Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Reserves v Annan

East Fife won 3-1 tonight with goals from McBride, Sloan (pen) and Jamieson. Anyone know what the starting 11 were ?

Re: Reserves v Annan

East fife 1st team v young Annan side.

Not only do i watch them on a sat but i now get the joy of watching them all play the reserve fixture as well!!

Don't mind seeing a few of them get a run out for fitness coming back from injury etc but really only went along in the hope of seeing what our younger players are like, think will give the reserve fixtures a miss from now on.

From what I hear there is a lot of discontent among the young players as they are not getting to play in the reserve games due to the first team players being used. These young guys are training full time all week then not getting any game time, that's just not right!

Surely if the 1st team are struggling, then it needs to be sorted out. So what, if the reserve game was used to try and do that. Is it any different from the likes of Man Utd etc, fielding weaker sides in the League Cup?

Can East Fife do anything right?

Unconcerned
Surely if the 1st team are struggling, then it needs to be sorted out. So what, if the reserve game was used to try and do that. Is it any different from the likes of Man Utd etc, fielding weaker sides in the League Cup?

Absolutely agree. This is just getting to be a joke on here. Moan...moan...moan...yawn....yawn...yawn.

It seems to me very straight forward that Chisholm would use the opportunity to play a lot of first team players in order to help them gel, build confidence etc

There seems to me a more general point here though.
Yes, the team is going through a bit of a bad patch and morale is low amongst everyone, however surely we only get through this by trying to be positive and, dare I say it, SUPPORTIVE.
Unfortunately like all clubs we have a small band of wreckers who revel in the bad times nitpicking every little thing they can find.It really is terribly sad

A fair point. Also none of three goalscorers started on Saturday. Did Campbell, Brown, McCormack and Johnstone play? These guys also need some game time. Come on guys cut the management team some slack.

Not having ago, was just surprised to see so many 1st team players in a reserve fixture.

Morrissey
Unconcerned

Absolutely agree. This is just getting to be a joke on here. Moan...moan...moan...yawn....yawn...yawn.

It seems to me very straight forward that Chisholm would use the opportunity to play a lot of first team players in order to help them gel, build confidence etc

There seems to me a more general point here though.
Yes, the team is going through a bit of a bad patch and morale is low amongst everyone, however surely we only get through this by trying to be positive and, dare I say it, SUPPORTIVE.
Unfortunately like all clubs we have a small band of wreckers who revel in the bad times nitpicking every little thing they can find.It really is terribly sad

Leven and Concerned were simply stating some points around team selection for a Reserve match. That is hardly moaning. The fact that Leven went to the match and attends reserve games in the first place suggests he is very supportive of the club. How many of us go to reserve games anyway? I don't and very few of us do.

Some fans should learn to accept other viewpoints without taking offence. They are not wreckers (what a silly thing to say) just honest fans that support Eas Fife as much, if not more, than many of us and are simply concerned about where the club is heading at this moment in time.

Would agree people are allowed to voice their opinion. What is gutless is they haven't the courage to do so under their real names. They still hide under the bush of anonymity

How do we know it was a 'first team'? has anybody posted a line up yet?
McBride and Sloan both started on the bench on Saturday while Jamieson wasn't even in the squad.
Reserve fixtures, traditionally, were exactly the sort of games that players like that would be used in.
Some folk are just determined to whine about anything.

What's happened with Jamieson,is he getting any game time in the 1st team?

A Trialist
How do we know it was a 'first team'? has anybody posted a line up yet?
McBride and Sloan both started on the bench on Saturday while Jamieson wasn't even in the squad.
Reserve fixtures, traditionally, were exactly the sort of games that players like that would be used in.
Some folk are just determined to whine about anything.

I'm not saying the 1st team players who are not starting or need match fitness should not be played in these games, of course they should, i was just under the impression when i went to the game that we had a full time young squad who would play in these reserve games sorry for getting that wrong.

The 1st team should always come first, so if you think im whining then your wrong.

It was the last sarcastically sounding comment you made about not bothering with reserve games from now on, that came across as a wee whinge. No doubting that you support the club and where your heart is though!