Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Assistant Manager Gordon Chisholm

The club is sorry to announce that Gordon Chisholm has decided to resign as Assistant Manager. We are grateful to Gordon for the work he has put in to the club, especially in recent weeks when he took over in Gordon Durie’s absence. We wish him all the best in the future.

The existing coaching staff will take over the day to day running of the team until the manager returns to full fitness.

We also announce the departure of defender Andrew Cook who has decided to resign from the club in order to concentrate on other interests.. We wish Andrew all the best in his chosen career.

Re: Assistant Manager Gordon Chisholm

Oaft.

Interesting times ahead to say the least. Rookie manager on his sick bed, fed-up players, squad lacking quality and depth, bottom of the table, crowds falling..

Billy Dodds?

Bob Malcolm to take over in the interim ? Who else has the experience to take it on ? Hopefully Gordon Durie is fit and able to take the reins again very soon. Will he be allowed to bring in another Assistant ? If yes, who ? We need to get a bit of harmony back to the squad and everyone pulling in the same direction and giving 100% to the cause at all times. Gordon Chisholm never looked particularly interested or he was just very laid back which looked as though it rubbed off on the players. Hopefully this can help to kickstart our season and get back on track to at least survival this season

Well done the board taking action. Oh wait

Dave Clarke to assist Durie. You know it makes sense.

This must have has something to do with darren mcormack posting on his twitter? It makes chisholm look like he had lost the dressing room and the player's not wanting to play for him. The club should take action on this because things that happen in the dressing room stay there and darren has made this public for all to read. We are a club going into the 3rd division and fast and i dont think we can get out of this.

Agree

The only surprise about this is it has taken until thursday for this to happen.Not sure where that leaves durie as time is crucial if we are to turn this shambles around.I knew action would be taken this week as the results and performances have been disatrous.One league win since april speaks for itself.

Is it time we thank Durie for his efforts and get in an experienced manager to sort out this mess.

Gordon Durie's record this season before he took ill was a win v Peterhead (a), defeat v The Rangers (a), draws v Alloa (a) and QOS (h). And you want him sacked???

Yes!

In my view we would be better having a clean start as too much water has passed under the bridge.Just like crawford a gamble on a rookie manager has failed big time.

Fact of the matter is though, who will take the East Fife job if Durie was to get sacked?
No one will be wanting to take over a team that's 2nd bottom and with no option of buying anyone until January.
We should be sticking by the current manager and giving him until a least January to prove himself before any change is made. He has played at the top level long enough to be able to know what's working and what's not.
I would actually welcome mr hislop as his new number 2 before dodds or Malcolm.
In my opinion we have changed our manager far too much far too quickly and no one has been given the chance to prove they have the balls to get us out a mess, for example every time we have changed manager yes we pick up as a team and start playing then what happens after that? We are poor again the following season.
Lets just see what happens eh and stick by whoever is in charge.
Rant over....Mon the fife

Fifer
Gordon Durie's record this season before he took ill was a win v Peterhead (a), defeat v The Rangers (a), draws v Alloa (a) and QOS (h). And you want him sacked???

A win against a 3rd division team in a mickey mouse competition does not exactly get the pulses racing but that said, there were signs in the QoS game that we could compete with a good side. Howver we need to know when Gordon is likely to be back, if it is going to be another month say then the club cannot allow things to just drift along.

The Board is going to have to make a big decision soon or give an indication when Gordon will be back.

It's very strange timing for Chisholm to simply walk away, particularly with the on-going position regarding Gordon Durie's health.
Could he not have stuck it out for another couple of weeks until Durie returned?

Very strange.

St Pauli Fifer

Yessss!! I actually agree with you on this one SPF.

We need someone now,waiting on Durie to recuperate really is not an option.The season is still young and anybody coming in now will at least have a little time to sort out this mess and be ready and aware of what we need come transfer window time.

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer

Also agree! Isn`t it great when everyone gets along??

If Gordon Durie is on medical sick leave it is against the law for EFFC to take any action regarding his position as manager.

I for one think that with the right backroom staff our young manager will prove to be a good appointment.

BrianL
If Gordon Durie is on medical sick leave it is against the law for EFFC to take any action regarding his position as manager.

I for one think that with the right backroom staff our young manager will prove to be a good appointment.

Don't agree we should get rid of Durie just yet but you are wrong to say it would be against the law.

Tam
Jocky
St Pauli Fifer

It'll never last Tam! Give it an hour or so and we'll be back to deleting posts and banning folk!

Kerriann
Tam
Jocky
St Pauli Fifer

It'll never last Tam! Give it an hour or so and we'll be back to deleting posts and banning folk!

So you`re calling me a liar then? eh? Are you? eh? I don`t know, some folk are always so bloody negative!! Really is pathetic!!

Don`t know how long Durie will be off sick but if he`s not back soon i think it`s time he was replaced, we are in a bad way at the moment and someone needs to get us back on track to stay in this div.

Arnie
BrianL

Don't agree we should get rid of Durie just yet but you are wrong to say it would be against the law.

Ok, maybe illege was the wrong word to use but it sure muddies the waters as far a EFFC is concerned.

About time Collumbine called it a day too as he has done little of note apart from naming the downstairs bar after himself, East Fife legend that he is.

Spirit of the Mound
About time Collumbine called it a day too as he has done little of note apart from naming the downstairs bar after himself, East Fife legend that he is.

Craig Levein will be available after tonight's game!

"It is understood that Chisholm,who has been standing in during Durie's absence for the last eight weeks,felt he could no longer combine his work at the club with his business interests and has decided to step down.
Courier,today.

He was apparently doing the job for nothing.

I don't think there are any threads on this forum, that don't have somebody making either a sarcastic comment, or having a whinge. They just can't help themselves, can they? It' the same ones all the time.

Observer
I don't think there are any threads on this forum, that don't have somebody making either a sarcastic comment, or having a whinge. They just can't help themselves, can they? It' the same ones all the time.

I hope you realise the irony of that post.

Bukakke Fifer
Observer

I hope you realise the irony of that post.

"Irony" - does that mean sort of like iron?

Fell a bit flat, that one.

KotS
Fell a bit flat, that one.

You have to be steaming to appreciate it

Am I being pressed for an answer?

What I'm saying is, I wasn't exactly creasing myself.

No need to be shirty!

pie