Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cowdenbeath v East Fife

Some things never change.

1-0

Re: Cowdenbeath v East Fife

2-0

Make that 3-0 now. methinks this is going to be a very long, frustrating, horrible season for supporters unless things change very quickly.

Word from someone at the game is that we are absolutely terrible. Showing NOTHING at all.
Once again Cowdenbeath own us. Looking like a very, very hard season ahead.

We are down to the bare bones. Going to be a brutal season in difficult league unless we bring some quality players in.

Absolutely brutal.
This is a team full of hoofers. Not got a fucking clue how to play as a team and would struggle in the juniors.
A season fighting off relegation beckons.

That was Fucking Stinking.

We showed absoloutly NOTHING.

i've never been so angry and let down walking away from a game in my life. In a derby game, the LEAST you expect is abit of fight and passion. Where was it lads????

Utter, Utter shite.

I had a feeling this was going to be a long and hard season. We are relegation material no doubt about it.

A hammering on Saturday for sure too.

Yet another Cowden embarassment to add to the hundreds before. We were terrible. Team has no spark and looks very unbalanced. We urgently need 3 or 4 quality players to come in, it's time Durie used some of his contacts to source some players. I'm sure the likes of Dundee United, Hearts, Hibs etc have a few decent youngsters who could do a job for us.

The football tonight was also rank rotten, constantly hoofing the ball up the park for McManus to chase. It didn't work 2 years ago it wont work now. I fear QOS are going to give us a severe doing on Saturday aswell.

It's still August and already the doom and gloom has begun. It's going to be a long season at this rate.

Was there, seriously is that the fight, dig, commitment, desire, skill, creativity, innovation and pace we are going to be faced with this season. If yes then feck me it's going to be ugly this season and bitterly frustrating for the Fife Faithful. If I was writing a report card for the 3 competative matches I have see so far this season it would be an E-. Sid and Co time to splash the cash and bring in talent as others like myself have spend a small fortune recently for no return... Not fair!

Was campbell,stoney ,smith or samuel playing from what ive seen so far this season midfield has no mobility and we are way short of any pace up front.

What the Hell is going on??? We desperately need a good start to the season.
This so called team are a disjointed,shambolic mess with zero leadership on and off the park. Once again, letting the club down,letting themselves down and letting the supporters down, who continue to pay good money to follow and support them.
Harsh but true and it`s up to Sid to make some money available to sign 3 or 4 players as some of these on show at present are no way good enough.

Never in all my years following East Fife have I left a ground feeling so depressed,angry and ashamed! That was a derby game FFS!

Did I hear Durie shouting back at the fans?

Im sure he shouted shut up

trialist
Was campbell,stoney ,smith or samuel playing from what ive seen so far this season midfield has no mobility and we are way short of any pace up front.

We need a good central defender who can put himself about and can lead the players from the back line. A right winger who can run at players, not been impressed with mcbride he has good delivery but that's all. Our midfield lately look off the pace and as many have said mcmanus has been injured all pre-season and will take time to get back to a good fitness. Wardlaw has worked hard but will never run in behind so why do we pump the ball up the park all the time the last 3 games. Its still early days but we must sign player's very quick because we are way short on the bench to many young boys. I would say a right winger is a must. A centre half, and maybe another striker for when colin leaves.

I think the fans at game tonight have every right to complain.

No football played, just hoofed up the park. Desperately need a left back, right + left winger.

Wardlaw and McManus got no service.

Brown outstanding again.

We need some experience in defence, an organiser (tweed like character).

We need to add strength and depth.

Does durie have the savvy to pick and play a decent team or is this going to be another disaster of a season with a rookie manager at the helm?
Based on what I saw last night we're heading for the 3rd.

fookie nell
Does durie have the savvy to pick and play a decent team or is this going to be another disaster of a season with a rookie manager at the helm?

YAWNNNNN!!!

Morrissey
fookie nell

YAWNNNNN!!!

The average age of "that" Cowdenbeath team was 21. Men against boys or boys against no hopers? Going to be a long hard season ahead.

Quocia
That was Fucking Stinking.

We showed absoloutly NOTHING.

i've never been so angry and let down walking away from a game in my life. In a derby game, the LEAST you expect is abit of fight and passion. Where was it lads????
c,mon have you forgot march 2010 got beat 6-2 by cowden, crawford as manager. jan 2nd beaten 4-0 robbo the manager. trust me i have had the same feelings walking out the shitpit and that is not counting all the other recent defeats by cowden. the sad thing is its the same old story with different players and managers against cowden. Solution !!!
Utter, Utter shite.

Sorry Quocia my reply should have been after utter,utter shite!! Same old story though!