Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FAO . JOCKY

Where do we go now ? Opinion please ?

Re: FAO . JOCKY

mr 305
Where do we go now ? Opinion please ?

Hopefully, in your case ..... tae f*ck!

Well, seeing Jocky is unavailable at the moment ?
with being Jocky's pal ? can you pass on my kind regards and best wishes ?

But i really wonder what is his opinion on the current situation at the club ?
I hope he won't tell me to get to go tae f*ck like you have ?
Im only a supporter interested in peoples opinions who constantly condemn negative posts on this forum ?

Current situation at the club is that we are not winning games. Surprised you didn't know that? Obviously, you think that means the end of East Fife - yes, no? I don't!

Jocky
Current situation at the club is that we are not winning games. Surprised you didn't know that? Obviously, you think that means the end of East Fife - yes, no? I don't!

What now ? Jocky ?

Prepare better for the next game and win it, simple!

Aye mate , we are not in a good place just now ! are we ? hope you have some ideas to help us out ? how do we improve ? where are we going wrong ? how do we get better this season ? opinion welcome ?

mr305
Aye mate , we are not in a good place just now ! are we ? hope you have some ideas to help us out ? how do we improve ? where are we going wrong ? how do we get better this season ? opinion welcome ?

That's just it mr305. Like you, I am NOT a football coach and I am sorry to to tell you that, whatever you or I think, matters not a hoot.

I do not think that anybody else on this forum is qualified either and all I read is - get rid of this player, that coach etc, etc. Some are even questioning Gordon Durie's position and he is in his sick bed!

I believe it will be sorted out soon and that may mean some players will leave and new ones will arrive. What I disagree with, are the comments that are questioning the resolve of the club to get a winning team on the park, as clearly, they are trying, by signing players and getting loan players. Maybe not the best way to do it in some peoples eyes, but that is how it is and I am happy to continue to support the only team, I ever will support. I am totally NOT interested in how Cowden, RR or Dunfermline are doing, couldn't care less, because I will not be going west to support any of them.

Well, you would be in trouble if you went any further east.

Jocky
mr305

That's just it mr305. Like you, I am NOT a football coach and I am sorry to to tell you that, whatever you or I think, matters not a hoot.

I do not think that anybody else on this forum is qualified either and all I read is - get rid of this player, that coach etc, etc. Some are even questioning Gordon Durie's position and he is in his sick bed!

I believe it will be sorted out soon and that may mean some players will leave and new ones will arrive. What I disagree with, are the comments that are questioning the resolve of the club to get a winning team on the park, as clearly, they are trying, by signing players and getting loan players. Maybe not the best way to do it in some peoples eyes, but that is how it is and I am happy to continue to support the only team, I ever will support. I am totally NOT interested in how Cowden, RR or Dunfermline are doing, couldn't care less, because I will not be going west to support any of them.

I think it only natural to look at your near neighbours and especially in Cowdens case cast an envious glance at how they have consistently done better than us for a long long time now on very limited resources and in a dump of a ground. We meanwhile have stagnated year after year since we won promotion to the 2nd. And that is unacceptable, no matter how you look at it

S-Pat
Jocky
mr305

I think it only natural to look at your near neighbours and especially in Cowdens case cast an envious glance at how they have consistently done better than us for a long long time now on very limited resources and in a dump of a ground. We meanwhile have stagnated year after year since we won promotion to the 2nd. And that is unacceptable, no matter how you look at it

Totally agree.

And won nothing of note! I can't even remember them taking any big scalps in cups, but then again I don't really follow their scores anyway.

So is the sum total of the teams efforts to take a few bigger scalps? I remember when we did this in the 1960's and it was good but we were stuck in the second division from 1958 to 1971. Sure it was great seeing us beat Celtic at home an Motherwell away in various cups but might have appreciated the team getting promoted quicker than 1971.

Jocky
And won nothing of note! I can't even remember them taking any big scalps in cups, but then again I don't really follow their scores anyway.

Won the Second Division at a canter last season, the league we were in, not sure how it would be possible "not to follow" that when supporting East Fife.

They pumped us four times out of four by the way.

And don't try to claim the Second Division title is "nothing of note" for East Fife in the 21st Century, most of our fans alive today have seen us win the Third Division, nothing more. I'd absolutely love us to win the Second Division.

Fred
Jocky

Won the Second Division at a canter last season, the league we were in, not sure how it would be possible "not to follow" that when supporting East Fife.

They pumped us four times out of four by the way.

And don't try to claim the Second Division title is "nothing of note" for East Fife in the 21st Century, most of our fans alive today have seen us win the Third Division, nothing more. I'd absolutely love us to win the Second Division.

