Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FAO: Sid Columbine

We are waiting.

Re: FAO: Sid Columbine

Personally, i feel this management set up simply isn't going to work.
Despite being on sick leave, Durie assembled this squad and to be quite frank its full of poor quality junior league at best wannabes. Another rookie manager another failure.
Worst East Fife team i`ve seen in a decade!
5 games two points just proves it.
I wont be back after todays performance. £13 to watch that garbage would be better invested watching Cupar Hearts. At least they have spirit. This shower of garbage have nothing.

Brian
Personally, i feel this management set up simply isn't going to work.
Despite being on sick leave, Durie assembled this squad and to be quite frank its full of poor quality junior league at best wannabes. Another rookie manager another failure.
Worst East Fife team i`ve seen in a decade!
5 games two points just proves it.
I wont be back after todays performance. £13 to watch that garbage would be better invested watching Cupar Hearts. At least they have spirit. This shower of garbage have nothing.

Well said!

Ditto

Dear sid,Since the club parted company with john robertson things have went tits up very quickly.Robbo brought back the good days,and pulled off some great results and performances.I knew in my heart when he was asked to leave that we would struggle.The board made the decision to sack robbo,and his replacements are clearly struggling.Its clear the team needs a couple of old heads and leaders,what do we get hibs under 19s.Hate to say it but im now looking for the panic button.

I read in the paper today chisholm saying game should have been cancelled. It was difficult conditions and we didnt adapt to them especially in the first half. Some of the passes, the players were kicking the ball as hard as they would have without any wind. To be fair Arbroath were not any better and apart from the 2 quick goals not much between the teams. 3 or 4 half chances in the 2nd half and with a bit more composure in front of goal we could have got a draw. Mind you this happens when confidence is low and trying to get first win under our belt. The other thing, that must have been the lowest support for Fife in years at Arbroath. It was also noticable the lack of applause when the team come out for the 2nd half. I hate saying this so early in the season, but this is big game on Saturday for both teams as you dont want to get isolated so soon. The atmosphere at Bayview is terrible but as fans we need to get behind the team and no booing and verbally abusing players.I know we pay the money and its the choice of the fans, but this is a gamee we need to get behind the team even if we go behind. These players will be nervous and confidence low until we get that win. On the bright side, we are the only team to have taken a point of QOS and the only team to have drew with ALLOA. Ok its not that bright,but we have got to beleive!!!

The only team to have drawn with Alloa! Oh wow! What about Stenny and Arbroath who actually beat them? So a 1-1 draw at Alloa is our only highlight? We are in a sorry state and I can't see the situation getting any better. The players aren't good enough, apart from Brown, Campbell, Smith and Sloan we lack any real ability.

We have no manager, no leadership and soon to have no supporters. I wont be going to Bayview on Saturday to spend £13 on utter dross to watch players who don't give a toss. 5 games in and already apathy has well and trully sank in.

Ma old boy said today that he will not be going on Saturday as he is not wasting £10 on a bunch that don't give a toss (board, management and players included).. I fear that this Saturday's crowd as there are going to be many others of the same opinion....! Sid are you listening. I really fear for the Fife this year it has the potential for a total disaster and nobody seems to be giving a shit! Once people loose the bug it's difficult to get back in the way of coming back; we cannot afford this pending catastrophe! Take action or step down Sid!

An unlikely win next week against the only team below us will only paper over the cracks.
I really fear for what could happen if East Fife lose next week.

Since John Robertson was sacked by East Fife, the new management have been in charge for 19 league and cup games which have resulted in only 5 victories.Now i wouldnt call that progress and you can understand the growing concern among the fans.A defeat at home to ayr utd on saturday would leave us bottom of the league.Football pundits will tell you 19 games isnot enough time in football management to put a stamp on your team.However i believe a defeat on saturday will leave the board with a decision to make.I for one thought we had made a good choice in the two gordons but for some reason it isnot working out.They have been in the game long enough to know that our results and performances are no where good enough,and a times have admitted this.Maybe a good performance and result on saturday will turn things around,so let us get behind the club this week and show our support for everyone at the club.

ok this is desperation, forget the management decisions,forget the poor performances,forget the 3 loans from hibs who have added nothing to the team(sorry lads)forget about the chairman. The solution, ditch the Colin Montgomerie strips they are awful. We have lost 3 games on the bounce and yes we have worn them everytime. Ditch the strips and see us climb the table,simple. Why go for a coaching badge from the largs mafia!!!!

