Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SACK THE BOARD

If the board has no ambition,surely it's time for them to go,am surprised that the fans are no giving them abuse like Deek Broon.

Re: SACK THE BOARD

Bring back willy grey

The board need to come out with a statement to us fans about their vision for the club.

Mr E Fyfee
If the board has no ambition,surely it's time for them to go,am surprised that the fans are no giving them abuse like Deek Broon.

Any more of today's crap and that will come. In the meantime changes have to be made, starting at the top. Collumbine out!

Quocia
The board need to come out with a statement to us fans about their vision for the club.

This.

Today was an embarrassment. The Club must make a statement NOW. We are waiting.

are we need to sack the board? is it not the management? we havent won a game since we beat peterhead away and that wasnt even in the leauge. I think its the man who picks the team we need to get out.

Fresh start, Fresh approach! and get those players who are missing to come back...we are 9th and third division beckons. Shocking

Bump

fourth linesman
are we need to sack the board? is it not the management? we havent won a game since we beat peterhead away and that wasnt even in the leauge. I think its the man who picks the team we need to get out.

Fresh start, Fresh approach! and get those players who are missing to come back..

.we are 9th and third division beckons. Shocking

Yes we should sack the board our chairman is never at home games and only goes when he wants. He is not a fife man and is only here to line his pocket's. Every year he has slashed the budget and that wont get you good player's. All he does is walk around bayview when he is there thinking he is this big time charlie but he is not. its time to get him out and bring back willy grey because he has done nothing since willy left.

East Fife Mail Man
bring back willy grey because he has done nothing since willy left.

Yes he has did everything for east fife. He was part of willie gray team that took over our club when that man before gray was a a**e at running the club and then we signed diddys back then than Crawford etc to the club Collumbine made us get manager's like Robbo that beat aberdeen so i dont know where you get your storys from the leven mail as usual. Clearly not seen the reality that its the manager and the players on the park is not working and we are seen this dross.

willy grey brought us hope and the 3rd division and backed his manager all the way. Sid is here to make money and im not going to stand back and let my club die. Every time we have meetings with the chairman all he does is talk dross about how he will run the club debt free but he is never there to do so. GET SID OUT

Story man
East Fife Mail Man

Yes he has did everything for east fife. He was part of willie gray team that took over our club when that man before gray was a a**e at running the club and then we signed diddys back then than Crawford etc to the club Collumbine made us get manager's like Robbo that beat aberdeen so i dont know where you get your storys from the leven mail as usual. Clearly not seen the reality that its the manager and the players on the park is not working and we are seen this dross.

YES AND STABBED ROBBO IN THE BACK IN THE PROCESS THATS WHY ROBBO LEFT

East Man
willy grey bought us hope and the 3rd

Fixed it.

And he wasn't in it for the love of East Fife either. It was all about getting one over his beloved Rovers who jilted him.

He was always at the games though and showed a bit of respect to the club.W need someone new because we look like a junior side the now on the park and off

I would really like the board to communicate with the fans and tell us what there vision is for the club. Yesterday was an absolute disgrace and if the board don`t see that then i really fear for the future of our club. There is no chance i`m spending my hard earned cash to watch that shite anyway, and i won`t be the only one. Cmon board, get the finger out.

Why do we expect the board to have a vision or a plan for the club? Why do we think they are hiding something from us, and need to come clean with us? Why do we want talks with the board? They have nothing to tell us. We've been here before.
The board of directors has been in place for something like five years. If they had a vision, they would have let us know by now. They are not going to change anything.
This is it. This is EFFC under the present regime. There will be no bolt of lightning. There will be no great leap forwards. Not even a small step forwards. All there will ever be is next week.

East Man
Story man
East Fife Mail Man

YES AND STABBED ROBBO IN THE BACK IN THE PROCESS THATS WHY ROBBO LEFT

Stabbed robbo in the back he was coming from inverness every week

Bump

Still waiting Sid

You will wait long enough as they have no plan in place. As someone else said, the club is virtually run on a week to week basis. Only recent decisions have been to charge 20p for a team sheet.

Did you hear the update on Samuel?

