Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Great support from JSC

It was great to see a large vocal support from the Junior Supporters Club at the match today, they were noisy and created a much needed atmosphere at Bayview. Best I've seen at a home game in a long time. There seemed to be a bit of banter going on between the youths and the Ayr fans, and it looked like stewards told the JSC supervisors to make the kids be quiet and sit down. If poor performances and results aren't enough to stop youngsters coming back to watch the Fife then instances like this just might be.

Re: Great support from JSC

Aye it was good to see.

Aye. Well done to the Junior fans. Hope the team starts to get the results to give us all something to shout about.

Thanks for the comments guys. The JSC had been on their sponsored walk to raise money for the club. Was great to see so many of them then come into the game. The boys can't half sing eh? The atmosphere in our end was brilliant. The kids and all us JSC members who were looking after them had a great time and hope the boys on the pitch heard the boys giving them their full support. Hopefully East Fife will have us all back soon. I think many enjoyed seeing us there.

Why dont they let them in every week for a nominal fee of 1 pound or similar?

Good idea Pingpong. We need to get these boys and girls to every home game, both for the atmosphere and the future of the club

Maybe we should build a terracing behind the goals to house them!!!! GOod luck in trying to convince the board that it makes sense to let them in for a £1

Good luck trying to convince the board to do anything pro-active.

Still, they've put a house being up for sale in Cupar on the Club's official Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/eastfifefc/status/249568531543371776

Is that an April Fools'?

Unbelievable

I've said this before, but I remember when I was at Parkhill (in the dim and distant mid-90s) we got complimentary tickets for a couple of games. Why is this not being done in the present day when the club needs all the supporters it can get? If 100 complimentaries leads to even 5 kids coming back a few times and being fans for life, buying merchandise, etc., it pays for itself.

That is hilarious!
There is also a tweet that promotes Eugene 'Talk Buddy' Clark's CV! Maybe he's for sale as well. Any bidders?
And someone recommending Plusnet broadband. Thanks!
Is it a spoof site? It can't possibly be an official EFFC site. It's a joke. Isn't it?

No, not a joke but the people running our club ARE A JOKE! Get your team sheets here, only 20p!

I see they were getting praised by the Ayr fans on twitter for their banter e.g slagging off Butlins.

Said for a while we need the young teams that were so vocal at Killie game to step up to the mark. Too may of us middle aged blokes getting jaded and cynical about the footy.

eric
No, not a joke but the people running our club ARE A JOKE! Get your team sheets here, only 20p!

Hey Eric , teamsheets at Arbroath are 25p . think we are getting a bargain , LOL

"There is also a tweet that promotes Eugene 'Talk Buddy' Clark's CV! Maybe he's for sale as well."

Well I'm always open to offers!

Sorry about that - I must have been logged into the EFFC account when I tweeted - these auto logins can be a pain at times.

I would love to see the JSC getting invited back to Bayview they made some noise that Im sure most fans like to hear. Lets hope the board enjoyed it too.

Eugene Clarke
"There is also a tweet that promotes Eugene 'Talk Buddy' Clark's CV! Maybe he's for sale as well."

Well I'm always open to offers!

Sorry about that - I must have been logged into the EFFC account when I tweeted - these auto logins can be a pain at times.

I don't know if you're aware or what, the Football Club's twitter has 3 updates to your online CV in the last fortnight. I saw it on the official site twitter feed. Appears you're sill logged in to EFFC when tweeting personal promotion stuff.

Cheers SPF.

I think it must be something to do with LinkedIn providing an automatic feed to Twitter.

It's a pain in the butt so I will see how I can stop it.

Any suggestions/help welcome.

Eugene Clarke
I think it must be something to do with LinkedIn providing an automatic feed to Twitter.
It's a pain in the butt so I will see how I can stop it.
Any suggestions/help welcome.

Try reining in the self-promotion. That might help.

Thank you.