Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Two new.....

Loan signings apparently. Confirmed Tomorrow.

Both defenders.

Re: Two new.....

We need some quick, creative wingers/midfielders in my opinion, instead of more defenders.

What happened to the cash from the Rangers game then? Maybe our board are happy to stay in div 2 this season and will build a covered terrace to house the huns when they visit x2 next season.

Money no arrived yet!

Quocia
Loan signings apparently. Confirmed Tomorrow.

Both defenders.

Both from Hobs, I believe !

Ones Jordan Forster who is a CB.

taken from twitter.

Hibernian can confirm young defenders Scott Smith and Jordon Forster have joined Division Two side East Fife on loan.

Scott Smith is a left back.

Young Duo Loaned to East Fife
31 Aug 2012
smithscott360x260

Hibernian can confirm young defenders Scott Smith (pictured) and Jordon Forster have joined Division Two side East Fife on loan.

Left-back Smith, 20, initially moves to the Bayview Stadium on loan for a month while centre-half Forster, who turns 19 next month, will stay with the Fifers until January.

Both players have featured for Hibernian at under-20 level this season and the move north is designed to give them first team football and aid their overall development.

Last season Smith was loaned out to Brechin City while Forster ended the season out on loan at Berwick Rangers.

academyjordonforster360x260

Forster: Gaining experience with East Fife

Make that 3

Paul Willis on loan from dunfermline apparently.

Confirmed that Willis has signed on loan until January.

2 from Hibs confirmed on EF web site

So it looks like loan signings only. Two of them are on loan until January and one of tehm for a month I believe.
I would have hoped that the club would have tried to secure deals that were a bit more permanent?
What happens in January? Do we go for more loan players or stick with the current players?

We've missed the boat with regards to proper signings and this smacks of desperation. What with the Samuel and Wedderburn thing it just confirms, if any more confirmation were needed, what a shambolic amateur run outfit we truly are.

Less than 400 there tomorrow and can you blame people for not caring?

Mad Mad..... You on drugs?.... Ffs... I know we are all worried...but come on... <=400 feck off...

Mad man you really are talking shite,what do u say to all the teams and players at top teams going on loan or the clubs taking loan players.Loans happen all over football now more and more,get off the club and managers backs and support the players who turn out ffs.

?
Mad man you really are talking shite,what do u say to all the teams and players at top teams going on loan or the clubs taking loan players.Loans happen all over football now more and more,get off the club and managers backs and support the players who turn out ffs.

Dunfermilne and Hibs top teams? Fuck sake, time was we used to kick the arses of teams like that,now we're reduced to taking their fucking reject kids. I'll always support the guys on the park but man, it get harder with each passing season when we display no ambition at all.

Mad Man's intelligent use of swear words gives his opinion some credence and despite his obvious anger he is able to bottle it up and play at guess the crowd.
If the post is not read carefully it would be easy to become concerned about his interest in f***ing reject kids so don't read it carefully.

"Mad Man"....indeed. As apt a name there never was....

Mad man has a point tho! Loan signings are ok short-term but i would rather we had our own players at the end of the day! The Wedderburn and Samuel situation are comical! 529 at today`s game.

What do u say 2 real madrid loan signing essien? Small clubs!!! Dont think so.As i said mad man stop talking shite.Did we not sign linn initially on loan,was he a failure over the time he was here?Like i said all clubs use loan system nowadays so get over it

Loan signings didn't work last season.

What was the crowd today ?

St Pauli Fifer

Was Olgleby & Park one of these that didnt work last season when they was on-loan at us. We need strikers urgent....Goals...Goals...Goals = 3 points.

Today was a Fail. Summer Signings...Fail. Fresh Approach please.

fourth linesman
St Pauli Fifer

Was Olgleby & Park one of these that didnt work last season when they was on-loan at us.

Aye, exactly. Ogleby had a couple of decent games/halves - that was it. Park went off the boil after a good start.

McGowan and Watson were good examples of loan signings that worked.

But did we no win games last season when we had olgleby? i thought we could of brought in a striker thats fit than bring in defenders though thats my point and the manager ranting in the mail saying we have injuries and players missing etc...theres hardly anthing upfront. You use the loan market to strengthen areas not overload areas like defenders that we dont need. Its the management it needs to re-think this team am watching is clueless and no direction etc than last season. Point proved today we need goals to win games.

Yeah bryne was another example too and he is a striker that should be here to put the strikers upto four but we only have 3 and no that fit

I'd say kurtis byrne worked as well did he not

Kurtis Byrne was a far better player than Ogleby. Would take Byrne back. Not a great workrate but a great finisher (and that's what you want a No.9 to do).

Didn't see anything from Ogleby really.

so what if byrne was better than olgleby that we had on-loan. We just needed a striker or whoever on-loan we can add to this team not two defender's on-loan. we needed a player thats fit and scores thats the main thing to add and fits the bill as the upfront options is weak. I need god me thinks hahahaa

Wee Kingy would have put a bit of bang into the midfield but it's not to be and looking already that gonny struggle,feck the shite that him and Smith were too lightweight .

Bob123
Wee Kingy would have put a bit of bang into the midfield but it's not to be and looking already that gonny struggle,feck the shite that him and Smith were too lightweight .

Alex King is the solution to all the worlds problems for you.

