Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

East Fife 1 Albion 1

Albion'S GOAL was an OG

Re: Latest Score

We wont be playing Rangers next season.

How long does it take to get to Annan?

That was an absolute shambles! I am raging! Michael Brown saved us from a doing! Make no mistake, we are heading straight to div 3, simple. Away to pub to get shit-faced!

Absolute Disgrace! 1-2 should've been 1-5

Absolute disgrace today, board has to take some of the blame also!

Thank Christ we have Brown in goals otherwise that would have been a rout for the Albion.We just dont seem to have anything out field,cant pass,cant defend and cant score.... relegation here we come.

What more do you want? a home tie against the bottom team in the league who haven't scored a league goal. We score in 2nd minute and then ....WTF Where was the energy and will to push on? We were out played, out fought and out thought.So far this season we have lost 5 points from winning positions and won 0 from losing positions it is a worrying stat.I can only hope that better days are ahead. C'mon East Fife

Our midfield apart from mcbride has no pace and no drive going forward. That was shocking to watch we took our feet of the gas as soon as we scored , Then we lose shagger who was doing well. Watching that the day was like watching the broon days again. Too many players look like they dont give a shit what happens to this club.Thought the lad smith did well and with games the other 2 boys will get better but we must do better. we need drive in the middle someone like bobby linn who i think has been a big loss. the crowd was poor the day and i dont blame them for not going.

I am glad I gave the game a miss today,who is wanting to play rangers anyway, all we get is we wont be playing rangers next season I am not really bothered about going back there,and I defo wont be running four buses to the games if we do happen to play them or celtic in the near future.

Zak u r one lucky fooker missing that Pish today!

Also as if it had been planned to give us a really bad day the girls in the pie shop had no hot water don't know if it wAs their fault but adds to the list of unprofessional aspects of the club at the moment, hot wAter FFs lucky it wasn't december their would be casualties all over the stand with out a bovril to keep us going

Been saying for weeks that our problems start from the middle of the park,they cant get about the park quick enough to support the front or to give some protection to the defenders.Gonna be a long winter im afraid!!!!

I don't blame the new players they must have wondered what they've got themselves into.
Because of the absentees we probably didn't have much choice than to play smith and Sloan in centre midfield.It was a big risk and we were outrun, outworked and out fought there.
I think the management team need to make some big decisions about the futures of some players.
we've watched the same weaknesses since the Stevie Crawford days - we're fine if the other team let us play but we are poor at closing other teams down.

bring back johnny mitchell!

youve got to remember that our pitch is one of the biggest in scotland, to close down the opposition for 90 mins is a big ask!, i dont understand why noone has ever thought of a smaller pitch

Aye a five-a-side one at Dalgety Bay and you'll still get humped. Why not go for Steve Hislop as your manager,bet he could motivate your players better than Durie and his side kick.

MiniFifer
bring back johnny mitchell!

Think he was sitting next to me yesterday.

Was actually thinking about going to yesterday's match which would have been my first E.F. game for a few years. Planned to combine it with a nostalgic trip to the Kirkland Bar afterwards but had a shit day at work on Friday which will probably see me up on a disciplinary next week and it spoiled the mood I was in. Good job I did not go or would probably have been slitting wrists after reading the match reports.