Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BURGER Trip to Elgin 3/11/12

Choo Choo to Elgin for a jolly awayday.

Leaves Ink at 09.17, Kdy 09.33 change at Dundee and Aberdeen arrive in Elgin at 13.24.

Return 17.58 change at Aberdeen arrive Kdy 21.59 and Ink at 22.23.

Singles @ £15.10 x 2 = £30.20, unless you have advance card or over 55's then £19 return.

Re: BURGER Trip to Elgin 3/11/12

He's back and this time he's angry.. the fat controller returns.

Im in.

You would think Mr Controller would actually pay for all our tickets seeing that he still has the Elgin winnings from 3 seasons ago.

Poo Shoot
You would think Mr Controller would actually pay for all our tickets seeing that he still has the Elgin winnings from 3 seasons ago.

That hardly even covered half the cost of the East Coast (Bastards!)Berwick fiasco. £176 if my memory serves me right.

Is Faredodger going to try and re-enact the free Elgin trip which game him the nickname?

It was my first trip with the Burger Boys when the Fare Dodger did his thing.

He was almost caught out at Dundee when we changed trains, on the way home only non check of the actual tickets saved his hide.

The ticket collector never counted the tickets he just assummed he had one for each of us.

Wish I could join you lot on this trip, but it is not to be, hopefully I will manage over for next season's games.

If you book soon via Scotrail you will get 1/3 off your journey

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/autumnsale

Alan
If you book soon via Scotrail you will get 1/3 off your journey

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/autumnsale

Thanks, I looked at that but due to the strange sytem they have, 2 x £15.10 singles without the 1/3 off is cheaper.If you go through the promotional link it doesn't display the £15.10 fares so your 1/3 discount is off £46 I think!!

The £19 advance members fare is best.

Faredodger is in.

Yung Lee is in.

I am in. Veggie is not.

I have an advantage card.

Any update on tickets Mr Spat?

10 of us in total and there are enough Advance Members to cover everyone at the £19 rtn rate. I'll text everyone re the ticket purchase etc.

Is the dress code shell suits and cigars?

Is the dress code shell suits and cigars?

You can ask it as many times as ye want Droopy yir no gettin an answer. It a surprise.

I have the cigars and a packet of sweets. Anyone bringing a cheeky wee smile?

Have we sorted out who's driving the train? I'm happy to do the kdy to dundee leg.

I think we should buy the train. S-Pat still has the £10,000 winnings from the last Elgin trip.

Why didn'y you say earlier, I'd have chartered a train for us, it would save on the changeovers and ticket organisation. Next time then, and we must get that boat organised for the next Arbroath trip.

Just booked our choochoo tickets from Leuchars taking full advantage of the £19 deal PLUS my geriatric rail card.

I hope there aren't any rough people from West Fife on the train.

Eugene wish you all the best on the train as half the Burger Boys are from West Fife.
If nothing else you will be entertained
I always had a good time on the train with the Burger Boys & Girl, they took good care of me.

big rab
Eugene wish you all the best on the train as half the Burger Boys are from West Fife.
I always had a good time on the train with the Burger Boys & Girl, they took good care of me.

Rab, that because we like you. Margaret will be looked after but Eugene has no chance!!

big rab

How is the weather Rab?

Eugene Clarke
Just booked our choochoo tickets from Leuchars taking full advantage of the £19 deal PLUS my geriatric rail card.

Should all be fresh as daisies Eugene!

big rab

Was a great trip to Elgin that day Rab, the day the Faredodger legend was born!

Tam the answer regarding the weather temp . here today.

Heavy Fog until about 8:30 am then a hi of 21 C and a lo of 15 C. tonite

Saturday thru Wednesday some Fog in the AM then temps of hi's 29 C to 33 C

Lo's 11 C to 15 C.

This weather is sure hard on a person as one is never sure how to dress.

Wishing all of you whether you are going by Bus or Train a safe journey and

a good result in our favour.

It's sunny and 21 degrees in fife today also. Has been like that since the start of March. As my dad says, the sun shines on the righteous.

Eugene Clarke

....careful with that spliff Eugene it's causing condensation.....

What a fucking disaster, one of the worst away trips ever, results wise anyway. Only the 2nd time ever I + 12 others left with 15 minutes to go, what a piece of crap! Would love to hear what the board have planned now because that was utter crap.
Yet again, why no investment of the Rangers money, or are we not alowwed to ask about that!.

If this continues then the crowds at Bayview will dwindle ever more