Totally agree

Jocky

Come on Jocky, you can spout better pish than this lame effort.
Let me offer a suggestion to get your creative juices flowing. Do you have a single critical thing to say about anything the club has done over the past ten years?

Jocky

It's difficult to know whether to laugh or cry at that reply.

S-Pat
Jocky

It's difficult to know whether to laugh or cry at that reply.

Jocky

That quote is utterly pathetic. As long as we get a cup win against a bigger team once in while then all is ok.
Note how Jocky hasn`t come on to justify himself but is still posting on other threads.

J.Nisbet
Jocky

That quote is utterly pathetic. As long as we get a cup win against a bigger team once in while then all is ok.
Note how Jocky hasn`t come on to justify himself but is still posting on other threads.

Why does he need to justify himself?? I have been reading through the posts on this thread, and it seems to me as though a lot of the messages have very little point! Rather than bitching and moaning he is advocating that we simply follow our team and support them, and that he doesnt care about the other teams in fife. Seems to me some people wont be happy until he comes on the forum and starts demanding the management and the board get the punt!!
The team isnt doing well and is underperforming, fair enough people arent happy. If some fans have lost faith in the team then i cant blame them, but why have a go at the fans who still have hope we can turn things around??

In The Gordons We Trust
J.Nisbet
Jocky

Why does he need to justify himself?? I have been reading through the posts on this thread, and it seems to me as though a lot of the messages have very little point! Rather than bitching and moaning he is advocating that we simply follow our team and support them, and that he doesnt care about the other teams in fife. Seems to me some people wont be happy until he comes on the forum and starts demanding the management and the board get the punt!!
The team isnt doing well and is underperforming, fair enough people arent happy. If some fans have lost faith in the team then i cant blame them, but why have a go at the fans who still have hope we can turn things around??

The only time they are on this forum, is to criticise the team, individual players and the management team (even those that are off on the sick), or the board. I don't think there was as much bile in the Brown days actually, in particular, not against the players. Now, a player just needs to make a solitary mistake and the hordes are on him like a ton of bricks! Young lads getting hounded from the club, right from the word go!

Jocky
The only time they are on this forum, is to criticise the team, individual players and the management team (even those that are off on the sick), or the board. I don't think there was as much bile in the Brown days actually, in particular, not against the players. Now, a player just needs to make a solitary mistake and the hordes are on him like a ton of bricks! Young lads getting hounded from the club, right from the word go!

Jocky that wasn't worth the wait, pal. The only thing worse than pure pish is dull pish. Come on, you can do better! Liven it up a bit!

Jocky
In The Gordons We Trust
J.Nisbet
Jocky

No Jocky , we don't want to hound anyone , we just post our opinion on the team and the club. you will defend the team ,club to any extent , even tho we are heading to div 3 . We as fans , supporters will post our concerns and opinions on how we can improve and move up the league . Do you welcome relegation ? as we are heading that way ?

In The Gordons We Trust
J.Nisbet
Jocky

Aye ? how do we do that then ? that is whole point of this thread ?

mr305
Jocky
In The Gordons We Trust
J.Nisbet
Jocky

No Jocky , we don't want to hound anyone , we just post our opinion on the team and the club. you will defend the team ,club to any extent , even tho we are heading to div 3 . We as fans , supporters will post our concerns and opinions on how we can improve and move up the league . Do you welcome relegation ? as we are heading that way ?

Something I posted on another thread -

"As said earlier on AFTN, Dumbarton had a woeful start to last season and were promoted. When we were promoted from the 3rd in 2003, the following season we were top (or 2nd top) of the league at this stage AND, we were relegated!"

Nothing more to say, except to you which is, try supporting the club, team, players, management if you can. You will feel better for it, instead of going through all the turmoil that you are presently experiencing by all accounts.

Jocky=AFTNs answer to Norman Wisdom. Bless him.

Keep it up Jocky. Loving it.

talent spotter
Jocky=AFTNs answer to Norman Wisdom. Bless him.

Keep it up Jocky. Loving it.

He knows everything you know!

By jove, these were witty posts lads. Cannae stop laughing!

Jocky's pal

You contribute F/A to this forum ???????????? WHY ?????

mr305
Jocky's pal

You contribute F/A to this forum ???????????? WHY ?????

With respect mr305, you seem to think that one must agree with yourself and others when you slag the team etc off. Well, I don't agree with most of all that utter drivel, so live with it! As said many times before, criticise and expect to be criticised back! That applies to all of us.

But ,where do we go now

mr305
But ,where do we go now

Bayview on Saturday of course!

Jocky dizna have any pals. Who you tryin to kid?!

cecil
Jocky dizna have any pals. Who you tryin to kid?!

I'm doubling up with laughter at that wan noo!! Please stop, ah cannae tak ony mare!!!