Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
last nite's game

so much for east fife not voting us into the 1st div........and all the carry on about buses being stopped for effc games

We might be in the 3rd Div but look at the score last night

if u ask me it is a case of 2nd Div you are having a laugh

GET IT RIGHT UP YOU'S

Re: last nite's game

Fair play to you guys, winning your first ever home game so easily. Surely your first ever trophy wont be too far away. No mean feat considering the financial problems you have apparently been facing, I'm assuming your players are playing for little or no money at all so all credit to them. Best of luck for your first ever season in football

Arnie
Fair play to you guys, winning your first ever home game so easily. Surely your first ever trophy wont be too far away. No mean feat considering the financial problems you have apparently been facing, I'm assuming your players are playing for little or no money at all so all credit to them. Best of luck for your first ever season in football

Yes as Arnie says congratulations to you and your club. A proud day indeed.

It will certainly be a great achievement when your 7k per week players, manage to win the third division playing against postmen, teachers and binmen etc.

Sorry for the OP's post guys. He doesn't represent the majority of Rangers fans at all. We very much welcome you all to Ibrox. It was a fun and entertaining evening. Of course the odds were heavily stacked against you, but that's to be expected.

I think I speak for most Rangers fans in saying thanks for a lively and entertaining game. I hope your board enjoys their share of the gate takings and invests the money wisely to make your home ground a more pleasant place to visit, or maybe to buy some new players.

Better luck next time!

Cheers for that.

Quick question, why was one guy about 40/50 years old standing as near to the away fans as possible in the Rangers end doing a Hitler salute for 5 min ?

You can't play Dambusters/Rule Britannia AND do Hitler salutes, surely ?

And no, it wasn't the 'Red Hand' gesture (not that that would've been any better like).

think u must be sadly mistaken about the guy doing a hitler salute maybe he was waving effc goodbye hope to see effc again very very very soon

Nah, I was sitting with my mate, a blue nose, in our end and he said, that it was a Hitler salute and says you see it from time to time from some idiots. He was mortified. Should've taken a photo.

Why do these people do it ? Is it racist, white-supremacist, BNP... or what ? Genuinely don't understand it.

EDIT: It was like this...

The sad thing is, most Rangers (SUPPORTERS)would not know about this EAST FIFE forum . The Rangers (fans) who have posted probably live in Fife and i would guess WE have been to Ibrox more times than them as away fans .

The goals

http://goalsaim.com/rangers-vs-east-fife-4-0-highlights-2012-scotland-league-cup/

Don't usually post.....however, just incase you missed it. The entire game is available on the Rangers website...free of charge! Need to register name etc. but cost nil.

rangers fan
think u must be sadly mistaken about the guy doing a hitler salute maybe he was waving effc goodbye hope to see effc again very very very soon

I suppose there's a good chance he was waving EFFC goodbye as most of The Rangers fans seemed to start streaming out after 70 minutes.

Do you think he waved Rangers goodbye with a Nazi salute just before they went bust and died?

What a great night Tuesday was.I enjoyed everything about going to I brox apart from the result and Sandy Jardines little talk at the start,what a total and utter prick that man is.

I'm sure if we had the money to piss away like you's are still doing (spending funny money on Black, and 7k a week on Shiels) Im sure the game would have been a bit closer, arsehole. You should count your lucky starts Rangers are still competing in any league you cheating bastards.

As a lapsed supporter and ex bean counter just something to ponder. Accept that the crowd was 38k. Assume that it was a 50/50 split although it was not exactly that as Rangers had expenses to cover,East Fifeshare £125K Rangers share £125K.
£250K divided by 38K is just over six and a half pounds per ticket. Seriously six and a half pounds per head. I think a bit more transparency is required reagarding not just the crowd figure but the ticket price required along with the extra going to the home club to cover shared expenses, or have I missed something? At an average figure of £13 per head receipts would have been nearer half a million. As I said just something to ponder.

I would have thought 28000 @ £15 and 10000 @ £10. = £520000.
Costs £120000
£400000 left between the 2 clubs = £200000 each.
That is without the extra 7000 - 8000 in the Club deck
A healthy payout for East Fife and hopefully it is wisely spent