DLA
An unlikely win next week against the only team below us will only paper over the cracks.
I really fear for what could happen if East Fife lose next week.

Well we'll be bottom and likely to stay in that position. We're are officially shite, the club is directionless and frankly a lot of us are sick of the club being a laughing stock.

I notice this time there are few, if any, coming on to defend the present regime and team. Things must be really bad if even the regular cheerleaders for mediocrity are laying low.

In response to madmans post,East fife supporters can see that 5 wins from 19 competitive games is a failure at any level of football.Another defeat on saturday has to leave sid and the board a decision to make.Gordon Durie is a fife legend but the board will have a choice to make,either back their man or gamble on a new manager to breathe life into a sorry team.A defeat on saturday and the majority of fans will think a severance cheque should be written.We have been here with stevie crawford he was allowed to stumble on and nearly sent us spinning to division 3.If sid sees progress he should come out and back his manager and let the fans know what they hope to achieve .If sid sees a good long term plan our results are telling a different story.A managers job is to win football games by whatever players or tactics he thinks best.Robbo managed to get some great results and had us playing decent attractive football with a lot of the same players.He also made some good signings.I hope i am wrong and we start to win some football matches,but keep losing in the manner we are this will be a big salvage operation for any manager who would come into the job.

fan67
In response to madmans post,East fife supporters can see that 5 wins from 19 competitive games is a failure at any level of football.Another defeat on saturday has to leave sid and the board a decision to make.Gordon Durie is a fife legend but the board will have a choice to make,either back their man or gamble on a new manager to breathe life into a sorry team.A defeat on saturday and the majority of fans will think a severance cheque should be written.We have been here with stevie crawford he was allowed to stumble on and nearly sent us spinning to division 3.If sid sees progress he should come out and back his manager and let the fans know what they hope to achieve .If sid sees a good long term plan our results are telling a different story.A managers job is to win football games by whatever players or tactics he thinks best.Robbo managed to get some great results and had us playing decent attractive football with a lot of the same players.He also made some good signings.I hope i am wrong and we start to win some football matches,but keep losing in the manner we are this will be a big salvage operation for any manager who would come into the job.

Just part of a thread a few months ago. Thought it might show just how f'n clueless you lot are!

St Pauli Fifer
Mar 1, 2012 - 7:48PM
Re: John Robertson

Quote: Opinion
I don't get this.
The team are playing like they did under Baikie (albeit different players) yet we could'nt wait to get shot of DB.
In my opinion this is the right move. A part time manager communiting from Inverness was never going to work.
Best of luck to Robertson but right he went.

Quote: St Pauli Fifer
Agree. The superb Cup performances only highlighted how woefully under-performing we've been. Cowden are brilliant in this piss-poor league, playing good football - we'd be matching them if we played like we did against the Pars and Aberdeen most weeks. We're a bigger, more successful Club than them, more fans, better ground - a history, players like Wallace, Linn, Campbell, Sloan, etc in our team.

Durie will fix the broken dressing room shambles (that's why Robertson had to go) and hopefully get the players more motivated at the very least while enjoying playing again. I'm well happy, the play-off is back on as far as I'm concerned and the chore of watching the team labour through games is hopefully over. Hopfully Jukebox can sort out Robertson's bypassed midfield, and the leaky defence, and we can start playing.

If we're happy with 5-8th place finish under Robertson's East Fife, playing mostly shit football and unhappy, demotivated players because "we've reached our level" while lesser teams hammer us, there's no point going to watch the football.

Use the good ball players in this team, get Bobby Linn involved, enjoying his football and we'll have Wallace firing us into the play-offs with games to spare.

We've got the man to instantly replace Robbo, a 43-cap, ex-Surs and Chelsea, multi title-winning player who's played in the World Cup/European Championships/Chapions League and who's a Fifer having played in the Black and Gold.

'Mon the Fife

Ps, Has Durie taken the team yet ? Didn't he take the team when we hammered Brechin away (could be wrong) ?

Excerpt from Fan67's post -
Robbo managed to get some great results and had us playing decent attractive football with a lot of the same players

Excerpt from Opinion's post -
The team are playing like they did under Baikie (albeit different players) yet we could'nt wait to get shot of DB.
In my opinion this is the right move. A part time manager communiting from Inverness was never going to work.

Excerpt from SPF's post -
Hopfully Jukebox can sort out Robertson's bypassed midfield, and the leaky defence, and we can start playing.