Are these two defenders actually better than what we already have.The left back appears to be slow and the other one looks a good signing for the u 19s.We have them on loan so does this mean we have to include them in the first team every week ?

Are you wee kingy by any chance? All you do is talk about him he is away get over it

Agree the striker's are not on fire but how are they going to score when the midfield dont get up the park to help them. Every time a ball goes up the park our midfield are mile's away . Sloan cant run and dont get me wrong he is a good player on the ball but if you cant run you should not be playing at this level. Smith is another but he gets away with it because he is great at keeping the ball and never give's it away. Our 2 wingers yesterday hardly got past a player with the odd exception from mcbride. we played well yesterday for about 20 min at the start of the match and then gave away a stupid goal that was always going to happen. Our defence sat back and let albion come at us without puting in a tackle. For me we need a tweed player someone who know's the game. We also miss a creative midfielder with a bit of skill and can find the striker's with through balls instead of punts up the park.

East Man
We also miss a creative midfielder with a bit of skill and can find the striker's with through balls instead of punts up the park.

We had one but punted him to Montrose in another Robbo masterstroke.

Well said

East Man
For me we need a tweed player someone who know's the game.

Jamie McGowan watched the game yesterday (poor sod).

I'll be back Arnie.

No am no Kingy but we used to go to different schools together.

St Pauli Fifer
East Man
We also miss a creative midfielder with a bit of skill and can find the striker's with through balls instead of punts up the park.

Lloyd young i presume, as was said at time young left for off the field reasons between him and another player enough said

?
St Pauli Fifer
East Man

Lloyd young i presume, as was said at time young left for off the field reasons between him and another player enough said

As I said, what a masterstroke that was.

St Pauli Fifer
?
St Pauli Fifer
East Man

As I said, what a masterstroke that was.

I will take it from your reply that you dont know who the other player was?
It was either young or? who had to leave

Yes, I know who the other player was. The way the whole thing was dealt with was a shambles.

Well, if it was considered to be the right decision at the time, did it turn out to be the right decision with hindsight ? Along with various other Robbo decisions, not to mention the Club's decision to appoint Robbo himself as manager.

Oh hindsight is a great thing spf,the decision at the time was deemed the right one so let it lie.ffs we'd all be geniuses with the power of hindsight and maybe millionaires!
I dont understand how you get that it was a shambles how the situation was dealt with,they couldnt/wouldnt play together so 1 had to go how else do you deal with that.

Wedderburn played a trial game for Clyde yesterday according to P&B. Don't think he was any worse than the boy we have in on loan tbh.

midfield is the problem ....wont matter who we have up front,the service the strikers get is a disgrace.
wide midfielders dont get up the park to supply crosses and the central 2 (regardless of who plays there) cant seem to understand that 1 has to hold while 1 supports the attack.
And what the hell is happening with Bob Malcolm?? by the time he gets a bloody game then he'll be due a testimonial.

The passing has got worse also the movement(throw-ins etc), the football we're playing is nowhere near as good as when Stevie Crawford was in charge....... and he got the bullet

Craw walked he was not sacked. Probably because of the players more interested in having a kickabout to pick up beer tokens. No change there.

Ffs spf give up on lloyd young its like going back 15 years just like you and the james allan you fall in love with one player and thats it for you, give it up ffs and start going to all the games.

Why would he want to go to all the games? All that money wasted on watching poor quality players who don't really give a feck.

It has been said a number of times that we have too small a squad which means a lack of competition for places allowing some players to be in a comfort zone knowing their place is safe no matter how they play. A leader who will motivate, lead by example and organise the team on the park is desperately required and this is recognised by the majority of fans.

The solution at Bayview is to bring in 3 young players on loan. This is no criticism of these three players as they try to make their way in the game and need to get First team experience. However, this option does not solve the problems we have as none of them have the experience to be the leader we require. Secondly, it doesn't actually provide the competition for places, it actually makes the 'comfort zone' situation worse. When teams loan players out, although it may not be written into the contract, they expect their players to be playin every week to get the experience they need. This then means that another three places in the team are guaranteed no matter how they perform. The fact that one has only signed for a month also does nothing for the long term planning and getting a settled side.

Durie may still be wet behind the ears in terms of management, but Chisholm is and experienced manager who should not need these things pointed out. C'mon Fife let's get this team sorted by making some experienced signings who are going to make the team better and able to compete in this League.

Our midfield used to be soild last year with div muir, smith and sloan. We lost Bobby and gained McBride and Wills also Johnstone we have too with many youth players in the wing. Somethings clearly not working here for the team and manager. Yes thats right we have 3 strikers at the club plus samuel which we all dont have a clue whats happening about. Thats the area we need to strengthen upfront
I thought last year when Hislop was the leader he made the team stable on and off the park but now theres none of that. The attitude from some of the East Fife squad is shocking and one of the player's on saturday i spoke to said it all, but im no mention who it was cause my opinion its the management in the dugout that needs to leave. Also i spoke to a ex player and he said the same

Ballingry Rovers 3-0 East Fife

(if it ever happened)

At least Ballingry now have a few players who give a feck.

Alex
Ballingry Rovers 3-0 East Fife

(if it ever happened)

At least Ballingry now have a few players who give a feck.

name them and see if they're still there a year from now