Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lapsed season ticket holders

Are there any folks who have not renewed their season tickets and if so why not????

Re: Lapsed season ticket holders

I've sadly not renewed mine but mainly due to work! I do, however, worry about a lack of forward thinking at the club and that we're stagnating in this division. Spend the Rangers money on players and try desperately to get promoted, a season with all 4 Fife clubs next season is a huge financial carrot. Sometimes you need to take risks.

Mon the Fife!

Fat Doug
I've sadly not renewed mine but mainly due to work! I do, however, worry about a lack of forward thinking at the club and that we're stagnating in this division. Spend the Rangers money on players and try desperately to get promoted, a season with all 4 Fife clubs next season is a huge financial carrot. Sometimes you need to take risks.

Mon the Fife!

That would be a huge financial carrot like the one last night? Now how much did they make out of that 'huge' 466 spectators in a Fife derby??

I`ve not renewed mine either. Normally get the Parent and 2 children ticket as it does represent good value for money but even that can`t seem to entice me to purchase again.
The 2 boys will probably continue to go but I feel i`ve lost my enthusiasm to attend every home game.

Will probably pick and choose games to go to now and just pay at the gate.

Tam
I`ve not renewed mine either. Normally get the Parent and 2 children ticket as it does represent good value for money but even that can`t seem to entice me to purchase again.
The 2 boys will probably continue to go but I feel i`ve lost my enthusiasm to attend every home game.

And you call yourself a supporter?! You're having a laugh

Haven't bothered renewing my parent child due to apathy
It is the same with the national side as neither inspire me

Albert

The fans are also supposed to inspire the teams you know!

I bought one for the first time for a few years as my part of the deal with the club doing the right thing re the sevco saga. I probably wont make it to every game due to other commitments but I see it as my contribution to the financial health of the club.

More season ticket sales = better player budget= better chance of winning team= happier fans. No?

Albert

I am the same totally lost interest in poor football at bayview and at international level

I've not renewed mine. Feel bad in respect of the Club doing the right thing with Sevco but I just don't enjoy it anymore. Doesn't feel like East Fife anymore in so many ways - the Crystal Maze contestant-like strips, the ground, the atmosphere, the lack of communication and the fact even Cowdenbeath have left us in their wake. So far behind them it's unreal. Not to mention the Rankine stuff. There's nothing to look forward to as far as I can see. A lot of fans are happy with consolidation and social networking with players. I want to get out of this league with attacking football - it's not going to happen with some of the players we have in key positions. You daren't say it though. It's not good enough for proud East Fife to finish 6th in this league when Dumbarton and Cowden show how positive football can bring success. It's not a hobby (getting out the house on a Saturday and if we're pish week after week, they're put down to 'bad days at the office') but a fruitless obsession for me.

I'll still go to most home games, and will always only have one team, but need to wean myself off East Fife. I have no blind faith or real pride in EF left - that I've always had until now.

St Pauli Fifer
I've not renewed mine. Feel bad in respect of the Club doing the right thing with Sevco but I just don't enjoy it anymore. Doesn't feel like East Fife anymore in so many ways - the Crystal Maze contestant-like strips, the ground, the atmosphere, the lack of communication and the fact even Cowdenbeath have left us in their wake. So far behind them it's unreal. Not to mention the Rankine stuff. There's nothing to look forward to as far as I can see. A lot of fans are happy with consolidation and social networking with players. I want to get out of this league with attacking football - it's not going to happen with some of the players we have in key positions. You daren't say it though. It's not good enough for proud East Fife to finish 6th in this league when Dumbarton and Cowden show how positive football can bring success. It's not a hobby (getting out the house on a Saturday and if we're pish week after week, they're put down to 'bad days at the office') but a fruitless obsession for me.

I'll still go to most home games, and will always only have one team, but need to wean myself off East Fife. I have no blind faith or real pride in EF left - that I've always had until now.

Does that mean you will no longer be whinging on here SPF?

