Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
buses to games

I have decided not to run a bus to the away games due to the lack of supporters wishing to travel on the bus.

Re: buses to games

That is very sad news Kenny but well done on running them for the past few years x

A sign of the times sadly and shows how low we have now sank too. How many are heading to Stranraer?...

Would have have made any difference if we were in the top half of the table?

People are getting fed up spending good money for very,very little in return.

We are a joke, on and off the park.

I would reakon 15 max supporters at Stranraer, especially now that there isnt a bus going.

Eugene - can the club not help Kenny with the travel club? Also what are the supporters club for, if we dont run a bus to away games??

This is truly a terrible moment. I hope the 1938 travel club doesnt stop and that this decision is reconsidered. Its understandable that a bus doesnt run to Stranraer because of the cost and the absolute dross that we are having to watch at the moment.

There was a full bus pretty much that went to Alloa on the first league match of the season.

It is a sad day indeed when East Fife doesnt have a supporters bus going to away match

I have decided not to run the bus,as I only had about 10 names for the stranraer game,and it was at only costing £5 per person,and fans could not be bothered taking it up,so the club or the supporters club should not be questioned.it is me who has decided.The alloa bus only had 31 fans and it was a 51 seater so it was not nearly full.

Thanks Kenny for all the work you've done organising the buses over the seasons.

It's probably true to say that supporters will only start to come back when they think they're going to see a winning team and hopefully our management team and the players will start to deliver soon.

We're at a pretty low point now but we can only get better and of course it's still very early days in terms of the season.

Well that's sums up our current predicament . No one is interested due to shite value for money on the park. I hope the board read this and take stock. Pissed off supporters vote with their feet, if things don't change soon Bayview will be a ghost town. We have regressed so much it is unbelievable. Kenny thanks for all your efforts over the years it was greatly appreciated by myself and others who travelled frequently on the bus. Personally I will miss the banter!

Eugene Clarke
We're at a pretty low point now but we can only get better and of course it's still very early days in terms of the season.

That's optimistic. Things could easily get worse. I would love to believe that we can only get better, but we are due a few heavy drubbings if we continue like this.

In my opinion we are actually lucky to not be any worse than we are as Brown has saved us from gubbings on a couple of occasions.

The reality is that if the team is successful there will be a greater demand for going on the bus to away matches.
Unfortunately the team is struggling just now and that means the home crowd and away support will naturally drop. This is especially true when money is tight as it is just now and people have to be selective with how they spend their cash.

Ayr United didnt manage to run a supporters bus to East Fife on Saturday and that is because their fans are voting with their feet too.

Hopefully results will pick up soon and this will encourage fans to turn out again

Huge respect Kenny! Hopefully thngs will pick up again this season> Bus travel was great

maybe coz effc are not worth watching anymore home or away and relegation is looming looks like rangers are only keeping ur space warm and r u not a celtic man anyway

maybe coz effc are not worth watching anymore home or away and relegation is looming looks like rangers are only keeping ur space warm and r u not a celtic man anyway

Becky has taken over the running the buses to away games,31 names so far.