Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Steven Hislop Twitter:

"Breaking news to come out of East Fife soon #justsaying"

Interesting, any ideas?

Re: Steven Hislop Twitter:

Management changes #idexpect

Unlucky lads. #fail

Collin Samuel finally eligible to play?

Nothing hissy is a biter man that can't let east fife go he should maybe concentrate on his own career rather than slate our beloved club !!

Methilmadman
Nothing hissy is a biter man that can't let east fife go he should maybe concentrate on his own career rather than slate our beloved club !!

Just to let the fife fans who still love hissy, he scored 2 and 2 assists on saturday. Bo'ness beat St Andrews 6 1 at StAndrews. Dont you just wish we had Hissy now!!

At least he's found his level. That's about half what he managed for East Fife in a whole season. Good luck to the boy.

Missalot
At least he's found his level. That's about half what he managed for East Fife in a whole season. Good luck to the boy.

Gave a 100% more than the fans are saying about half the team this season!

gladstone fifer
Methilmadman

Just to let the fife fans who still love hissy, he scored 2 and 2 assists on saturday. Bo'ness beat St Andrews 6 1 at StAndrews. Dont you just wish we had Hissy now!![/quot

No. Would rather have Brian Blair.

A bit like our national team, our problems this season are not particularly related to finding the net.
Hissy is probably missed more off the field than on it. Just ask Ryan Wallace the influence he had on him during his time at Bayview.

Scottish Steve

Interesting, any ideas?

Builders move in tomorrow to start work on new terracing
Rankine comes clean about club shares
East Fife to takeover debt ridden Raith Rovers and merge. New club name, East Fife
Ryan Wallace hates life at Dunfermline and seeks dream move back to Bayview
Jocky slams club hierarchy and poor team performances, calls for Board to resign

Sorry that last one was a joke. There is nae chance of that happening.

Don`t know why Hissy would post that, i`m sure we will all find out tho. Clearly there is something wrong at club just now.
He can score as much goals as he wants at St Andrews tho, he simply wasn`t good enough for the Fife in the end, couldn`t run and his shooting was terrible. Good player back in the day aw the same.

Hissy's at Bo'ness united not St Andrews but we get the gist!

Methilmadman

Nothing??

Methilmadman

Is that the same beloved club that gets slagged off every day on AFTN?

You beat me to it.

Cynic
Methilmadman

I think it's the people running the club that are getting slated. They are not the club. Just saying...

Kerriann
Cynic
Methilmadman

I think it's the people running the club that are getting slated. They are not the club. Just saying...

What constitutes the 'club'? Are you saying that the board, management and players are not part of the club then?

Scottish Steve

Interesting, any ideas?

Shows the small minded ness of the man.

No respect for the fact our manager is ill with( at the very least) a concerning illness and he feels the need to post tittle tattle like that. Whatever Chis's strengths or weakness's he was covering for our manager - allegedly unpaid.

Seem to remember a programme interview with Hissy shortly after he joined us . In it he refuted rumours about him being a disruptive influence at Livi and fall outs with management team - if the Twiiter post is true then I'm not so sure the Livi rumours didn't have substance.

Either way would not like this guy anywhere near Bayview at any time in the future.

Agree - he seems to be a stirrer and a trouble maker.

He seems to take pleasure when something goes wrong at EFFC.

Not a nice guy and he should stick to spec fitting...

I think you will find that if you read his tweets he has on numerous occasions stated his wish for Durie to get well soon to help East Fife fortunes. That would appear to me that he cares for the club but its small minded people like you two above just want to stick a knife in to Hissie. Grow up and dont make assumptions until you know the facts. Footballers maybe shouldnt tweet but he isnt a footballer anymore so can say what he wants just like you have done when you have been slaughtering our club. There are other more important things that need to be addressed within the club at the moment. If you are on twitter then dont follow Hissie if it bothers you that much or tweet him back...

Agreed.

I know from a fellow pro that player's dont like the big man due to the fact he goes behind their backs and he is not liked in dressing rooms. I liked hissy, Very easy to talk too and always looked like he had the club at heart. As a player very poor but took alot of stick so that would not help his performances on the pitch.

Source? Which player?

I've heard him before mouthing off at the end of a game when he was an unused sub during Robbo's reign. He'll be no miss and Bo'ness are welcome to him. I see had was bad mouthing Jim Weir on twitter after his sacking on twitter.

You would be moaning if he was laughing and joking at end of a game for being an unused sub. Half of Scottish football league players were mouthing off about Jim Weir including our players so get real.

