Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Peterhead v East Fife today

Hi. Short notice I realise, but if you're going to Peterhead today I'm wondering if I can suggest a wee mutually beneficial deal!

Peterhead are selling tickets to their match against Rangers today from 2 - 3:30 (http://www.peterheadfc.com/news/388-ticket-sales-peterhead-v-rangers). If you could pick up as many tickets as your group can, then as well as obviously paying you for the tickets, we can also get you tickets to Bar 72 at Ibrox for the match on Tuesday 4th. This is an area of the Govan Stand at Ibrox which includes access to a bar & food from 5:15pm. You would then be able to either sit in those seats or in the East Fife away section if you prefer.

I hope this is of interest. Feel free to phone me on my mobile 07788 674350 to discuss if you like. Also happy to transfer money to you in advance.

Cheers,
Graham

Re: Peterhead v East Fife today

Rangers don't have a game today, so why not head up yourself. Will be a.good game.

Family birthday today otherwise I would have done!

1-0 to the Fife, McBride 10min penalty

Find these sfl updates strange. Penalty scored by McBride assisted by Wardlaw?!? What did he do - pull a face and put the goalie off

2-0 samuel 54mins

2-1 squeaky bum time !

2-1 mcallister 75mins

Hate it when all the part timers post the score updates on! Get to the game!

ft 2-1

some people have to work and cant get to games

You enjoy shopping today Tam ????!

Tam
Hate it when all the part timers post the score updates on! Get to the game!

Aye Tam. Agree. If they can watch and post they can be there. C'mon youse lot start going. I'm at Edin airport for 5:30 flight south or I would have been there. More bums on the supporters bus brings the price down, no brainier.

why u no at the game again tam?

Do some people come on here to do nothing but start arguments?There's plenty reasons why people can't make some games. I usually get to all the home games but only the occasional away ones because I've got two young children...doesn't mean I'm not a real supporter.

Wardlaw subbed very early for Brown... Take it was an injury ... Hopefully not a bad one! Any news on that Tam?

It seems you are only allowed an opinion if you go to every single game of the season. This is why this forum is mocked by the players so much, 75% of the people on it are absolute morons.

Anyway, great win for us today despite being down to bare bones! Hopefully Durie can get a few more signings completed this week.

Dearie me. Lighten up guys! I was only on the wind up.

Tam's taking the piss everyone, so calm down!

Great win to start the season. Hope we get Samuel signed up.

Re the first post. Hopefully no-one obliged. The last thing we need is for the home ends at all these grounds to be full of Rangers fans.

I would hope that stewards and police will remove Rangers fans not in their own end at all the games. Otherwise there will be trouble galore.

Bayviewboy. Not shopping as still on hols.

Tam when you back to get golf organized ?

Fifeyboab I totally disagree with your statement
" if they can watch and post they can be at the game"
I for one watch and post but due to me living over 5,000 miles away it is impossible to attend the games.
When I am over I have rode the Bus with Zak and company, also have been on the train with the Burger Boys & Girl.

big rab
I for one watch and post but due to me living over 5,000 miles away it is impossible to attend the games.
quote]

It's just any excuse with some people

It's okay folks, I've banned Tam for his offensive comments.

Shocking behaviour, he should know better.

big rab
Fifeyboab I totally disagree with your statement
" if they can watch and post they can be at the game"
When I am over I have rode the Bus with Zak and company, also have been on the train with the Burger Boys & Girl.

Hi Big Yin. You know me better than that. I am an overseas poster when working and I know all our fans can't get to every game. Having said that, there ARE some that can't be bothered to go to the games sometimes.

I spoke to Gareth after the game and he said it was just an impact injury. Bit painfull but will be fit for next week.

He also said Colin Samuel has a offer from Dubai! Hope he signs with us. He was brilliant, worked hard, chased everything and was always a threat.

Also, Our fans were excellent today. Great turnout.

Hope the supporters bus gets on the road again soon!

Graham Clelland
Hi. Short notice I realise, but if you're going to Peterhead today I'm wondering if I can suggest a wee mutually beneficial deal!

Peterhead are selling tickets to their match against Rangers today from 2 - 3:30 (http://www.peterheadfc.com/news/388-ticket-sales-peterhead-v-rangers). If you could pick up as many tickets as your group can, then as well as obviously paying you for the tickets, we can also get you tickets to Bar 72 at Ibrox for the match on Tuesday 4th. This is an area of the Govan Stand at Ibrox which includes access to a bar & food from 5:15pm. You would then be able to either sit in those seats or in the East Fife away section if you prefer.

I hope this is of interest. Feel free to phone me on my mobile 07788 674350 to discuss if you like. Also happy to transfer money to you in advance.

Cheers,
Graham

Was at Balmoor today (2-1 to the Bayview Boys) Got four tickets for the Huns game. They are for the home end obviously so happy to sell to any Peterhead fans.

MoM for Stoney. Had a gteat game at left back, and a fantastic run and cross for 2nd goal.
Graeme, Peterhead host Dundee on Tuesday, so as long as you have no other birtdaus, you should be ok to go.and pick up your tickets

Bayviewboy. Back on Tuesday. Pretty flexible with times. Pity we couldn't get a game at St Andrews Bay as it's looking great just now!

Kerriann
It's okay folks, I've banned Tam for his offensive comments.

Shocking behaviour, he should know better.

I apologise! Bossy mods! No need!

This boastful idiot has been bumming on about being on holiday for the past 6 weeks.If he wasn`t blowing so much cash in foreign resorts he could try getting his part time arse along to support his team.Big headed fud!!!

Lol! Cheers Jim! Just in from having a lovely meal. X

Did you have the scampi?

Noted from "Pie & Bovril" that Alex King has definitely not been offered a contact by EF. A Bonnyrigg connection confirmed he was told by Durie that EF are not looking for a central midfielder. I ask "Why was he on trial then"

This is disappointing news, as Alex has been one of the real success stories out of all the trialists. To be given an outing 4 games on the trot and then told you are not needed must have been hard for the lad to take. I noted all the fans who commented on AFTN following pre-season games liked the guy a lot. He fitted in well alongside Darren Smith and fights for every ball. Has Durie considered the essential requirement in this division to contest the middle of the park. Take Cowdenbeath last season. Not always pretty to watch, but they rarely lost the midfield battle, certainly in games I watched. I would take 2 or 3 Alex King's or Darren Smith's in the team any day. And besides, I'm sure Robert Sloan will be on the sidelines with injuries at least half the season and Div Muir, if not sitting forward of midfield is sometimes invisible in a game. King offers more options in midfield if you ask me. I have also noted Collin Samuel's scoring potential at this level. Is he signing or not? Given McManus's injury, we need forward cover right now.