Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ian Black

Watched him come on tonight and fans booing him.I then heard the pundits telling us he was the best midfielder in the premier league last season if hes good enough he should play.My feeling is if he signed for east stirling instead of rangers he would not be playing.Perhaps his performances have enabled rangers to get some great results against brechin,east fife and peterhead and thats what got him in the scotland team.The level he plays at is not good enough for international selection.What about the east fife player who scored three goals for scotland in his one appearance and was never picked again.

Re: Ian Black

No player from the Scottish 3rd division shouldn't get anywhere near the International team. Black is not good enough anyway, if a Championship team down south came in for him would he have went to Rangers? I don't think so. No decent team wanted him at the end of the day. Good result for us lastnite tho and i thought we played well. Cracking goals, esp Australia's 1st goal and gd to see Rhodes score..

What about Leveins treatment of the bbc reporter? Levein is an arrogant sod and no way good enough for a international manager.

would levien have dropped mcgregor if he was still at rangers....dont think so

I was disgusted at the booing last night. When a player pulls on a Scotland shirt, he's a Scotland player first and foremost. As most of you will know, Liverpool are my wee team and despite the club rivalry, I have been a huge fan of Darren Fletcher. I had my 2 boys with me at the game for the first time last night and was quick to point out to them that it does not matter what team they play for. We support anyone in a Scotland jersey - end of!

I have given up supporting the national team. I see no point in following a group of Englishmen who have Scottish grand parents, next to no passion for the badge or shirt and are not good enough to get a cap for their own country so come up here for one?

Craig Levien hunting the globe for youngsters with Scottish relatives shows everything that is wrong with Scottish football. Instead of trying to produce our own youngsters we just ship folk in from elsewhere.

Every country does this so hardly a Scottish problem, is it?

I will never stop supporting my Country for the reason you've given! We are a small country who need to make the most of the players available to us. I will never reject players like Jordan Rhodes on the basis that 'just coz they're no good for england they're playing for us'. England's loss is our gain.

I'm not a fan of Levein but will support him as the manager who is in charge my national team. The issues you've given are problematic of a lot national teams, not unique to Scotland but that's they way it is. It's the SFA that need to look at nuturing talent and I for one will not let the players that pull on the Scottish jersey suffer for their failings. I support them because they play for us.

Benitez
I have given up supporting the national team. I see no point in following a group of Englishmen who have Scottish grand parents, next to no passion for the badge or shirt and are not good enough to get a cap for their own country so come up here for one?

Craig Levien hunting the globe for youngsters with Scottish relatives shows everything that is wrong with Scottish football. Instead of trying to produce our own youngsters we just ship folk in from elsewhere.

It's hardly just started under Levein though has it?

I hink andrew driver of hearts switched country under burley through been in a education up here when he was incharge me thinks but I don't mind it as long as they do the job.

I think picking someone like Ian Black that now currently plays in division 3 for rangers is terriable, if that is the case why is scott durie not picked aswell then? Though I find Levein a bit odd at times espically after he picked that weird looking formation against the czech's a way back, still don't rate the man at international level as a manager he's better as a club manager likes, but I still get on with it and support scotland as you do eh for being scottish.

Also I herd lee wallace in the same team is moaning he cannot be picked well sign for a SPL club or a england team to have some sort of chance of been choosen and good enough to make the squad simples, I say most of the rangers team are good enough anyway to be playing higher. As there isn't any competition unless teams like berwick, elgin or east stirling do a peterhead every week then they have to move on in their carrer and been able to win caps for country. life isnt always free and easy.

Cambuslang Fifer
I hink andrew driver of hearts switched country under burley through been in a education up here when he was incharge me thinks but I don't mind it as long as they do the job.

I think picking someone like Ian Black that now currently plays in division 3 for rangers is terriable, if that is the case why is scott durie not picked aswell then? Though I find Levein a bit odd at times espically after he picked that weird looking formation against the czech's a way back, still don't rate the man at international level as a manager he's better as a club manager likes, but I still get on with it and support scotland as you do eh for being scottish.

Also I herd lee wallace in the same team is moaning he cannot be picked well sign for a SPL club or a england team to have some sort of chance of been choosen and good enough to make the squad simples, I say most of the rangers team are good enough anyway to be playing higher. As there isn't any competition unless teams like berwick, elgin or east stirling do a peterhead every week then they have to move on in their carrer and been able to win caps for country. life isnt always free and easy.

For fucksake get a dictionary

You really are a walloper.

Scott durie on a par with Ian black

FFs heard it all now

Ian Black is a money grabbing tosser.Anyone who signs for newco is tarred with the same brush as far as I am concerned.End of rant.Newco should be playing in the third division of the Glasgow amatuer league even that's to good for them.Before you all start calling me a closet celt I am a mason.

Congratulations. Do they not just call them bricklayers in Cowden?

I wouldn't know it's a secret.

What on earth has allegedly being a Freemason got to do with it. What a clown, I really doubt you are in the craft as its nothing to do with football, religion, politics. HTWSSTKS.

This is interesting. Masonic acronyms on AFTN.
Handshakes That Welcome Strange Societies Transmit Knowing Smiles.

The Craft

who cares your all biting

cowdengelly
who cares your all biting

...and you have nothing better to do than come on our website.

I think maybe we have all underestimated Cowdengelly. Everyone thought he was just an annoying arse with nothing much in his life but it turns out we may have been wrong. Has he been stringing us along with his really clever posts (some of which need cartoon faces to indicate humour).Be honest,how many fell for his line about being a Mason ? Have we underestimated him ?

No,he is just an annoying arse with nothing much in his life. Now we wait for his rapier like response (with cartoon faces).