Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"let's make it a sell out"

Looks like servco are really pushing the tie with east fife.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/index.php/news/headlines/item/1611-lets-sell-out-cup-clash

Been reading the rangers forum (for research purposes..... similar excuse to Peter Townsend I know). Anyway, their "fans" are talking about queuing outside ibrox for 90 minutes today, and being on the phone for 45 mins, so it looks like demand will be high.

I can't see it selling out but a crowd of 30k looks possible.

Re: "let's make it a sell out"

You can see how sales are going on their seating plan

clicky.

Right, time to cleanse my computer - all these rangers sites makes my browsing history look worse than gary glitters.

i went on the rangers website,clicked online tickets then stadium plan for seats and u can see what seats have been sold...stadium probably a 3rd full at present

Found this bit hilarious:

"Season Tickets in the Broomloan Rear Family Section or Broomloan Front do not include tickets for Rangers v Celtic matches".

Surely none of them do now. Maybe they meant Queens Park.

Expected anywhere between 30K and a sellout.
Either way a nice little earner and hopefully a boost to squad and stadium funds we never could have budgeted for.

And I really believe we will win.

SOLVE YOUR MATCHDAY CAR PARKING PROBLEMS
Car parking spaces are available in the Albion Car Park, directly opposite the Stadium. Spaces are priced at £7 and can be paid upon entry. Alternatively, if you wish to pre-book a car park space please click here, visit Rangers Ticket Centre or call 0871 702 1972.

Families with a juvenile in their party can call 0871 702 1972 or visit Rangers Ticket Centre to purchase a space in the Family Car Park (previously the Away Car Park) priced at £5. Spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis

you can cut the crowd down by 8000 as this appeers on the rangers web site

PLEASE NOTE: The Club Deck will be closed for this fixture .

big rab
SOLVE YOUR MATCHDAY CAR PARKING PROBLEMS
Car parking spaces are available in the Albion Car Park, directly opposite the Stadium. Spaces are priced at £7 and can be paid upon entry. Alternatively, if you wish to pre-book a car park space please click here, visit Rangers Ticket Centre or call 0871 702 1972.

Families with a juvenile in their party can call 0871 702 1972 or visit Rangers Ticket Centre to purchase a space in the Family Car Park (previously the Away Car Park) priced at £5. Spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis

£7 to park a car! And I thought Airdrie and Livingston were money grabbing bastirts with stunts like that. Tell them you'll pay when you come back then claim you're a completely different person and refuse to cough up.

Rangers v East Fife (information)
03 August 2012
This is from East Fife Official Web Site

We have been allocated the Albion Car Park (fee £7 per car) this is to the left of the roundabout in front of the main stadium.

Our supporters will enter the ground via turnstyles 76/77 situated at the back left corner from the main stand.

Any Supporters buses going to the match please inform the club so this information can be passed to the security staff at Rangers FC.

Please note that Focus personnel with body cameras will monitor inside and outside the stadium.

Searches will be made at random for liquid containers, inappropriate banners, flares, smoke bombs etc...

looking at the clicky link above it doesnt look like the "the rangers" tickets are selling as well as they thought. looks around circa 15000 sold to date - well thats my estimate, might grow to around 20000 by tuesaday