Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Reconstruction

If the talk about 16-16-10 is true. It's obvious we must stay in the second, well, not relegated. Promotion would be good.

If we are in the 2nd, as the tables stand, it would be our division plus

Cowden
Falkirk
Morton
Livi
Accies
Dumbarton.

Rovers would be in top flight. Ggggrrrrrrrrr.

Re: Reconstruction

Any reconstruction will depend on the Sevco situation and nothing else. Ticketus certainly haven't gone away and hopefully once they've had their pickings, via Zeus Capital or whoever, another wee administration or better will be back on the cards.
As far as Rovers being in the top flight is concerned, 16 teams or not, I wouldn't give you thanks for it if the governance / voting rights / distribution of revenue is anything like the current SPL model.
Also, much as I'd like to believe otherwise, neither Falkirk or Livi will be anywhere near the bottom of Div 1 this season, nor will you lot fail to finish above either Stranraer or Albion Rovers this season.

Dysart Lino
Any reconstruction will depend on the Sevco situation and nothing else. Ticketus certainly haven't gone away and hopefully once they've had their pickings, via Zeus Capital or whoever, another wee administration or better will be back on the cards.
As far as Rovers being in the top flight is concerned, 16 teams or not, I wouldn't give you thanks for it if the governance / voting rights / distribution of revenue is anything like the current SPL model.
Also, much as I'd like to believe otherwise, neither Falkirk or Livi will be anywhere near the bottom of Div 1 this season, nor will you lot fail to finish above either Stranraer or Albion Rovers this season.

Aye DL, I hear you but I'm sure with rovers set up being in a 16 team top flight would be much more attractive than a 12. At least a better chance of consolidating. Dundee are Struggling, early yet I know for them. Can Ross County survive?.

16-16 for the first 2 divisions looks better. I know that Falkirk etc will be challenging come the end of the season but hope springs eternal that The Fife being in a division below the top flight gives hope for the future. I have always hated the 10 team leagues. Look at yourselves a few years ago. Talking about upgrading for the Spl near the end of the season and just missing out, then next season fighting relegation.

2 divisions was my hope but 16-16-10 is a step in the right direction. Maybe some stadium criteria to come into play though. WAIT AND SEE.

I actually sent a proposal based on 16-16-10 to the SFA, SPL and SFL last year and received a response from all bodies but the SPL response was against it due to financial implications. I also sent a copy and spoke to Henry McLeish but he disappointed me by not having the decency to respond. John Robertson read it and gave me some very positive feedback on my ideas. My ideas had some fairly radical proposals for promotion and relegation and the season being split in two.
I hope someone at the Football Authorities are not hijacking my proposals !!!!!

And English
I actually sent a proposal based on 16-16-10 to the SFA, SPL and SFL last year and received a response from all bodies but the SPL response was against it due to financial implications. I also sent a copy and spoke to Henry McLeish but he disappointed me by not having the decency to respond. John Robertson read it and gave me some very positive feedback on my ideas. My ideas had some fairly radical proposals for promotion and relegation and the season being split in two.
I hope someone at the Football Authorities are not hijacking my proposals !!!!!

AE.
I certainly hope they are. I like it.

I'm with you guys 100% on the 16 team league issue so long as it's done properly and for the right reasons, ie not an SPL2, run by Doncaster, designed to fast track Sevco back into the top division. Also, distribution of money has to be much fairer across all 42 clubs and voting structures must be more democratic so that 2 teams in the SPL cannot sabotage proposals agreed by all the other clubs. The 10 team top league worked in it's early years but has long since become stale. Every other country of note in Europe has a top league of at least 16 and our teams' rapid regression in European competition over the last few years would suggest it's Scotland who is out of step with the rest.