Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
possible signings

Being reported in todays courier that east fife manager gordon durie has made offers to potential signing targets ahead of the game against queen of the south.Also saying colin samuels paper work unlikely to be sorted out in time for the game.Mr durie like the fans must have seen enough on tuesday to convince him new talent is required.

Re: possible signings

Could have got Kingy from pre season for next to nothing who could have done a job for the Fife but seemingly had enough midfielders in team.

Just as Benitez and I have stated several times on this Forum, Alex King would have been a brilliant signing. He gives his all every game for 90 minutes and in my opinion worked during the trials extremely well in conjunction with Darren Smith (who is now picking up niggling injuries regularly). We are definitely lacking in midfield cover just now. As someone already said on this one, Durie's loss is Bonnyrigg's gain. Pity though!

Sorry I saw all the pre-season matches bar the St Johnstone game and I didn't rate King, the boy gave 100% fair enough, but we're needing a bit more than that. Darren and him through the middle, in the 2nd Division, would have been to lightweight.

football journalist
Being reported in todays courier that east fife manager gordon durie has made offers to potential signing targets ahead of the game against queen of the south.Also saying colin samuels paper work unlikely to be sorted out in time for the game.Mr durie like the fans must have seen enough on tuesday to convince him new talent is required.

We should be looking for another striker mcmanus has been playing with the same injury that has kept him out of all the pre season games so i heard from a director.If true then why do we not play big sean and make sure shagger gets fit properly. king for me looked good against st johnston but he is not better than muir,smith,sloan,johnston. the manager needs a right winger with a bit of pace and a centre half. if we dont get players in soon then we could be playing catch up very early in the season

if mcmanus is crocked then wtf is the club doing about treatment to sort it out,the more shagger plays on it the more damage he does to whatever the injury.common sense eh.

I can understand why the manager has had to play shagger if he has been injured, the fact is with samuel's paper work no closer to being fixed and sean not having much experience then he defo had to play mcmanus if he is 50% fit. He is our best goal scorer at the club and he will still give his all to try and win games. Wardlaw and mcmanus will become a good partnership once shagger is back to his best. Sean has come on in games since the peterhead game and has done little to make sure he play's the next game. The manager will bleed big sean in slowly and then when he gets more games in the 2nd division it will be up to the player himself to stay in the team. Agree about king he was a good wee player in games but it was pre-season and we have to have faith in the manager for not wanting him. Let's all get behind the team and take the club forward.

Batman
I can understand why the manager has had to play shagger if he has been injured, the fact is with samuel's paper work no closer to being fixed and sean not having much experience then he defo had to play mcmanus if he is 50% fit. He is our best goal scorer at the club and he will still give his all to try and win games. Wardlaw and mcmanus will become a good partnership once shagger is back to his best. Sean has come on in games since the peterhead game and has done little to make sure he play's the next game. The manager will bleed big sean in slowly and then when he gets more games in the 2nd division it will be up to the player himself to stay in the team. Agree about king he was a good wee player in games but it was pre-season and we have to have faith in the manager for not wanting him. Let's all get behind the team and take the club forward.
. Not saying King is any better than the 4 you've mentioned but is on a par with them and think he could have done a job given the chance.

If he was good enough 3rd division teams would take him never mind 2nd

Samuels paperwork problems are a joke. If he had been signing for Rangers I somehow don't think it would have taken this amount of time. Can he not play as a trialist ?

Bayviewboy
Samuels paperwork problems are a joke. If he had been signing for Rangers I somehow don't think it would have taken this amount of time. Can he not play as a trialist ?

I agree with you Bayviewboy. If this was the newco he would be signed right away like most of their signings, why has the visa or international clearance taken this long. We need strikers..mcmanus is half fit, wardlaw is okay but needs support up there and jamieson is unexperience yet to be playing for 90 mins...Cmon Durie and the board it isn't rocket science we have been playing poorly for 3 games, with only 3 goals in competitve games so far and we have conceeded far too many goals, already its august. The fans here and at games like me are starting to get a bit frustrated with the lack of direction the club is going right now. We need. To strengthen this type of squad and start winning games and hitting the net more often or its 3rd division we have enough defenders including a unfit malcolm at times and with so little fire power, we defiently need samuel or someone of a option upfront for us even a loan signing then so be it. I was at alloa game and we did okay first 45 mins but as soon as the 2nd half came and it was 1-1 we threw on malcolm for mcmanus, we should be trying to win games with players in position and no just sit back and hold out at times I herd we were about the same against cowden with only we lost the game badly, thank god I save the travelling till saturday.

I heard Kanu of portsmouth and Jamie mole - used to play for raith could be on their way shortly along with Marco Pelsoi if anyone has forgotten him a few years back.

lucky winner
I heard Kanu of portsmouth and Jamie mole - used to play for raith could be on their way shortly along with Marco Pelsoi if anyone has forgotten him a few years back.

Where did you get that information from???

lucky winner

Kanu???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I presume we will be seeing Ronaldo (the fat one) too at Bayview?

I thought you already had several fat one's there.

cowdengelly
I thought you already had several fat one's there.

Where about? Name them then? your a cowdenbeath supporter anyways with the name like that you must be, you wouldnt know and your programe and prices at central park is pish. Trot on to your own forum instead of commenting smart on this forgot you need another £14 to keep it upto date

CG.

Keep posting. All outside postings welcome, gives insight to what fans think outside our wee bubble.

Fifeyboab
CG.

Keep posting. All outside postings welcome, gives insight to what fans think outside our wee bubble.

goodness sake fifey you have been in the sun too long

lucky winner

I'd be very surprised if you were chasing Pelosi. He signed for Kirkcaldy YM during the summer from Dundonald Bluebell as part of a swap deal. Mole knows where the net is but his head drops a wee bit too easily.

Mole is pish and too much like wardlaw and has not been playing since he was with us. marco was a good player when he first arrived at starks but was shit 2nd time round.

If we want out the 2nd Div Mole is not the answer. We will need to sign quality players soon tho as we lack strength in depth right now. I would welcome Park back if he was fit and Wedderburn very comfortable in games he`s played so far.