Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Stranraer

Well done the team and staff. Also to the brave souls who travelled to the game.

I would like to comment on the really out of order posts over the past few weeks, especially the criticism of individual players. The few posters who do this need to take stock before posting. I know you are dissappointed and that means you are hurting which shows your love for the club but it doesn't help to post that players are past it etc, then same players scores two the next week.!!

We have all followed the team for so long now to realise that this game we love will always have its ups and downs. Take the downs on the chin and enjoy the ups. When certain players are off form, its encouragment they need, not booing and over reactioned posts.

AND I SAY AGAIN [DONT WANT TO RUB IT IN:)] QUOTE: WHEN WE GEL, SOMEONE WILL GET A TANKIN!!UNQUOTE. AM I STILL DILUSIONAL??? :):)

Re: Stranraer

Fifeyboab.
Well done the team and staff. Also to the brave souls who travelled to the game.

I would like to comment on the really out of order posts over the past few weeks, especially the criticism of individual players. The few posters who do this need to take stock before posting. I know you are dissappointed and that means you are hurting which shows your love for the club but it doesn't help to post that players are past it etc, then same players scores two the next week.!!

We have all followed the team for so long now to realise that this game we love will always have its ups and downs. Take the downs on the chin and enjoy the ups. When certain players are off form, its encouragment they need, not booing and over reactioned posts.

AND I SAY AGAIN [DONT WANT TO RUB IT IN:)] QUOTE: WHEN WE GEL, SOMEONE WILL GET A TANKIN!!UNQUOTE. AM I STILL DILUSIONAL??? :):)

I do remember reading your previous post Fifeyboab and I agree entirely with this one.

The anymosity on this site toward players and EF supporters is a bit much at times and I can say this because I do visit other web sites where the nastiness is toward opposition fans/teams and very rarely toward their own.

Strangely quiet on here today - wonder why??

Probably because only about 20 made it to the game.

Stranraer fans forum are slagging off players/manager and talking about div 3
and missing out on Sevco money, so we are not the only ones who do this.

Great result and i salute the fans(they must be mad) who travelled to Stranraer.

Well done the 20, and well said Boab.

I guess a few of those die hards dont post here due to some of Boabs reasons above, but it would be great if one who did could give their review of the game and performances.
And again well prophisised Boab - the tanking wasn't too long in coming.

Keeping Wee Booby after the loan deal might be a challenge but great if we could that would be superb - Willis too.
I think I'm not far off in thinking that midfield the 4 had 2 24 yr olds (Bobby and Div) and two 20/21 yr olds (Willis and Pollock) - that has to be good, forwards on the scoresheet too, it's not all doom and gloom by any means.

It wasnt just a young midfield that played on Saturday. All through the team we had youth.

Collier in goal is only 19, Smith at LB is only 20, Forster only 19 with Campbell and McCormack 26 and 24 respectively.

In midfield there was a 20 year old and 21 year old playing with Div and Bobby at 24 and then up front we had the auld yins!!!!

The future looks bright, admittedly some of these players are loans.

Like most fans I was guilty of not going on Saturday. It was a very (pleasantly) surprising result, and I must commend the players, management and any fans that made the journey.

I'm delighted that our front men got on the scoresheet and hopefully they'll have a taste for goal now. The acquisition of Barr will almost certainly be a short, temporary one but a player of his quality has obviously unlocked a lot of the potential in other midfield and attacking areas. Pollock appears to have been a gem of a signing too and looks like being very important to the team this season.

Not trying to put a dampner on the result by stating that the one small disappointment was conceding another couple of goals. We rarely concede less than two per game, this can be forgiven/overlooked when we score 3 or more (especially 6) but traditionally teams are not consistently successful unless they are solid at the back. The better sides in the league will, as they have, punish our poor defending and we will continue to drop points.

In all though a fantastic result on the day and hopefully just what we needed to kickstart a dreadful start to the season.

Not trying to put a dampener on things at all, but worth noting Pollock has only signed til the end of the year as well. Would be great if the Rangers money could help us push the boat out and attract and keep players like him and Barr for a couple if seasons at least.

2-6 freak result.
Normal service will resume next week with the usual defeat i`m sure

Dirty Harry
2-6 freak result.

No, no, no. When we win a game, you're supposed to go totally overboard about how we're headed for Europe. You haven't grasped how it works at all.

Jocky
Strangely quiet on here today - wonder why??

Any chance of a match report, in your opinion ? would love to hear it as i wasn't there . Im sure you we're tho ?

KotS
Dirty Harry
2-6 freak result.

No, no, no. When we win a game, you're supposed to go totally overboard about how we're headed for Europe. You haven't grasped how it works at all.

Lolz, good point!

Point i`m making is up until Saturday we were destined for the third blah blah blah. Now it seems we`re heading for the promotion play offs!
THAT`S HOW THIS SITE WORKS.
Still pretty sure we`ll get pumped this coming Saturday and back to being relegation fodder yet again.

Link for match report in Galloway Gazette:

http://www.gallowaygazette.co.uk/sport/local-sport/blues-are-hit-for-six-1-2557352