Quocia
Bump

Still waiting Sid

Have you tried writing directly to Sid Collumbine mate? No good looking for any replies through an independent fans forum that is unconnected to East Fife. Who are Quocia, Mad Man, Board Stiff etc, etc anyway? They may be on the other side of the world for all we know? I just can't imagine Sid answering anything to 'Quocia', 'Mad Man' or Board Stiff. Try writing directly to Sid using your own full name and then you might get somewhere.

Remember folks - the fans have a Trust Rep on the board at EFFC. Eugene won't jump in to a thread on AFTN and volunteer to sort out a situation when the majority of posters are anonymous but would certainly raise questions from members/fans if they were to contact him and ask him to do so. As he is a Trust representative, he will not make your contact with him public so I'm sure you should feel safe in passing on your details to interact with him. His contact details are at the top of the forum.

East Man
We look like a junior side the now on the park and off

Managed to watch east fife play east fife at the ground tonight the 2 teams were made up of 1st team players and a good few trialist's, not wanting to sound down beat but most of the trialists and a few of the first team players would be lucky to even get into a top junior side at the mo never mind a sfl club,
The watching gordon durie really needs to get some decent quality into the team or it's the 3rd div for EF.

I would just like to point out re your ref to Sid our Chairman not attending games.
I can confirm Sid attends 95% of games Home and Away.

Speaking of Gordon Durie it looks like he is back at work then. Not that you would know as there have been no updates other than when he first fell ill (as far as I'm aware) from the club on his health, when he was likely to be back managing the team etc. Some people have argued that the club doesn't need to provide information on everything it does and to an extent I agree but I would have thought something as fundamental as this would have appeared on the official website regarding Gordon's health situation.

If I have missed this somewhere then maybe someone could let me know where I mind find a recent update?

Mad Mad
Speaking of Gordon Durie it looks like he is back at work then. Not that you would know as there have been no updates other than when he first fell ill (as far as I'm aware) from the club on his health, when he was likely to be back managing the team etc. Some people have argued that the club doesn't need to provide information on everything it does and to an extent I agree but I would have thought something as fundamental as this would have appeared on the official website regarding Gordon's health situation.

If I have missed this somewhere then maybe someone could let me know where I mind find a recent update?

You are a right tosser MM. What right have you got to know about Gordon Duries' health? Don't you know that a persons health is confidential and the East Fife board or anybody else, including his doctor, have no right to broadcast such information. Purely down to Gordon and his family!

Now piss off back into the gutter where you belong!

Jocky
You are a right tosser MM. What right have you got to know about Gordon Duries' health? Don't you know that a persons health is confidential and the East Fife board or anybody else, including his doctor, have no right to broadcast such information. Purely down to Gordon and his family!

yes, so confidential that two directors posted updates on his condition right here on this website when gordon fell ill, and the story was also in all the newspapers.
how nice of you to call a concerned supporter a "right tosser". all in the name of defending "the club" of course

Jocky
Mad Mad

That`s a bit far Jocky. It`s not as if he was asking to see Gordon Durie`s medical reports.

To call someone a tosser for that is pretty low.

Just because a concerned fan makes his first ever post on AFTN a complaint/moan it doesn't automatically mean he's a tosser.

I think you should keep your board as they are doing a wonderful job,there is a place in Fife's Junior football leagues for you and the quicker you get there the better.

fan
Jocky

yes, so confidential that two directors posted updates on his condition right here on this website when gordon fell ill, and the story was also in all the newspapers.
how nice of you to call a concerned supporter a "right tosser". all in the name of defending "the club" of course

Concerned my arse! He is simply using Gordon's situation as a means of having a go at the board, just like you! Now, that is pretty low, don't you agree!! If you don't agree, why did he post it on a thread which is named "Sack the Board"?

Jocky can you no read,this is the thread called sack the board.Yet another example of the education received by anyone from Methil/Leven/Buckhaven/Wemyss/Largo etc.
Keep it up Jocky your ma hero.

If we are naming and shaming right tossers on this post.May I name Cowdengelly for the number one spot.

How dare you sully my name ya methil muppet.

theotherbob
If we are naming and shaming right tossers on this post.May I name Cowdengelly for the number one spot.

Jocky is the biggest tosser this board has ever seen.