St Pauli Fifer

WTF? I try and go to every home game I can (money too tight to mention at the moment) and as for pride; I feel just as proud of my team as everyone around me in their Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham and Gooners' tops.

I just can't see how you can lose pride in East Fife and what it stands for, I really don't. We all feel pissed off after a bad result then we are elated the next week when we win. All goes with the territory.

Tam

LIAR! Here's the reality of the situation:

"I`ve not renewed mine either. Normally get the Parent and 2 children ticket as it does represent good value for money, but my wife has told be that I'm spending too much time at the football and its about time I was helping her with the ironing on a Saturday afternoon.
The 2 boys will probably continue to go as they're not under the thumb like I am.
My wife will probably pick and choose the games I go to now when I'm allowed".

Quite sad really. When diehards like Spf & Tam don't go as often it shows how pish we have become. Years of watching substandard dross takes its toll.
After Tuesday night's spineless effort against Cowdenbeath I won't be rushing back in a hurry!

Tams on the wind up!Sure his wife will still tell him what games he can attend but he will be using his season ticket to get into these games!!!!

An indication of how far we have fallen is that I'm currently watching Ross County lead Celtic 1-0 in a league game. How did this happen? A Highland League club less than 20 years ago from a place barely bigger than a village. What have they done right that we have done spectacularly wrong? You could also add the likes of Falkirk, St Johnstone, QoS, Dunfermilne, Raith and even Cowdenbeath as examples of clubs that have left us far behind over the past 25 years.

No wonder a lot of us have become disillusioned. I still love East Fife but don't, and can't, get excited by constant mediocrity with little hope that things are going to get much better in the years ahead.

Opinion
Quite sad really. When diehards like Spf & Tam don't go as often it shows how pish we have become. Years of watching substandard dross takes its toll.
After Tuesday night's spineless effort against Cowdenbeath I won't be rushing back in a hurry!

Never in time can they be called diehards mate. Diehards don't give up on their team!

Former die-hard(s)

So it's ok to tell the board I won't be back / renew my season ticket if you don't vote the way I want you to vote, even though it's not your finances that are affected.

Then when the club does the right thing you withdraw your financial support anyway!!!!!

Hypocrites

A lot of fans have a perfectly feasable idea of what we can achieve and where we should be as a club.
But it strikes me that most folk at Bayview have got NO vision for the club at all, and that includes a lot of our fans. New ideas are rubbished, ambition and hope is quashed by negativity and sheer pig headedness. No real planning or forethought by the board either. They're just firefighting. We lack people at the top who really care about East fife.

I'd rather we were a community based club like Spartans, than a Dundee or a Livingston, flying by the seat of our pants trying to compete. League position isn't the be all and end all, we need a root and branch restructuring and rebranding of the club. We need to draw folk in with decent facilities and community involvement. That's achievable and sustainable for us, chasing Dunfermline is not. Not this decade anyway.. we're being left behind by a growing number of clubs in this respect, from Montrose to Annan!!

Lapsed season ticket holders = east fife supporters with at the most 5 grey cells.

cowdengelly
Lapsed season ticket holders = east fife supporters with at the most 5 grey cells.

If i was a moderator of this forum i would ban you ya prick.
No hesitation at all.

thanks neebs thats one for my CVi LOVE YOU GUYS ALWAYS BITING BASH ON IT'S ONLY THE START OF THE SEASON.yA HOOR SURand no I am not pissed drugged out or otherwise.

cowdengelly
thanks neebs thats one for my CVi LOVE YOU GUYS ALWAYS BITING BASH ON IT'S ONLY THE START OF THE SEASON.yA HOOR SURand no I am not pissed drugged out or otherwise.

Pleased to hear it.

Now fuck off.

cowdengelly

Did you not admit recently that you also spend a lot of time drooling on the Raith forum?

Perhaps you need to get a hobby and/or a life.

cowdengelly

Take it your just jealous of how many supporters we have compared to what cowdenbeath can get every week We will still out number you even though you lot are in the first, you'll be back here soon mark my words