Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
line up v qos - oct 28th

1-Antell 2-Durie 3-mccormack 4-campbell 5-forster 6-muir 7-willis 8-pollock
9-mcmanus 10-barr 11-sloan
subs 12-johnstone 14-smith 15-wardlaw 16-jamieson 21-collier

Re: line up v qos - oct 28th

1 nil down after 3 mins Lyle

Liam Anderson
1 nil down after 3 mins Lyle

Any real surprise?

1-0 down against the team top of the league, who r unbeaten...id say were still in game with a chance.....cmon the fife

Come on Fife! how many travel today?

Far too many to watch this garbage time the loaned players went back to their clubs except bobby barr none of them are worth a fuck bring back broony .

That's a bit harsh Zak, none of the trialists can be blamed for today's result.
We started badly as they came at us from the start and lost a bad goal to a free header from a corner.
Queens played very direct football throughout the game and we struggled to cope with them running straight at us and they had a few chances.
The Queens keeper made a great save from a Willis shot, but other than that we offered little in the final third, we came more into the game in the second half but again we were toothless up front.
In my opinion we deserved to take something from the game?

Thought that was a decent performance today,played 5 in midfield and mcmanus upfront himself.Queens came out the traps fast and forced 3 quick corners,a free header with the 3rd one saw us one down.We didnt panic and with sloan pulling the strings in the centre of midfield we played some decent stuff and kept possesion well.A good move down the right saw willis bring out a gret save from their keeper.All our trouble was coming down the left side where mcormack was getting a roasting,he had to go off with an injury and stonnie came on at left back and coped much better with their threat.Queens had pace to burn and they could have improved their lead before half time but for a couple of poor finishes and a couple of good saves from antell.Second half we were much better without creating much,and our defence was superb limiting queens to two or three half chances.We began to think we could get something from the game and applied a bit of pressure last 10 minutes.We put on wardlaw and withdrew a midfield player but just never got a break in front of goal.Captain for the day was stevie cambell and he was outstanding.Sloan had a good game as did div muir.Shagger worked his socks off treading a lone path up front.If we play like that next week at elgin im sure awin is on the cards

fan67
.If we play like that next week at elgin im sure awin is on the cards

Is there a bus going ?

I'm not going to pick out individuals but many of our regulars were no better or worse than the loan players and that has been the case in all of our games this season. It's a team game and I am quite sure that if the effort put in is 100% there will be no finger pointing amongst the players.

iv heard from a number of people that shagger has been playing with a injury he picked up at brechin last year, i know he is a goal scorer but i have to ask why sign a injured player, and why are the club not doing anything to help by gettin him to a surgeon to get it sorted,common sence to do so i would think .

He`ll huff and he`ll puff for 90 mins but saying he is a goal scorer is a bit of an exaggeration.
He certainly isn't prolific.

ed smart
iv heard from a number of people that shagger has been playing with a injury he picked up at brechin last year, i know he is a goal scorer but i have to ask why sign a injured player, and why are the club not doing anything to help by gettin him to a surgeon to get it sorted,common sence to do so i would think .

Opinion
He`ll huff and he`ll puff for 90 mins but saying he is a goal scorer is a bit of an exaggeration.
He certainly isn't prolific.

Harsh ? Every club he has been at scores 15-20 a season. This year he has not been the same player we saw at bayfiew when he scored playing for brechin and if its true he is playing with some sort of injury then he has to rest and get sorted. Mcmanus is a goal scorer but is geting older so will find it harder to score goals although last year he scored 18 with a team that finished 8th.