Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Boxing Day game vs Stenny

Our boxing day game has been brought forward to Saturday the 22nd.

Re: Boxing Day game vs Stenny

Why??????

So that the players can enjoy their Christmas day like the rest of us I suppose

No idea on the reasoning. But it's certainly fair enough on the players. I've not been to a boxing day game for a good few years now, in my opinion that day is set aside for one thing and one thing only...leftovers from the meal the day beforehand!

See they don't care about the fans

Santa
So that the players can enjoy their Christmas day like the rest of us I suppose

Maybe I'd enjoy Christmas Day if we weren't so fucking shite.

So the club swaps an almost certainly bigger crowd on Boxing Day for the last Saturday before Christmas, a day well known for crap attendances. Genius.

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind this.

Mad Man
So the club swaps an almost certainly bigger crowd on Boxing Day for the last Saturday before Christmas, a day well known for crap attendances. Genius.

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind this.

From the EFFC Facebook,

"This makes it easier for fans to get along."

Last Saturday before Christmas is known for low attendance and Boxing Day actually for bigger crowds.

It just gets better and better. Our board are clueless. Even the diehards are starting to turn there back on a once proud club. The sooner i win the Euro's and buy the club the better.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................

Surefire way to guarantee a smaller gate, but then we will have the millions from the Rangers game earning interest in the bank, so who needs fans Eh?

Have the club recieved the Rangers money yet? What are they intending using it for? Is it going to be for pitch covers? Any update on when Durie will be back? Are the club still intending signing Colin Samuel? Is there a reason why we have so many loan signings? What are the clubs plans for this season?

Curious
Have the club recieved the Rangers money yet? What are they intending using it for? Is it going to be for pitch covers? Any update on when Durie will be back? Are the club still intending signing Colin Samuel? Is there a reason why we have so many loan signings? What are the clubs plans for this season?

Oh! you'll get into bother for asking such probing questions. The fans job is not to question or criticize the wisdom of those ruining the club.

S-Pat
Curious

Oh! you'll get into bother for asking such probing questions. The fans job is not to question or criticize the wisdom of those ruining the club.

Well said S-Pat. The fans job obviously, is to support the team and not to run the club. Again well said.

Oops! You said ruin didn't you? Must have been a typo of course.

Jocky
S-Pat
Curious

Well said S-Pat. The fans job obviously, is to support the team and not to run the club. Again well said.

What would have happened if the fans just continued supporting the team and not ask questions when Brown was Chairman?

well I will be doing xmas shopping the saturday before xmas I am always last minute as I dont have time during the week as it is my busy time.

Well there's another home fixture I won't be at. Don't the club realise that not all supporters can make Saturday matches and Boxing Day was one of the few that is not on a Saturday but a public holiday where 99% of the fans will not be working (or shopping in this case).

No happy!

Travel Agent
Well there's another home fixture I won't be at. Don't the club realise that not all supporters can make Saturday matches and Boxing Day was one of the few that is not on a Saturday but a public holiday where 99% of the fans will not be working (or shopping in this case).

No happy!

Agreed i dont understand the logic behind this at all! The only thing i can think is that it may open the boxing day fixture up incase of games getting cancelled on the run up to the christams period. However it is typically around Jan / Feb time we tend to fall behind. This seems crazy!!

If we continue the way we are playing and are still in the bottom two then there'll be no-one there.

Apart from real fans like Jocky of course.

Jocky
S-Pat
Curious

I didn't even say the fans job was not to run or ruin the club but hey why spoil your fun Jocky.

Boxing day match switch fit your schedule ok?

Curious
Jocky
S-Pat
Curious

What would have happened if the fans just continued supporting the team and not ask questions when Brown was Chairman?

Reminder -

A: What really makes you think you should be told anything about that money?
B: Durie was told to take another month off work, which is exactly what is happening.
C: The club only had Samuel signed for 1 month anyway.
D: Reason for loan signings in the case of the keeper, was explained only a couple of days ago.
E: I can't believe you are asking such a daft question and who are you asking anyway, this is AFTN forum, not EFFC??
F: The team have had a run of bad results, that does not mean they are being run badly like the Brown days. Liverpool FC are not having a great start to the season either, do you think the board there are not wanting success?

As said earlier on AFTN, Dumbarton had a woeful start to last season and were promoted. When we were promoted from the 3rd in 2003, the following season we were top (or 2nd top) of the league at this stage AND, we were relegated!