Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Q.O.S game(analysis)

Very unlucky not to have won that game there, We were the better team in my opinion and with better officials and a wee bit more composure the win could have been ours.
Still some areas needing strengthened though but I do not think we will come up against a strong full time team like them every week.
Officials once again were very poor and McManus could have been one on one with the goalie in 1st half but was clearly pulled back and he waved play on.
Very frustrated at the result but a good team performance and Man of the match for me was Darren Smith.

Re: Q.O.S game(analysis)

Decent game, thought a draw was a fair result.

How on earth the referee gave a free kick against McManus ill never know! He turned him easily and was off and then HE was pulled back. F*cking ridiculous.

Stand side linesman was utter useless as well. Very poor officials.

Thought Wedderburn once again strolled through the game. Come on Durie, get him signed! Could be a decent partnership with Campbell.

Only negative is our forward play. Very little created. We have the strikers there to score but we need the service. A creative midfielder is a must IMO.

Much improved from Tuesday.

Edit to add: Our MOM was Div Muir for me. A couple of times he ghosted past players and got the shot off.

One point, should have been three.. Great performance!... Smith awesome... Campbell class... Div Muir avg. 1st half then in the second ... well great control quickly followed by a great shot triggered a surge of confidence and man he was awesome after that.. Well done Fife.. More of the same next week please!

Heard a wee rumour that Wedderburn signed today... But no sure if 100% true...

Quocia
Edit to add: Our MOM was Div Muir for me. A couple of times he ghosted past players and got the shot off.

mr anon
Quocia

Well at least once Might be a case of mistaken identity. Although i thought he was impressive today.

MoM Darren Smith by a mile

Edit to add: Our MOM was Div Muir for me. A couple of times he ghosted past players and got the shot off. [/quote]
His dad was quite nifty avoiding a pint of coke thrown at him

thought the 1st half was full of effort but lacked any craft,endless punts up to the forwards with the 2nd ball dropping to their players due to our midfield being far too deep...very frustrated with that 1st half!
2nd half was what i want from an East Fife team...working hard for each other and playing good football against full time promotion favourites,unlucky not to win the game.
Wedderburn and Campbell looked great at heart of defence...Muir came onto a good game, wardlaw and Mcmanus showed better when supplied with decent service and Darren Smith gave a real captains performance, great drive ,very vocal and was all over the park putting in tackles, Man of the Match.

well done the management team for whatever was said at half-time

Some of the posters on this forum will be gutted to know that East Fife this afternoon fought really hard and gave a very credible performance against the full time favourites for the league QOS.

Well done boys, great effort 2nd half
Defended well throughout.
Midfield battled well in the first half and dominated the longer the game went on.
Campbell solid and composed.
Muir some stray passes but outstanding in the second half.
Wardlaw, did what was written in the prog. loads of effort.
McBride, gave options, good effort.
Smith, MOM always at the heart of the action.
QOTSs impressive start to the season just came to a shuddering halt although still favs to go up...well done EF keep up the good work!!!!!

After our second half performance there looks a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.First half we looked very nervy and showed queens a lot of respect.Understandable after tuesdays nightmare.No one willing to make a run of the ball, very rigid and defended far too deep.Queens had the bulk of possesion in this half but looked powder puff in front of goal.Dont know what was said at half time but what a difference.The players seemed to come alive and find a bit of believe.Good dig in the middle of the park and movement of the ball,and most important our players wanted the ball.As said in other posts Campbell and Wedderburn look like they could form a decent partnership.Hopefully he has signed.Scott durie put in a great shift in midfield especially the first half tracking back and helping cookie.Div Muir and Darren Smith simply brilliant 2nd half, and ive been less than convinced with div, so credit where credit is due.Mcbride looked sharp when he came on and gave us a bit more width down the left also unlucky with his free kick that went inches high.A great shift by wardlaw as well,shagger unlucky with best chance of the game a good save by queens keeper who looked impresive.Colin Samuel would be a good addition as his pace and strength would give us another good option up top.Early days yet but match sharpness is coming and a different thing than being match fit.Brechin and albion rovers up next,with the same believe we showed 2nd half these are games we can win.

SIGN WEDDERBURN!

Been saying this since the start of fucking preseason.

well deserved point against a side thats full-time and favourites for the leauge.
The crowd was decent today even though i looked on thir website to see that it was 638 at bayview. The crowd were behind east fife today and we looked much better and soild than the pervious 3 games we have played in. Defended wise we were soild as a unit with campbell and wedderburn looks like a great patnership and the first 10-15 mins i thought we were going to score. The second half was much better and made few good passes to create chances and they were reduced to 10 men when their manager was sent off. Some of the decisions werent that great though but at the end of the day the draw was always good enough point to take away from them.
like you Benitez Craig Wedderburn has to sign he looks great and won every ball and was great in the air too.
todays performance is a positive, i hope more of the same please next week away to brechin and thank god we havent got any more mid-week games now also gordon durie to be back in the dugout aswell get better Jukebox! Mon The Fife!

i thought there was far more than 638 at Bayview today but i'm sure the moaners from Ibrox will tell us what the actual attendance was.

on reflection of today, i was pleased with the spirit today of the whole team,although a welcomed clean sheet it has to be said 3 corners in the 2nd half didnt have a fife head even challenging for it and 1 cross in the 1st half should've been buried by QOS player but apart from that a clean sheet was deserved by the team.

feel it's right to mention young Darren McCormack, last week he played right back, scored a belter also played centre-half and this week played Left Back , great team player who rarely gets a mention

Not a bad performance from the team today in all honestly with Smith being the best player by a million miles!