Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
players arriving

I've heard from sources that wedderburn will be signing a contract soon, matty park is going to have to prove fitness to get contract and the gaffer is looking at jamie mole

Re: players arriving

Jamie Mole, just over 100 games in his career and he's no even into double figures scoring wise. No thanks!

Park and Wedderburn on the other hand I would gladly welcome at the club.

Well your sources are rubbish. Just spoke to Park on twitter and he said he's after a full time contract. If not, he's off home to OZ.

I hope Wedderburn signs he looks like him a campbell are becoming a good patnership in the centre of the defence with mccormack and cook out on the full-back positions, and he looked quality against QOS last saturday won every ball that came at him. Park would be another boost for us if it happens i will be delighted with that signing but can we afford his wages hes asking and for him to take a pay-cut would be a plus, still think hes too good to sit in division three level if am honest and rather than him go back home would love to see him like many fife fans on here that he signs on with us Jamie mole i dunno much he was at hearts and then had to go out on-loan to raith, i remember he scored a goal against us at starks...but we need goals and strenghten this attack so why not take a look at him, ye never know really and i want to see samuel back in this team aswell and make Wardlaw and shagger sweat even more that every position in this squad is a fight to stay in the team i say.

the transfer window closes on friday night and would be really disappointed if we didnt add to the squad,especially with the ibrox money.

A strong and experienced centre half has got to be a priority IMO.
Has Bob Malcolm not proven his fitness yet?

Transfer deadline only affects us if we're buying a player from another club. We can sign free agents any time.

Just as a matter of interest who was the last player we actually bought from another club? You know, like paid real money for?

I'd have to say templeton or bobby linn can't remember anybody else recently who we've spent money on

Templeman.

Most players at every level are purchased under freedom of contract these days.

We have 4 central defenders at present excluding Bob Malcolm. That's more than enough

We need a left back and right back who can defend, plus a wide right player and a central midfielder who can create. We have no flair in the squad and don't look like we can score many goals.

I agree. We need a wide left player as well though.

Heard today that Wedderburn was told he wasn't getting a contract last night.
Dont know if true or not but was also told he was given all his kit, training bag etc last week then told this last night.

It seems almost similar to the samuel saga play him in a lot of games and sign him.Then find out he is not permitted to play.Surely you should find out if he can play with you first and equally is he good enough to play with you .Its going to be a long season without some good signings.

Kingy,creative midfielder who can battle in midfield.

Don`t know about anyone else but the lack of signings is frustrating esp after our unexpected windfall from the Rangers game. From what i`ve seen so far this season we will finish mid-table at very best, simply not good enough. It will be interesting to see our attendances at Bayview this season as people including me will just stop going if our board continue to lack ambition.

Agree with DPH, ma old boy said the same. After Rangers, Cowdenbeath, Brechin so far this season I am being seriously tested about my hardcore commitment this season; it's tough watching totally pish football every week. The board has got to sign some quality soon or a fair few of the hardcore will start to get disillusioned which will be a real shame!

DPH
Don`t know about anyone else but the lack of signings is frustrating esp after our unexpected windfall from the Rangers game. From what i`ve seen so far this season we will finish mid-table at very best, simply not good enough. It will be interesting to see our attendances at Bayview this season as people including me will just stop going if our board continue to lack ambition.

Mid table is optimistic. We're fucking shite and that is fact.
Baikie would field a better team than this shower!

Six competitive games, one win. A continuation of that sort of form and we're doomed. A win on Saturday is essential but I really have no confidence that will happen, we look like an average 3rd division team at the moment.

can't beat experience
DPH

Mid table is optimistic. We're fucking shite and that is fact.
Baikie would field a better team than this shower!

Baikie? Too far!!

We are definitely relegation candidates.

The board are probably thinking that they dont want promotion this year so that they get 4 games against Rangers next season.

Well, the problem with this attitude is that we are going to miss them completely as we are headed for third division.

Other teams are signing players are we are getting nothing. What about the money from the Rangers game?

We missed out on Twaddle who was training with us as he decided to go to Ayr.

Its a disgrace!

James B
We are definitely relegation candidates.

The board are probably thinking that they dont want promotion this year so that they get 4 games against Rangers next season.

Well, the problem with this attitude is that we are going to miss them completely as we are headed for third division.

Other teams are signing players are we are getting nothing. What about the money from the Rangers game?

We missed out on Twaddle who was training with us as he decided to go to Ayr.

Its a disgrace!

Och, stop moaning. We lose a league game at the start of the season and your talking on relegation?? If your that sure, go to lad brokes and put a bet on. At least you'll get some money at the end of the season:)

So, let me get this right...

We got King in for a trial for Durie to then tell him he didn't want a CM.

We sign Wedderburn, give him all his gear and then tell him we don't want him.

Collin Samuel, probably one of the clubs higher earners gets signed short term and can't even play for us.

We are fast becoming the laughing stock of this division, on and off the field.