If we're happy with 5-8th place finish under Robertson's East Fife, playing mostly shit football and unhappy, demotivated players because "we've reached our level" while lesser teams hammer us, there's no point going to watch the football.

Now, who is the real expert out of those three I wonder??

And your point is?

direct debit
And your point is?

Are you really that thick?

Reminder!
direct debit
And your point is?

Why do you insinuate I'm thick? You've clearly went to a lot of trouble to filter out comments by three specific poster's.
I'm curious to understand your reasons for this.

And please...
Spare me the insults.

direct debit
Reminder!
direct debit
And your point is?

Why do you insinuate I'm thick? You've clearly went to a lot of trouble to filter out comments by three specific poster's.

And please...
Spare me the insults.

That'll be a yes then?

Reminder!
direct debit
Reminder!
direct debit
And your point is?

And please...
Spare me the insults.

That'll be a yes then?

That'll be a cop out then?

Evidently you're the one that's thick

Reminder you fucking idiot. Do you think Durie has the players that Baikie or even Robertson had at his disposal? We've got a fair few players that are junior level. This is the dregs left from the Robertson era. Durie might not be the answer but we were going NOWHERE in the league under Robertson. The board needs to get the finger out. Go down and it's RIP East Fife.

Reality
Reminder you fucking idiot. Do you think Durie has the players that Baikie or even Robertson had at his disposal? We've got a fair few players that are junior level. This is the dregs left from the Robertson era. Durie might not be the answer but we were going NOWHERE in the league under Robertson. The board needs to get the finger out. Go down and it's RIP East Fife.

Where have I criticised Gordon Durie mate? Where have I criticise John Robertson? You lads really don't have the common sense to see that I was pointing out how at least (regular) three posters on this site have totally opposite views on the managers and whose view are we to believe, from which I can only conclude that you truly are thick as mince!

Reminder!
Reality

Where have I criticised Gordon Durie mate? Where have I criticise John Robertson? You lads really don't have the common sense to see that I was pointing out how at least (regular) three posters on this site have totally opposite views on the managers and whose view are we to believe, from which I can only conclude that you truly are thick as mince!

So what if they have different views? This is a football forum where views & opinions are shared, discussed, sometimes agreed and often dismissed.
Your point carries very little, if any substance and i`m seriously wondering who is the "thick" one here.
Still, if it makes you feel better then carry on. I fear it won't go very far though.

Deary me.

The second half of this thread will certainly have given Sid something to think about.

Reality

So what if they have different views? This is a football forum where views & opinions are shared, discussed, sometimes agreed and often dismissed.

Often dismissed?? You jest, surely? Anytime someone speaks out against those that seem hell bent on whinging about East Fife as a club, the managers or players, all hell is let loose! It is just not allowed to argue with, or point out how daft and contradictory some of these posts are.

Deary me!

FAO Sid

Have we signed Bobby Barr or not?

Bobby Ball mare like!

Looks like Bobby is on his way out of Livi.

https://twitter.com/bobbler11/status/248177406156894208

Tam
Bobby Ball mare like!

Rock on Tammy

Reminder!
Reality

Often dismissed?? You jest, surely? Anytime someone speaks out against those that seem hell bent on whinging about East Fife as a club, the managers or players, all hell is let loose! It is just not allowed to argue with, or point out how daft and contradictory some of these posts are.

Deary me!

All hell let loose? Not allowed?
Here was me thinking this was a fans forum

You sir... are an arse!

Not saying everything under robbo was perfect,we had bad days as well,but i would say that was our best period in our history since the late 80s.If he had been allowed to see the season out i believe we might have seen the play offs.He was able to attract decent players to the club,something we are suffering from right now.Spfs post refering to fans being happy with a mid table finish,well i can assure him another defeat on saturday and i would be delighted with a mid table finish.

direct debit
Reminder!
Reality

Deary me!

All hell let loose? Not allowed?
Here was me thinking this was a fans forum

You sir... are an arse!

A fans forum?? Here's me thinking it's people who don't like East Fife making all these whinging comments? It never occurred to me that they were FANS writing all that shite! So is Cowdengelly a fan then? Wouldn't surprise me going by all the piss taking he does at East Fife's expense. He fits in pretty well with you lot!

BTW DD, you are a piece of shit!

I think its you that's a piece of shit ya boring mug.

Don't you think that we should wait until Juke Box makes a full recovery?