Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Score...

2-0

Hello 3rd division

Re: Score...

Think we are falling apart Whats going on?

That's defeatist talk my friends. You'll have the status quo apologists all over you like a rash with that sort of attitude.

Take it from me everything will be fine by Christmas, the club is going in the right direction.

Maybe a hammering and being anchored to the bottom of the table will make the board get their finger out and let us know their plans for the Club.

Or maybe not.

Can only hope we have wind advantage for the 2nd half

We are clearly Void of talent.

Our left and right backs are constantly out of position and have zero pace.

David White? Enough said.

Our Midfield is non existent at times! Only Darren Smith has done anything of note this season. There is no attacking ability and no flare. Saddens me that i find myself wishing we had Bobby Linn in the team!

Decent options upfront but with no one providing the service, there left to run about like headless chickens.

It might seem a tad soon in the season to talk about relegation but i honestly can't see where we will pick up 3 points.

Texts from 3 different fans at the game are all saying the same. We are rank rotten with no leadership,no desire and Arbroath should be further ahead.
Worrying times ahead.

Left the game early to go to Tutties to join the rest of the East Fife support. Awful stuff, division 3 bound.

Pure shite today. Change is required now.

Cumshot Fifer
Pure shite today. Change is required now.

I agree.

We need to mop up this mess.

I concur

We need to fill the gaps in defence.

2 up front please.

We need to roll our ball over the other team's line

More men in midfield.

Fucking murder like.

We need more players

No doubt Jocky will soon be on to condemn us all as traitors (or much worse in my case) or some such drivel. Jocky me old mucker, you'll soon be getting your wish of 400 real fans at Bayview as the team and club are clearly a leaderless and shambolic mess.

We don't even semen cumming

More oomph is required.

It's goatsie get better than this.

Total fuckin shite..... Wasted my money again.... Don't think I will be back...suspect there will be a few others will feel the same after today .... Sad but true. The board just don't seem to give a shit just like the players.

That`s it for me with away games!! What a shower of clueless, gutless, visionless people we have at the club...on and off the park!!

Worrying times ahead.

One. There was very high winds. We did the right thing and chose to play with the wind after winning the toss.

Two. Arbroath we're rarely in our half but took the two chances the they made. Us? We struggled playing with the wind with many crosses, through balls over cooked.

Three. We dominated the second half and could have scored five. Two shots inside the six yard area over the bar, another six yard effort from a tight angle point blank saved by the keeper. A glancing header just wide from McBride who played well when he came on as sub, plus a few others. If we had got one back??? Michael had only one save to make the whole game.

Four?.. When we gel, someone's gonna get a tankin!!

Never heard away fans so dejected and talking about not going to away games again. That's not a good sign.

Lets hope the team can do the business in style next week. I seen a lot in the second half to merit hope for the rest of the season.

For anyone who cares about East fife that was sadly only a confirmation that we are headed for the 3rd division.
To have a gale behind us inthe first half and 1 shot on target was indefensible.
a slight improvement in the 2nd half only came about because Arbroath settled for what they had.
In my opinion we need 2 or 3 experienced players in.Asking young players to help a struggling team is unfair on them.

Mad Man
No doubt Jocky will soon be on to condemn us all as traitors (or much worse in my case) or some such drivel. Jocky me old mucker, you'll soon be getting your wish of 400 real fans at Bayview as the team and club are clearly a leaderless and shambolic mess.

Yes but Jocky is a prize cock. Since when did anyone really value his opinions?
The way things are going he`ll be the only one attending Bayview to watch that shower of spineless shite.

Bob Moyes
For anyone who cares about East fife that was sadly only a confirmation that we are headed for the 3rd division.
To have a gale behind us inthe first half and 1 shot on target was indefensible.
a slight improvement in the 2nd half only came about because Arbroath settled for what they had.
In my opinion we need 2 or 3 experienced players in.Asking young players to help a struggling team is unfair on them.

I disagree that Arbroath settled for what they had in the second half. They were still trying but they also couldn't deal with the wind behind their backs. They had a few shots at our goal in the second half, but none on target.

We actually were doing okay (better than them) until they got their 1st goal out of the blue. Their second was just pure luck for them. They were no better than us, truth be told.

I think the starting line up was wrong. When McBride and Sloan came on there was a marked improvement. This was my first game since the pre-season games (work abroad) and the team bore no resemblence to the pre-season games sides. What has happened that we have had nearly 50% changes to the team? Therin lies our problem from what I can see, too many changes in personnel.

Sorry Fifey but you are so wrong.We had one shot at goal and to my way of thinking you cant score five or six goals with one shot.Arbroath were just as shit as us but took the two chances they made.

Wrong about what?

FifeyRab
Wrong about what?

Arbroath fans are saying it's the worst East Fife team they've ever seen + we're nearly bottom of the league. We've not won all season. You do the maths.

Larry Labia Licker
FifeyRab
Wrong about what?

