Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
line up v alloa

1-brown,2-durie,3-cook,4-campbell,5-wedderburn,6-muir
7-mccormack,8-sloan,9-mcmanus,10-wardlaw,11-mcbride
subs mcallister,malcolm,martin,jamieson,collier

0-1 darren mccormack
sub jamieson replaced campbell 45mins

Re: line up v alloa

Now 1-1

Great result, crap performance,must do better

kenwit
Great result, crap performance,must do better

Totally agree.. Take a point... Worries me about the pace up front... Div Muir was the best on the park the day with Broony

Mucky Sock
Div Muir was the best on the park the day

I think you'll find that it was Robert Sloan who was the best player on the park today!!!

A little fortunate to come away with a 1-1 scoreline, however would have taken a point before the game.
Cracking strike by McCormack though. A very early contender for goal of the season!

Now....lets break the Central Park hoodoo on Tuesday night!We must be due a result there surely?!!

Div, alongside Daz McCormack and Craig Wedderburn was the best EF player on the park in my opinion. Alloa were the better team second-half. We missed Dazza Smith big style, and Stevie C after the break. Happy with the point.

Maybe Stoney was at Peterhead???

I agree we missed Darren Smith in the middle of the park, a guy who works hard, gives david muir support up and down the park and able to win the ball and control the game for us as we don't have bobby this season to look up to. Also I'm worried about our attacking options...Gareth wardlaw looked off pace at times and at times he looked like he was playing midfield, shagger will get their a few games under his belt and he'll be the same player he was until he left us for malta like someone said at the game, Collin samuel no one has a clue about his visa suitation though he was playing and scoring at peterhead before the rangers game and sean jamieson looks promising but tackling wise he needs to improve and been able to pick a pass out.
Though am like the rest of you guys on here its about time we win a derby for once, but I said it last season when they won 1-0 at bayview which was a total fluke goal they scored from thought we should of won that game so this time I hope its revenage
I was bizzare shocked why we took off mcmanus today for a defender in malcolm which he could of won the game, looked like he was going to score everytime he had the ball up the park for us along with div. great goal for mccormack so pleased for the lad and the ref should of got his cards out more to most alloa players some of the tackles they made on this plastic pitch were shocking tbh even that no.2 in Micheal Doyle ex killie under 19 player was a clear foul makes you wonder why they stormed division 3 with all the pushing and shoving and referee in flavour of you.
Can I point out that we haven't played a home game since we beat falkirk second team, maybe that's why we are resting guys too and looked a bit off pace. So we have won 1, lost 1 and drew 1 all away, next up cowdenbeath on tuesday followed by the relief of our first competitive home game finally, phew what a start to the season man we must be the unlucky team to have all these away games building up

1 pt away 3ppt home = lgood league pos. moaning fans.

Shagger will be great when he gets back fit. He has missed all pre season training and has not played any games apart from 60 mins against rangers and 80 yesterday. He will be bck to his best when he has played enough games to get fit. The boy's looked nackerd but they had just played ranger's and that would have took a lot out of them