Here's a solution. Dont follow Steve on Twitter or be man enough to tweet him back which we all know you wont do. Ask Jim Corstorphine about him as he close with the big man as he is an East Fife stalwart. Steve was defending him the other day on facebook when some of our half wit fans were having a pop at Jim. Read his tweets and i bet you find a lot saying very little against the club. Stop shit stirring!

Hear, hear.

If told you then that would not be nice on the player himself. At the end of the day he is away and is not a east fife player now so just leave it. Steve goes down as one of the worst players ever to have played for eastfife but as a person i liked the lad .

One of the worst strikers I've ever seen in an East Fife jersey.

I cant believe we are still discussing this man. He was absolutely horrific for us, is desperately bitter about being let go and spends most of his time on twitter taking cheap digs at us.

Perhaps if he'd dropped to park football 10 years ago he wouldn't have been considered a flop by the fans of every team he played for in that period.

#justsayin #bitterexplayer #publeaguesuperstar #flattrackbully #badegg

I have never met the guy, dont follow him on twitter or anything else so I've no idea what type of man he is but I do think some of the comments are getting a bit out of order now. Maybe time to delete this thread mods, it's not serving any purpose as far as I can see.

BTW if some you think that Steve Hislop is the worst striker you've ever seen playing for East Fife I can only assume you're young, have a short memory or both. There have been far, far worse strikers that have worn the black and gold over the years than Hislop.

We've not had a poorer striker who played as many games for East Fife. Yeah we've had worse players but these were found out and dropped after a few games.

Why not ask some of the players that Hissy played alongside? Absolutely ridiculous to suggest that he was a terrible player. His goals per game ratio wasn't the best but there is more to the striking role than finding the target.

Leave Steve alone you morons.His tweet revealed there was news about to break at East Fife,thats all.Obviously he had heard before all of us,if he had spilled the beans before it was announced I would have been critical of him but he didnt.This man gave his all for the Fife in the couple of seasons he was with us its just a pity some of the current crop we have now dont have the same heart or commitment that Steve had.

Theotherbob
Leave Steve alone you morons.His tweet revealed there was news about to break at East Fife,thats all.Obviously he had heard before all of us,if he had spilled the beans before it was announced I would have been critical of him but he didnt.This man gave his all for the Fife in the couple of seasons he was with us its just a pity some of the current crop we have now dont have the same heart or commitment that Steve had.

LOLZ

Theotherbob

Hiya Steve

Arnie
Theotherbob

Hiya Steve

Must have some ability to post and play at same time as him and big Davie White were playing against Bonnyrigg and won again

Chris Campbell
Arnie
Theotherbob

Hiya Steve

Must have some ability to post and play at same time as him and big Davie White were playing against Bonnyrigg and won again

I'm afraid they kicked off at 2:30 pm mate.

You really think Hissy would be checking and posting on AFTN while preparing for a game?
Obviously paranoia goes beyond Sevco fans these days.

Get a grip of yerself

Many on here keep going on about his scoring record but i like to think of his contribution he made for East Fife on our best cup run in decades...played superb at center-half against Dunfermline when we were short of players,clearing off the line with the final touch of the game then scored his penalty against Aberdeen to help us through to the quarter finals.
Thanks for the efforts Hissy

Fifer
You really think Hissy would be checking and posting on AFTN while preparing for a game?
Obviously paranoia goes beyond Sevco fans these days.

Get a grip of yerself

he is obsessed with us

kenwit
Many on here keep going on about his scoring record but i like to think of his contribution he made for East Fife on our best cup run in decades...played superb at center-half against Dunfermline when we were short of players,clearing off the line with the final touch of the game then scored his penalty against Aberdeen to help us through to the quarter finals.
Thanks for the efforts Hissy

Totally agree.there is some utter drivel being posted here.

That performance against the Pars was without a doubt one of the finest in the last twenty years. And I'm talking team not Hissy here, although he was at the heart of it. Some contributors should hang their heads in shame. They obviously were not at Bayview that night.

GROW UP THE FUCKIN LOT O' YOUS!!!!!!!!!

Arnie
Chris Campbell
Arnie
Theotherbob

Hiya Steve

I'm afraid they kicked off at 2:30 pm mate.

So he wouldnt be doing the warm up. Nah he would have his phone in his sock. What a thick twat you are? Goes to show how clever you are. Muppet!!

Pissed off East Fife fan
GROW UP THE FUCKIN LOT O' YOUS!!!!!!!!!

Yup. I think this thread has run it's course now, so let's close it, move on and forget about him FFS.