Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FAO Management

Your taxi is waiting!

That is all.

Re: FAO Management

Time to get Robbo back on the phone and beg him to come back.

What did we do in the league under Robbo like?

We were sinking towards the bottom of the table with him too. Robbo was a failure and that's why he always gets sacked and now can't a job in management since getting sacked here.

Worst team, worst management in years.
Fucking amateurs who should be sacked now!

St Pauli Fifer

We were sinking towards the bottom of the table with him too. Robbo was a failure and that's why he always gets sacked and now can't a job in management since getting sacked here.

SPF you are a fool. Robbo never had us out both cups this early and playing with half a team of loanees and looking defunct of ideas and 3rd division bound. You know better though and will come bouncing back on this forum to say otherwise just so you dont look wrong...which you are. A real fan would be at games but you keep coming up with pathetic excuses why not. Piss off and dont comment if you dont go.

Solution?? Not sure but it certainly aint Chisholm and the poisoned dwarf Dodds who do nothing for team harmony

Realist
St Pauli Fifer

SPF you are a fool. Robbo never had us out both cups this early and playing with half a team of loanees and looking defunct of ideas and 3rd division bound. You know better though and will come bouncing back on this forum to say otherwise just so you dont look wrong...which you are. A real fan would be at games but you keep coming up with pathetic excuses why not. Piss off and dont comment if you dont go.

Solution?? Not sure but it certainly aint Chisholm and the poisoned dwarf Dodds who do nothing for team harmony

If you are going to use insults, you are the fool because;
a) I asked about the league (the Cups under Robbo illustrate exactly just how shite we were and how we underperformed in the league - and how we SHOULD'VE been performing in the league, but didn't.
b) He was sacked due to being shite and we were heading nowhere but downwards.
c) Chisholm might need the boot too, I'm not advocating he keep his assistant job nor any of the management team - I'm taking about Roberson because someone else brought him into it.
d) Robertson had loads of loan players.
e) I might not go to games anymore after 27 years... THANK FUCK. Others will decide to do the same - but I CAN talk about Robertson as I was a season ticket holder under his tenure
f) I'm not a real fan anymore.....you're right, so what?
g) I'll comment on what I want.

If above sounds patronising, it's because you are a fool.

We are a shambles at the moment. I won`t be going back this season. Won`t bother posting on here either as won`t be fair it i don`t attend games. Sack the board, useless cunts!!

What can the board do at the moment? Sack Chisholm who is the no2 to Durie? Would that not undermine Durie while he is recovering? The loan players from hibs are poor and we must have young lads in the u20 that would play for the jersey. The board will need to make decisions quick because the management situation at the present time is not working. Is Durie able to come back or not, this must have an unsettling effect on the team. The problem is we never look like scoring and the result last week must have been a freak result and fucked up the videprinter in the whole of the uk with the shock of the 6 goals scored!!

Durie assembled the team and backroom set up. They should all do the decent thing and resign.

I'm looking forward to each game now, as less an less of the moaning bampots are going to be at them.

Jocky
I'm looking forward to each game now, as less an less of the moaning bampots are going to be at them.

So, are you in the Trust, Jocky ? You never responded before.

Course I am, as well as the SC and... I put money in the managers fund. I'm an East Fife supporter through and through. Surprised you haven't sussed that out by now SPF?

St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

What is the point in being in the Trust but not attending games. Seems pointless. Hate fickle fans that don't attend games but feel in a position to comment on management and players etc. Please explain how you are in a position to comment on such when you clearly admit you dont even attend games. Piss off until you watch a game

Realist
St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

What is the point in being in the Trust but not attending games. Seems pointless. Hate fickle fans that don't attend games but feel in a position to comment on management and players etc. Please explain how you are in a position to comment on such when you clearly admit you dont even attend games. Piss off until you watch a game

I already did. Someone brought John Robertson into it, I was a season ticket holder under his disasterous tenure - so I can comment on someone wanting us to beg John Robertson to come back.

I joined the Trust when I was a season ticket holder. Jocky asked me if I was in the Trust, I was then curious as to whether he was in the Trust. East Fife are my team, I care about my team and what happens to it. I choose not to go to games as I grew to hate it. I hate the strips, the unbelievable underachievement last season, the atmosphere, the football and the fact we're light years behind Cowdenbeath for no good reason.

You are quite dim.

St Pauli Fifer
Realist
St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

I already did. Someone brought John Robertson into it, I was a season ticket holder under his disasterous tenure - so I can comment on someone wanting us to beg John Robertson to come back.

I joined the Trust when I was a season ticket holder. Jocky asked me if I was in the Trust, I was then curious as to whether he was in the Trust. East Fife are my team, I care about my team and what happens to it. I choose not to go to games as I grew to hate it. I hate the strips, the unbelievable underachievement last season, the atmosphere, the football and the fact we're light years behind Cowdenbeath for no good reason.

You are quite dim.

You call me dim yet you quote east fife are your team and you care about your team but dont go to the games.....eh thatmakes me dim?! Sone "supporter" you are.

I haven't been to a game in a while because I have lost my enthusiasm for it, I still love East Fife fan and it hurts to see us being embarassed week after week. If you are happy paying £13 to watch gutless and very poor footballers then bash on, if that makes you a better fan then so be it. Sooner or later the board are going to have to make a decision. We don't even have a manager at the moment for feck sake. We are a shambles.

Joe
I haven't been to a game in a while because I have lost my enthusiasm for it, I still love East Fife fan and it hurts to see us being embarassed week after week. If you are happy paying £13 to watch gutless and very poor footballers then bash on, if that makes you a better fan then so be it. Sooner or later the board are going to have to make a decision. We don't even have a manager at the moment for feck sake. We are a shambles.

