Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ticket Arrangements for Rangers Tie

The club has now had confirmation of ticket details for the League Cup tie V Rangers at Ibrox on Tuesday 7th August, KO 19.45.

Prices are: Adult £15.00; Concession (65+) £10.00; Children (under 16) £5.00. Please note that these prices and age limits are set by the host club Rangers.

East Fife season ticket holders, members of the Supporters Trust and members of the Supporters Club can reserve their tickets now during office hours by phoning 01333 426323.

Let's get behind the team and get our season off to a great start!

Re: Ticket Arrangements for Rangers Tie

Why is the game being played on a Tuesday night and not Sunday 5th Eugene?

Albert, the clubs were advised by police that Saturday was not possible as apparently another Glasgow team are playing at home that day. On Sunday there is some sort of event which again meant the police were not happy with our game going ahead.

Tuesday was the next available date.

Not East Fife's choice - the crowd will probably be a lot lower and so our share of the gate will be reduced.

I read the statement about season ticket holders getting to reserve their tickets etc for the match, what about tickets for general sale?

Eugene when do tickets go on sale for rest of supporters.

We expect the tickets to arrive on Wednesday so they'll go on sale then.

We'll announce it on website,facebook and aftn when they arrive.

I think the club have missed a great opportunity.
If they had offered a free Ibrox ticket to all season ticket holders, it could have swayed another 100+ to invest in a season ticket.
As East Fife get half the gate money, this gesture would have cost the club £7.50 per season ticket, or less than 50p a game, for which the club would have had this additional (£16,000 est) income up front.
These glamour games do not come around that often, and this was the perfect opportunity to cash in, and ensure a boost to season ticket sales.

Ritchie
If they had offered a free Ibrox ticket to all season ticket holders, it could have swayed another 100+ to invest in a season ticket.
As East Fife get half the gate money, this gesture would have cost the club £7.50 per season ticket, or less than 50p a game, for which the club would have had this additional (£16,000 est) income up front.
These glamour games do not come around that often, and this was the perfect opportunity to cash in, and ensure a boost to season ticket sales.

Good suggestion Ritchie, unfortunately just a wee bit too late for the club to act on this time around.

Ritchie

Sign him up.

What is this glamour tie of which you speak? I thought we had drawn some newly promoted silverware free minnows!

Kings of Fife
Ritchie

Good suggestion Ritchie, unfortunately just a wee bit too late for the club to act on this time around.

If the will is there it could still be done.
Quick press release, mention it to people as they are phoning to book or turning up to purchase Rangers tickets, and you could turn casual pick a game fans into season ticket holders. Existing season ticket holders, pick them up at the office. Not too difficult, and considering that the money received from this game is pure bonus, it would be an excellent gesture, at a minimal cost.

Does anyone know if you can buy tickets over the phone and have them posted out as i like a lot of other fans stay outwith fife and would find it hard to get there to buy tickets. In my case ayrshire so it would be a 180 mile round trip!

Yes this can be done

Will this game be on tv? I`m gutted i can`t make it and i`ve heard bbc alba not even showing it. Nevermind, i`ll be at CP the following Tue!! pmsl

Today's Courier reports that East Fife have been given just 1000 briefs. Why we need so many pairs of pants I don't know, but that's the story.

Back page of the Sun has an advert from Rangers advising that the public sale starts today. Hope they turn up in numbers.

Why is no one answering phone? I want to buy tickets.

DReW_PeaCoCK
Today's Courier reports that East Fife have been given just 1000 briefs. Why we need so many pairs of pants I don't know, but that's the story.

Back page of the Sun has an advert from Rangers advising that the public sale starts today. Hope they turn up in numbers.

We will still make more noise than them, unless they score