Arbroath fans are saying it's the worst East Fife team they've ever seen + we're nearly bottom of the league. We've not won all season. You do the maths.

Still waiting on what I said was wrong??

What i cant understand is how new signings walk straight into the first team and they do not look better that what we have.The signings to date have not been that good.

Theotherbob
Sorry Fifey but you are so wrong.We had one shot at goal and to my way of thinking you cant score five or six goals with one shot.Arbroath were just as shit as us but took the two chances they made.

Read my post again. I was behind the goals all second half (hiding from the wind, apart from when I went to the stand to collect my 1/2 time draw winnings) we DID have those chances and if we had got one back???

We had one shot on target all game Bob.

They had one as well and scored from it. Their second goal was not a shot on target, it was a lucky bounce!

Fifeyboab
One. There was very high winds. We did the right thing and chose to play with the wind after winning the toss.

Two. Arbroath we're rarely in our half but took the two chances the they made. Us? We struggled playing with the wind with many crosses, through balls over cooked.

Three. We dominated the second half and could have scored five. Two shots inside the six yard area over the bar, another six yard effort from a tight angle point blank saved by the keeper. A glancing header just wide from McBride who played well when he came on as sub, plus a few others. If we had got one back??? Michael had only one save to make the whole game.

Never heard away fans so dejected and talking about not going to away games again. That's not a good sign.

Lets hope the team can do the business in style next week. I seen a lot in the second half to merit hope for the rest of the season.

Sorry Bob but this is deluded nonsense. We've been brutal for most periods of every league game this season so far and I've seen nothing to suggest this will change. If we did have a good 10-15 minutes yesterday (I must've missed that) then these 'good' periods are nowhere near enough to win 90 minute matches every week. Against Albion we were good for 10mins at the start and then we were totally outplayed for the rest of the game.

Yesterday the wind was strong and Arbroath weren't particularly impressive but they were never in any danger of not winning that game.

I don't think we can put our stinking form down to one single factor, we have a handful of good Second Division players (Brown, Campbell, Smith, Sloan, McManus) and a lot of players that would struggle to make an impact in the juniors. Complete tactical naivety, total lack of leadership and not a huge amount of guts or passion on display are surely also having an effect on our results/performances.

Our attendances are dropping rapidly. A season or two ago we would've taken a couple of hundred up to Arbroath. If the club wants to retain the small band of fans it has left then relegation isn't an option. If we need a 'quick fix' change in management to keep us in this league then so be it. We NEED to stay up.

Theotherbob
We had one shot on target all game Bob.

Agree we had the one shot on target Allan, my post is about the chances we created and missed.

Fred
Fifeyboab

Sorry Bob but this is deluded nonsense. We've been brutal for most periods of every league game this season so far and I've seen nothing to suggest this will change. If we did have a good 10-15 minutes yesterday (I must've missed that) then these 'good' periods are nowhere near enough to win 90 minute matches every week. Against Albion we were good for 10mins at the start and then we were totally outplayed for the rest of the game.

Yesterday the wind was strong and Arbroath weren't particularly impressive but they were never in any danger of not winning that game.

I don't think we can put our stinking form down to one single factor, we have a handful of good Second Division players (Brown, Campbell, Smith, Sloan, McManus) and a lot of players that would struggle to make an impact in the juniors. Complete tactical naivety, total lack of leadership and not a huge amount of guts or passion on display are surely also having an effect on our results/performances.

Our attendances are dropping rapidly. A season or two ago we would've taken a couple of hundred up to Arbroath. If the club wants to retain the small band of fans it has left then relegation isn't an option. If we need a 'quick fix' change in management to keep us in this league then so be it. We NEED to stay up.

Totally agree 100%

Fifeyboab must seriously be deluded. Perhaps its because he only goes to a few matches. There is seeing the half glass full and then there is just absolute plain stupidity

we are very poor the now and i think it will get worse. Our defence is shocking teams just run by us and the hibs boys are poor.I wouldnt give Wardlaw a game at boy's club level, how he gets a game is a joke.The only players that are good enough in this team are Brown,smith,muir,mcmanus,the rest i would dump in january. The players look low on confidence but that was shocking to watch. How are we going to win games when we have a mountain to climb every time we lose shit goals.

Agree tom we need a clear out very quick,Too many players are just not good enough and would not get a game in the 3rd. The club need to get things sorted out very soon or we will be down by christmas. i think we lack a bobby linn like player someone who links up with the strikers. We have good players at the club in smith,brown,muir,cambell,mcmanus,sloan but there is alot of poor players and this means we are not seeing the best from our better player's. Everyone knows shagger scores goals and he is the only one out our strikers that is proven at this level but he is geting nothing from the team. As you said wardlaw is finished and should hang up his boots and we should give the big lad sean a chance.Why was he not in the 16 ? i wish the club would let us know whats going on with colin sammuel? If the team dont pick up soon i will be looking to spend my money on going to the ice hockey