Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
With My Moderator's Hat On...

Can I bring the following point from the forum guidelines to certain people's attention...

"Enjoy the forum and please respect your fellow fans and posters and their viewpoints."

In my view, this has recently degenerated and we've had people being called muppet, tosser, piece of shit et al.

Quite apart from showing yourself up when doing this, it drags the forum down and decreases the chance of anyone e.g. EFFC, other clubs, other team's fans respecting our views.

So, pack it in basically. If you've got a problem with this, it's probably best you don't continue to post on here.

Thanks.

Re: With My Moderator's Hat On...

Agree with these sentiments. Been guilty in the past myself at over-reacting to fellow users. Can we extend the same courtesy to players and managers? Threads titled "Fuck off Levein" etc?

Can we extend the same courtesy to players and managers? Threads titled "Fuck off Levein" etc?

Nope that one is quite legitamate!!

Kings of Fife
Agree with these sentiments. Been guilty in the past myself at over-reacting to fellow users. Can we extend the same courtesy to players and managers? Threads titled "Fuck off Levein" etc?

Who are you to tell GoF to do anything? It's his site. He started this forum for us all to enjoy. It's his site. Not East Fife FC's. If he wants to say Fuck Off Levein, he can do. He's right anyway, he should fuck off. Who do you think you are exactly, having a thinly veiled dig at GoF? Don't use the site. Eternal apologists and defeatests are worse than the moaners. It's folk like you who don't care that East Fife and Scotland perform well beneath themselves sum up the loser mentality.

It's not thinly veiled, it's a valid comment. I agree with KOTS. We can make our arguments constructive without resorting to abuse. Agree with that or disagree, it's up to you.

It's GoF's site. He can write Fuck Off Levein if he wants. It's as simple as that. You are not grasping it. Next you'll be telling him what to write on his blogs. This is a popular site. It's not a public charity East Fife and SFA regime propaganda site. What kind of a human being tells the owner of a site what not to write?

Oh......and FUCK OFF LEVEIN.

Kings of Fife can express that view. No problem with that.

Not going to change anything.

There will be a lot more "Fuck off Levein" style threads until he does indeed fuck off. And if I feel like starting one for Collumbine and the Board, which is very close, then that will happen too.

This site would be a lot less depressing if the regular users on it stopped abusing each other. We're in a small enough minority as East Fife fans as it is without turning on each other when we're all fighting for the same goal.

Trolling Raith and Cowden fans on the other hand can be abused to everyone's hearts are content.

People who bring our clubs and country down, and opposing players and managers, have always been abused by AFTN and will continue to be so.

If anyone doesn't like that, then they're free to just not come here.

It is not only people who bring down club or country GoF. Those who dare to praise the club especially, are targets as well from the ones that like to criticise the club every chance they get. It is not a one way situation here. Normally the nastiness comes in when someone posts to disagree with a critic of the club or player and the original critic does not like it, so responds with expletives!

Just my opinion.

I totally agree Opinion.

At the end of everything, we all want East Fife to be the best we can be.

It's fine to disagree civilly but as soon as people on all sides become overly abusive in reaction to criticsm, then it serves no purpose.

I think for the next wee while, we'll start deleting posts that are overly abusive to fellow EF posters.

Disagreements are fine. Heated arguments are what football's about.

Calling your fellow Fife supporter a prick or whatever if just dumb.

GoF
Kings of Fife can express that view. No problem with that.

Not going to change anything.

There will be a lot more "Fuck off Levein" style threads until he does indeed fuck off. And if I feel like starting one for Collumbine and the Board, which is very close, then that will happen too.

This site would be a lot less depressing if the regular users on it stopped abusing each other. We're in a small enough minority as East Fife fans as it is without turning on each other when we're all fighting for the same goal.

Trolling Raith and Cowden fans on the other hand can be abused to everyone's hearts are content.

People who bring our clubs and country down, and opposing players and managers, have always been abused by AFTN and will continue to be so.

If anyone doesn't like that, then they're free to just not come here.

For once I totally agree with you even though we are at opposite ends of the political spectrum.

Obviously we hope that people would respect the points made in this thread and therefore treat each other with respect. It's always better that than us having to continually remove posts and/or ban people.

Happily, this is almost always the case.

However, for the record, I have removed two posts from one contributor this morning. These were posted in the middle of the night i.e. nightclub chucking-out time ... so let's hope it was down to a bevvy too many and that'll be that.

We really do try hard not to ban folk - to a point.