Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What the F*ck..

Is going on?

Can Eugene or someone from the club please answer the following questions:

1 - What is the situation with Bobby Barr?
2 - What is the situation with Colin Samuel?
3 - Why hasn't there been any clarification from the board regarding the direction of the club? Many fans have been asking for weeks now...

The club has become an absolute embarrassment and it seems to be getting more amateurish by the day.

Re: What the F*ck..

Sadly I pretty much have to agree with you there. I just get that awful feeling that the club literally have no idea what they are doing right now. The whole "signing" of Bobby Barr being confirmed/announced on here and on the Facebook Site and deleted minutes later was just completely embarrassing. What a laughing stock we are.

"3 - Why hasn't there been any clarification from the board regarding the direction of the club? Many fans have been asking for weeks now..."

This ^

Has there been any official figure given for cup game money and spending plans too? I suppose asking this makes me a "moaner"

Is it not possible to get another Sids bar pre match Q & A with the directors. I personally thought that the one last season was quite informative.

Im sure if a formal approach was made via Eugene he would try to se this up or a least feedback the response of the board.

On a point of social (netwoking) etiquette I do not think posting a question to a named board member or the more generic "the board" on an open fans forum is ever likely to get a response.

I have found if you have questions to ask of people a letter or email is more likely to get a response, particularly if it has your real name and an address on it.

It might be worth formally asking the supporters trust to raise any questions at the next board meeting on behalf of the supporters.

In fact Im away to do that myself now. I let you know how I get on.

We seem to be in a period where everything that can go wrong does so[Pollock sent off in the reserves and Brown and Collier injured ]. .I've no idea what happened in the Bobby Barr situation but if a mistake was made so be it.It really is time the players stood up to be counted and showed a bit of spirit and pride.

"your real name and address on it"
Real world calling Sparky,real world calling Sparky. Don't know if the much loved Jim Traynor actually thought up the description but forums which allow anonymous posting are just a haven for "keyboard warriors".
If a open forum with Sid etc is held how many of the multi-name posters on here will be standing up and saying the same as they have posted e.g. direct criticism of individual players ?