Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
QOS GAME.

FROM P&B FORUM.

I remember gan tae the first ever game played on a Sunday at Palmerston, my Grandfaither took me along tae see the Queens and we ended up in a queue fur nearly twa oors tae git in. I was only a wee bairn at the time, but if I remember correctly, there was an amazing crowd of around 6,000 fur this Scottish Cup tie with East Fife. This was during the time that the Methil side generated huge crowds in the Scottish.

I think Queens won yin nil, but I can still see the huge crowds in long lines o' the way doon Terregles Street tae this day. There wuz a huge following frae East Fife that day, I dinnae ken whit has happened tae such a geed club as they used tae be. Nooadays, there no much bigger than Cowden(bloody)beath.
This post has been edited by Truthhurts: Yesterday, 20:42

Aye, what the happened?

Re: QOS GAME.

For anyone interested in the game referred to - it was played at Palmerston as recently as 27th January 1974. East Fife lost 1-0 in front of a crowd of 5,400.
East Fife team was: MCGARR, DUNCAN, PRINTY, CLARKE, MARTIS, RAE, MILLER, BORTHWICK, HAMILTON, HEGARTY, LOVE. Substitutes JONES replaced HAMILTON and MCIVOR replaced LOVE.
East Fife's average HOME crowd for the three League Cup matches and 17 League games that same season was 3,642 - and this was when we were having a bad season! The previous year, when we finished 9th in the old 1st Division, the average home crowd for competitive matches was 4,993!

Re: QOS GAME.

Jim Corstorphine
For anyone interested in the game referred to - it was played at Palmerston as recently as 27th January 1974. East Fife lost 1-0 in front of a crowd of 5,400.
East Fife team was: MCGARR, DUNCAN, PRINTY, CLARKE, MARTIS, RAE, MILLER, BORTHWICK, HAMILTON, HEGARTY, LOVE. Substitutes JONES replaced HAMILTON and MCIVOR replaced LOVE.
East Fife's average HOME crowd for the three League Cup matches and 17 League games that same season was 3,642 - and this was when we were having a bad season! The previous year, when we finished 9th in the old 1st Division, the average home crowd for competitive matches was 4,993!

Need I say more regarding two divisions and gate split. We need a campaign!!!