Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest

2-0 down, brutal

Re: Latest

Jesus christ.

Fuck!

When did we sign Steven Doris ? Nothing on the official website (ever).

Today's team, seems we've a fair few players who were off-loaded by Raith and/or Cowden.

Can't find any mention of this anywhere. He's not in the Arbroath squad but he was 50/50 anyway due to injury.

Maybe someone just scribbled down initials and it's actually Scott Durie?

got the line ups from sfl web site

Yep, Sky have Doris listed too but can't find any mention of a transfer anywhere on line.

Its scott durie.

2-1 Wardlaw, 10 to go

Bad day then. Got beat 2-1 and Doris has moved to Arbroath.

Garbage. Defence is hopeless. Neither CB can defend properly in there own box. Wedderburn was terrible hardly won a header and caught wrong side far to often and missed a header for the 1st goal. Would say that McCormack was the only decent defender today. No creative influence today at all. Durie is never going to be right sided midfielder, get him back into RB for Cook. Wardlaw worked hard got his goal, but very little came of for him or McManus. Again a lack of support. McManus missed a good chance and was involved in the build for goal, but his control and touch let him down. Need to get players in soon, need two midfielders and possibly two fullbacks, with McCormack going into centre half. With today's team and performance it could be a struggle.

You boys must be favourites for relegation or at most a relegation play off place.Keep up the good work you are the weeest team in Fife.

Much as i hate to agree with a dirty tramp from Cowdengelly but he has a point.

Brechin fan on P&B,

"Thought EF were shite , especially at the back. Not half the team they were last year."

So are we going to buy a few players then or what ?

It's funny, I thought that Wedderburn looked like a car crash waiting to happen last week, yet people were singing his praises!! Not the answer if you ask me.

Wedderburn has been good in the last few games but today he was dreadful,cant think of any players that earned pass marks today tho.

We must be absolutely stinking if a Brechin fan is calling us shite.

Embarrassing.

Twice the East Fife defence got badly cut open for Brechin to score. Although you have to give some credit to Andy Jackson. Undoubtedly he is one of the best strikers in the league.
East Fife had the bulk of the possession in the second half although this must be partly put down to Brechin sitting back defending their two goal cushion. Positively the heads never went down and the team kept trying.
It was good to see Wardlaw score, however this didnt herald an onslaught to try and get an equaliser unfortunately, and Brechin came close themselves to extending their lead.
Think all Fife fans would agree we need to bring in one or two extra bodies before the window closes.

Fat Doug
It's funny, I thought that Wedderburn looked like a car crash waiting to happen last week, yet people were singing his praises!! Not the answer if you ask me.

Totally agree don't get the "strolled" through games comments at all. He managed to make Dalziel look good today. He couldn't compete in the air and he was easily turned by him on a few occasions and was very lucky the ref didn't give a pen against him. I would try White and McCormack at centre half. For me Campbell can't defend cross balls, punts down the middle fair enough but he seems to go missing at set pieces. I was standing near a few Brechin fans and they where laughing at our "Clown" centre halfs.

Would be hard to give pass marks but I thought McCormack done ok, Muir had one of his better games and Wardlaw worked his socks off.

St Pauli Fifer
When did we sign Steven Doris ? Nothing on the official website (ever).

Today's team, seems we've a fair few players who were off-loaded by Raith and/or Cowden.

if wehad signed Doris yes it would probabley have been on the official site but fact is we hadnt so thats probabley why it wasnt you TOSSER. always got somethin to say but cant even be ersed going to the game siitin on ur erse at 15;38. WANKER.

Well their has bean no other newz on the syte. Glad a sat on my arse.

your needing a new team spend some of the money you got from newco or has the wee lassy that owns you spent it on dolls and sweeties and other girly things.Your still the wee team in Fife and long may it continue.Spl your a wastte of space critise your team if you actually go to a game if not shut your mouth.

Wasn't at game today, so I can't comment on performance.
Thought we came on to a better game in 2nd half against QOS last week so I felt quite encouraged. Looks like we were back to our usual inconsistent selves this week.
My biggest fear is that we will be relegated at the end of the season and miss Rangers in the 2nd division next year. Much as I hate both sides of the OF, the board should be taking action to avoid this at all costs!

At the end of this season newco will be going right back into the esspeeeeeel

Defence shite! Aye they are not working well together, that said look at the way teams can play through us. You watch next week how little talking there is between the midfield. It is very similar to some of last seasons games. The only time it changed was when we had hissy he would come on as a sub and get them all fired up,talk constantly and give boys pelters when they fucked up. That's the way it should be ! They are clearly trying but need a leader.

Wiz there, wiz shite, nae signs of improvement. Long hard season with relegation looming if it's not sorted out soon. Very worrying and to be truthful 4 or 5 players out there yesterday are just not good enough (Broony exempt from this though).

I agree that the defence was poor yesterday but i do feel our real problem last season and this is the lack of pace in the middle of the park.Teams druve thru us and our midfield can never get back at them which results in the defenders being totally exposed,the midfield also cant get up to support the front 2 if they can actually ever get hold of the ball from the complete lack of service they get.Yet again yesterday our service to the front was shocking,long ball after long ball with the 2 guys up front getting battered and running for hopeless punts.

I agree about long punts but mcmanus who i thought was our best player yesterday got in behind them more often than not. He was the only player when in good positions had a run at the brechin defence and must have won us about 4 or 5 corners. Cook had a shocker at right back, and was the player who punted long all day. Smith had a poor game by his standards but he cant be the best player every week.big win next week or long season ahead im afraid

We were poor, Brechin not much better but better than us. Relegation talk very premature. Hard to get excited about Sat`s game against Albion at the morgue. Happy fucking days!!