Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Score...

3-0

Embarrassing.

Re: Score...

Especially against 10 men !!!

A freak fluke last week clearly. Why is the new keeper playing? What has Collier done wrong to be dropped? We're a team of loan signings most of whom don't give a monkeys about the club. A shambles.

Spineless performance! Never seen an East Fife side capitulate as easily as today. Gemmell comes on & within a couple of minutes tries a shot from at least 35 yards & the keeper just stands & looks at it! 2 minutes later we can't clear a corner & it's returned for Gemmell to volley in from 6 yards! Within 5 minutes its 3 when Keane scores an absolute peach! One of the Stenny subs said that they knew if they scored first we would fold, says it all really!

It's what happens when you have half a team of young loan players from a higher league. They can be great when things are going well but when you need to fight, scrap and show a bit of bottle then they are posted missing. Yet they will all play next week no doubt as part of the loan agreements. It does not auger well for the rest of the season if we are relying on these guys to get us out of the mess we're in.

What a disaster ,was near to being kicked out by one of the stewards when it was 0-0.Should have let the cunt methinks as I would not have had to witness this collapse.

We conceded 3 goals in 7 minutes against 10 men.

One of the worst performances that I have seen in years and there have been many very bad ones.

The keeper was shocking (the first goal was a disgrace), Willis did zero and stayed on the field (why?), Forster was not up for the fight, Wardlaw has no basic footballing skill, mcbride kept passing to stenny and did zero.

Really ,really fed up and embarrassed by that.

Most of the players, the management team and the coaching staff need a severe bollicking and if they can't accept that and improve they should leave.

Other teams achieve much more with the same or less resources. Why?

Darren McCormack on Twitter

"To many players jus don't give a f**k its embarrassing. They can fuk off. Terrible result. Apologies to the fans 4 2nd half! No gd enough"

Thats enough for me,full of optimism every Saturday only to be let down every week.For what it costs me to travel to one away game and come away depressed I can watch Sky Sports for a month.
This team looks like a bunch of strangers playing a friendly,Some so called footballers(not all)need to have a long hard look at themselves and ask if they really deserve to be getting paid for what they are contributing to East Fife.

Darren, Campbell, Smith, Div, Pollock, Barr and McManus were all definitely trying and did OK. That is only half a team.

I do not normally pick out players - after today and the Ayr game I feel justified in doing so as I feel that I have been cheated out of my own time and money .

Willis - have not seen him do anything good in any game so far. He is a wide player who does not get past his man, ever, or even try to. He plays the entire game without contributing anything or breaking sweat and is a lazy b*stard. Prancing around in his fancy blue boots. Why doesn't Chisolm give him a rocket?

Forster - was made to look stupid today by Gemmell who is well past his best. Scored an own goal in his first game and has got worse since then. He is nowhere near good enough, is he?

Antell - the first goal today was disgusting and amateurish. It was an insult to the fans. Casually strolling across his goal to let a 35 yard pot shot in that he could see all the way. The third goal was a decent shot but he got nowhere near it. He should never play again for EFFC. He seems a cocky b*stard who got found out.

Wardlaw - controls the ball further than most players can kick it. Compared to McManus he does little or no work. Pretty sure that he does not give a toss about EFFC.

McBride - with his first 2 touches today passed straight to Stenny players. Showed no urgency and sauntered around whilst we are 3 - 0 down - an insult to the fans. Again, in the games that I have seen, he is nowhere near good enough and he has no interest in EFFC.

Chisolm and management team - the defence has been a shambles all season and is getting worse. Why? We are not a team, just a collection of individuals. Why? Why are the players not busting a gut to perform well and win games. Guys like Willis are allowed to stroll through entire games without contributing anything. Why are they allowed to do that?

I agree 100%.

I am totally pissed off with the same players you have named. Willis is especially guilty - he has contributed nothing since he arrived and the management team should have identified this weeks ago. If he doesn't want to play for us then tell him to get to f**k.

Willis and the keeper should go back to their clubs straight away - they think they are too good for us and are shafting the fans with their performances. I don't want to see them play again and may not be back until they are gone. Arrogant f*ckers.

The others are simply not good enough and will be passengers while they remain - not fair on the fans or team.

Stenny are nothing special but with 10 men looked like they could get 4 or 5 past us.

There is no point or future in playing people like Willis and agree he is allowed to arse around like a prat giving two fingers to the fans - what is Chisolm playing at - Fergie would kick Willis hard back to Dunfy.

Can't expect the fans to pay good money to watch certain players take the piss - hope the club is listening....

