Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A thought.

Alot of various different posts across AFTN, Social media etc all calling for board to be sacked etc, What are we going to do with the Sevco money, Unhappy with the performances on the pitch etc..

Why don't the fans request a meeting with Durie (when he's recovered) and the board?

It would give us the answers we are looking for on here.

On another note, I know that yesterday was horrendous but honestly the attitude of fans at Bayview is disgusting. We are there to SUPPORT our team, not continually berate and shout at them. Yes players have to be thick skinned, yes we should get to have a moan if things aren't going well but lets get behind the team and encourage them! Some of the shouts yesterday were ridiculous.

Re: A thought.

I thought the Jimmy Somerville shout was quality.

Remember the meeting where Sid categorically denied any Rankine involvement or interest, directly or indirectly, in East Fife ?

Seem to remember a lot of shite about a new stadium at that meeting too.

I bet another meeting would be just as productive and honest.

sid couldn't get enough of the media when we drew rangers in the cup ...."durie will be knocking on my door for a few new players"
Is this what Durie asked for... 2 players for 6months and a player for a month???

Fans have a right to be concerned and given recent performances how long before we have another "mound" situation?
Get your finger out Columbine and get it sorted before we average less than 400 per home game!

how long before we have another "mound" situation?

There will never be another mound protest

If yous are blaming the chairman ask him to write us all a open letter like liverpool today

Has Sid approached you to be his ghost writer ?

Not The Other Chairman
Has Sid approached you to be his ghost writer ?

i wish he did approach me the door is open and tell us the future of the club and not be looking like a side going down to be replaced by sveco or that. To be sitting in a one stand ground watching montrose next season than having a pay day where if we do they wont be 500 people. I want to be able to follow my team and see them play better than that on saturday only the manager has a say eh only he picks the team. We dont have a romanov at east fife if we did we would be alot better and have a manager that knows and decent strikers and not 11 defenders if you can see at the moment.

St Pauli Fifer
Remember the meeting where Sid categorically denied any Rankine involvement or interest, directly or indirectly, in East Fife ?

Seem to remember a lot of shite about a new stadium at that meeting too.

I bet another meeting would be just as productive and honest.

Hmm. Technically Sid is probably right about Rankine. After all no shares are in his name. Whose money has kept the club afloat in recent years (and it certainly wasn't that old rogue Willie Gray!) is another matter. Rankine's, I suspect. But why, one has to wonder.

The problem is the lack of transparency about the matter and the dark suspicion that Sid's real interest is the SFA blazer, not the EFFC one. If we're lucky he'll jump ship soon but what then? Stevenson running the club - the idea is just not on! Need to nail that one.

If that were to happen then I`m sure I wouldn`t be the only one in saying I wouldn`t be back.

can't beat experience
Fans have a right to be concerned and given recent performances how long before we have another "mound" situation?
Get your finger out Columbine and get it sorted before we average less than 400 per home game!

The worry is no information coming out of Bayview to the fans. The worry is we only had a 514 att at the 2nd home game of the season.The worry is the performances on the park so far this season. The worry is there is no atmosphere at New Bayview. The worry is 3rd div football next season and 400 fans will be a good crowd. Im Worried!!!

gladstone fifer
can't beat experience

The worry is no information coming out of Bayview to the fans. The worry is we only had a 514 att at the 2nd home game of the season.The worry is the performances on the park so far this season. The worry is there is no atmosphere at New Bayview. The worry is 3rd div football next season and 400 fans will be a good crowd. Im Worried!!!

Might be a much, much better atmosphere at Bayview though, when all the moaning b'strds are gone. I would guess that the 400 remaining fans would still actually be supporting the team, through thick and thin?