At last, a sensible post!

I would like to know how far the board want us to sink before they do something.Latest stats for our management team is 6 wins in 22 games,one league win since april.Last week brechin lost three nil to ten men and their manager was out by lunch time sunday.I cannot for the life of me see why you would change a team that won six two the week before,why he dropped the goalie from last week only chilsom would know.There must be something really wrong for mcormack to comment like that.He must see that these loan signings playing every week no matter how bad they were the week before.It breaks my heart to see east fife sink this bad.I have always said it, this loan signing rule is a farce,no team should be allowed more than 2.We had 5 in our team yesterday it is close to cheating.We are paying big time for a lack of planning pre season and getting the right players signed.I will be surprised if the board dont act this week,they certainly have a decision to make as 6 wins in 22 games is brutal in anyones language.The biggest let down for any football fan, is to think that the players wearing their clubs colours,are not trying and dont give a fuck,and im getting this feeling right now about some in the black and gold.I really think a fresh start is needed for all concerned.

In all fairness McCormack doesn't seem the brightest individual to post on Twitter. His comments look and sound like the rantings of a 16 year old.

Dirty Harry
Joe

At last, a sensible post!

Sensible??? What is sensible about somebody stating he loves something (East Fife in this case), and then goes on to slag off the very thing he loves??

'You always hurt the one you love
The one you shouldn't hurt at all...'

From Hibs website after sighing Sean Murdoch (keeper) on loan till Jan.

"We felt that it would be beneficial for Calum to get a regular run of first team games with East Fife. His loan move will give him more experience and help his development."

Is this competition for Brown and Collier.

Are the other loanees the same, get a game every week regardless of how they play.

No wonder the signed players and fans are not happy.

I cannot believe some of the rubbish which has been written on here regarding calum antell. I watched the game on sat and apart from one mistake for the first goal he did everything well especially on his debut playing behind a new back four. Some of the comments that he is a cocky bastard u dont even know the lad ! If this is the welcome he gets after your management requested his services he is better off going back to hibs, its disgraceful abuse after just 1 game. He had a outstanding season last year so throw him some slack he is a quality keeper and there were numourous clubs baying for his signature. He commanded his box controlled the back four first half even had a round of applause for his footballing skills when he had a crap back pass and rounded their striker. It was from his excellent catch and accurate kick out that caused the red card incident. Granted he dropped a clanger for the first goal he was convinced it was going wide of the post u saw how embarressed he was after that goal. No chance for the 2nd crap marking and a deflection off his defender for the third which he nearly saved. For the record your keeper is injured thats why your management team requested calum ! Do abit of homework enter calum antell saves in google and see his previous reports. Please give me a list of keepers who havnt made a mistake il be interested to know.

Well said.

Hope Calum doesn't take it personally Andy
The problem is he has been brought in, probably on condition that he plays every week, to replace who many feel is the best keeper in the second division & who we are lead to believe will be fit to play for our next game.
Michael Brown has saved East Fife from utter humiliation in games this season & his reward when returning from injury would appear to be a seat in the trench! Now maybe the medical team have said that he wont be fit & that Andy Collier couldn't risk playing any longer due his back injury! We'll probably never know!
None of that is Calum Antell's doing but rather that of a management that has run of of ideas & are clutching at straws to turn things around.
Calum's blunder for the first goal on Saturday was to make an assumption that the ball was going passed the post but not being alert enough cover it in any case. Those of us who have watched John Gemmell over the years knew that the only thing he was going to do was shoot, perhaps Calum didn't think there were players at our level that would even try from that distance?
There is no doubt that his error turned a winnable game into a total collapse but then others were even more culpable for just throwing in the towel!

Can i just say that maybe, just maybe all of this could of been solved by one simple statement from the club.

A reason as to why he was signed. Maybe an injury update on our two keepers?

Maybe what could be solved??

From the EF website -

"With the East Fife goalkeeping pool having been plagued by injuries in recent weeks, Calum will be a very welcome addition to the first-team squad at Bayview Stadium."

maybe the confusion??

Collier was on the bench on Saturday and Michael Brown stated on Facebook he was available for selection.

Be nice to know whats going on.

Arheja
Can i just say that maybe, just maybe all of this could of been solved by one simple statement from the club.

A reason as to why he was signed. Maybe an injury update on our two keepers?

and another statment in the EFM and on the Fife Today website from GC priot to the stenny game ....

"The return from injury of Michael Brown may help bring a stability to the defence but Saturday is likely to be too early for the ‘keeper.

Andrew Collier will once again deputise, despite also struggling.

He continues not to be able to train and has been taking painkillers to see himself through matches.
"

Supporters????

Can I please answer the main medical points on our two keepers, Michael Brown has had a calf injury for a few weeks now thus Andy Colliers game time.
Andy has had Sciatic problems and although recovering well now is still only 95% fit. The lad has not been able to train properly at all and has to be commended on his willingness to turn out for the team.

Michael has been receiving treatment also and only as of Thursday evenings training session was considered available to play even though he was still only 95% fit also. We cannot have players out for more than a week without giving them proper rehab/training sessions.

Bottom line here is the management required a fully fit Goalkeeper.

Hope this can explain some of the medical side of things,

Thank you Brian McNeill

I think directing all the anger for our brutal performances/results, and complete inability to defend properly (something that's been in steady decline ever since Steven Tweed left the club) on a young on loan keeper who's played once for us is a bit out of order.

What about shagger he had been playing not fully fit since the season started.