Agree with a lot posted about 2day but i have to say the 2nd half turned on 2 big moments 1. Mcmanus missing that sitter,if that goes in we are 1 up against 10 men and in control 2. Their first goal was a shocker and then we just collapsed in that 7min spell after being on top in the 2nd half and playing some well controlled football especially down the left with barr and smith
When we go behind we then panic make changes that did nothing to help the situation,players cant get up to speed or dont care,you decide.
I accept like i say a lot of things said on this topic and appreciate these views will be disputed but thats what footballs about,different opinions is it not!!!!

Don't see any disagreement here.

What a waste of my time and money that was today, i'm not saying beat the players who look like they don't give a fook with a wooden stick but on the other hand the way i'm feeling right now maybe that would'nt be such a bad idea!!!

Think i might just stick to going to watch home reserve matches.

The player's mentioned need to leave and take a hard look at the mirrow. I thought we played ok and where on top of the game until the goal that should never had happened.willis is a shocking player at this level and thats why jefferies has got rid of him because he is a lazy player who thinks he has it all.

Why are we bringing in these loan players when we clearly have some talent in the U19s?

If they're beating SPL sides then they've done their bit to earn a chance before some loanee.

Remember when we used to actually develop our own youth players? Seems the last one was more than a decade ago now.

We need to have a clear out by christmas or we will be down at bottom all season.The only loan player i would keep is Barr the rest are pish poor. Mcbride,white,wardlaw,sloan, all out or we will be relegated by march.There is still some good player's at our club and these player's are geting made to look like shite every week. We had a few good chances bobby hit the bar when it looked in and mcmanus had a header just wide. Mcbride did hee haw when come on when he should have been running at the right back and geting good service into the box. Willis was the same at the other side gave the ball away far too much.

Well that was pish...

Can't disagree with anyone regarding the loan players. The boys from Hibernian are not good enough! I read somewhere that Michael Brown was fit. If that's true and he's not in the team then it's a complete joke!

What a waste of a signing McBride has been. He can't pass or even control a football. Countless times it's just an aimless, lazy pass to the opposition. Willis is exactly the same. Two of the worst so called "wingers" Ive seen.

In two weeks, will anything have changed? The answer is sadly no. I won't be back at Bayview in a hurry. If that makes me a "non supporter" then so be it. Fed up being disrespected and paying good money to watch a bunch of prima donnas, prancing around thinking that their big time.

Its not just the U19 gof - we have full time Under 20s who the club put out to junior sides rather than try in the first team.

Why has EFFC become a practice club for Hibs players?

Until that shocking first goal, we were on top and playing some decent football.
Bobby's shot was probably in and Paul McManus headed just wide. It all changed when the keeper could not be arsed to save a long range shot. He looked like a liability when he was dribbling round the stenny player in the box and nearly losing the ball - why the f*ck should he care and he doesn't. I cant see me being back until he has gone. The fans are being shat on when this guy an walk into the first team and perform like that.

The good things came from the same players - Barr, McManus, Pollock, Muir, Smith, Campbell, McCormack. The others are not trying or are not good enough. Everyone can see it. I cant remember McBride getting past his man once in any game I have seen. Willis is a disaster. Paul McManus kept having to go wide because Willis would not run into space taking your main striker out of the box.

Of the loan players, Barr has been great and Smith the left back gets pass marks. The others just walk straight into the first team each week and insult the club and fans through their performances.

We have a big management team - anyone know who they are and what their roles and responsibilities are? I don't recognise them - are they just helping out? Is Bob Malcolm a coach, or what? It looks like a shambles - may not be - hard to tell....

Judging by the nonsensical policy of signing a team of loan players that, with a couple of honourable exceptions, don't give a toss and the results on the pitch, I suspect a shambles is about right.

And that is being kind.

The exact reasons why i won`t be back this season, an absolute shambles and a board who simply couldn`t give a fuck about the fans. £13 to watch that, no thanks. All the best for the rest o the season.

p,s Was at the Dunhill cup in St Andrews yday, best Sat i`ve had in a while.

DPH
The exact reasons why i won`t be back this season, an absolute shambles and a board who simply couldn`t give a fuck about the fans. £13 to watch that, no thanks. All the best for the rest o the season.

Should have went to the football at St Andrews to watch ex Fife players White and Hislop. They seem to have done well since departing us. Hissie seems to be scoring for fun.

Realist
DPH

Should have went to the football at St Andrews to watch ex Fife players White and Hislop. They seem to have done well since departing us. Hissie seems to be scoring for fun.

It took him long enough. Found his level in the juniors. Did he even manage 10 goals for us in 2 seasons?