Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fife Cup Semi Final

The forthcoming Fife Cup Semi Final Match, Burntisland Shipyard v East Fife, will take place at Bayview Stadium on Tuesday 6th November 2012 with a 7.30pm kick off.
The entry cost will be;
Adults - £5.00
Concessions - £3.00

Re: Fife Cup Semi Final

Night of the Champions League (on council tv) and it's likely to be pissing wet and freezing cold. How do the club decide to attract fans for a glorified friendly/reserve game, charge a fiver. Aye very good. A Dad wanting to take his boy £8 for the privilege. And people wonder why kids are more interested in the big teams they see on tv. Totally lost touch with the fans now.

Paolo
Night of the Champions League (on council tv) and it's likely to be pissing wet and freezing cold. How do the club decide to attract fans for a glorified friendly/reserve game, charge a fiver. Aye very good. A Dad wanting to take his boy £8 for the privilege. And people wonder why kids are more interested in the big teams they see on tv. Totally lost touch with the fans now.

Would love to get in for nothing but don't think £5 is asking too much, in my opinion.

p.s Think after sat result you will see the first team players being told to play this fixture.

Why not include a pie and a tea or bovril in the admission price ? Wouldn't cost too much but may encourage a few more through the gate - worth a try surely ?

After Saturdays performance at elgin wasn't that great I herd from most on here and durie has left today. Am going to the game on Tuesday hopefully if its the first team then I hope to see some reaction on the park and I'm no going to sit watch football on TV after all its my birthday that day and enjoy being a supporter even though its a meanless game for everyone. Mon the fife!

Burntisland have nothing to fear. Easy passage to the next round for them.

Take more than a free pie & bovril. Fillet steak cooked medium rare with a bucket of chips wouldn't tempt me.

Just dinnae you be bringing chips in again, Bayviewboy.

KotS
Just dinnae you be bringing chips in again, Bayviewboy.

Haha I've learnt my lesson although I've got permission of the board - I'll bring fritters instead !!!!

East Fife Football Club
The forthcoming Fife Cup Semi Final Match, Burntisland Shipyard v East Fife, will take place at Bayview Stadium on Tuesday 6th November 2012 with a 7.30pm kick off.
The entry cost will be;
Adults - £5.00
Concessions - £3.00

why are we being charged £5/£3 for these reserve games and yet Friday 2nd Nov. Raith Rovers Res v Rangers Res was priced at £2/£1???

Anyone from the club care to explain

kenwit
East Fife Football Club
The entry cost will be;
Adults - £5.00
Concessions - £3.00

why are we being charged £5/£3 for these reserve games and yet Friday 2nd Nov. Raith Rovers Res v Rangers Res was priced at £2/£1???

At the risk of sounding like Jocky here, you are being charged a fiver to go because that is what the club feel is an appropriate charge for a game like this. I don't think the club needs to explain this at all

Either go or don't bloody go. I think five pounds is fair enough but if no-one turns up then the club might get the message that its too much for some folk.

I thought the question was clear enough "anyone from the club care to explain"? Unless you've become a club spokesman???

kenwit
East Fife Football Club
The entry cost will be;
Adults - £5.00
Concessions - £3.00

Have you tried calling the club or e-mailing to ask ?

I assumed that the original thread was posted by the club so in relation to ur question then I am asking them for an answer, unless it was a fan that kindly posted the match info

Perhaps it wont be EF reserve team.

Even more so ,now that there is a new manager.

The reason for the charges is that, as this is a Fife Cup tie, the prices are set by the Fife Association.

The club is obliged to follow the Association instructions on this.

Hope this answers the queries.

It answers the question relating to the Fife Cup but is it not £5 for reserve games also?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............................

Eugene Clarke
The reason for the charges is that, as this is a Fife Cup tie, the prices are set by the Fife Association.

The club is obliged to follow the Association instructions on this.

Hope this answers the queries.

Thanks Eugene for giving the clubs answer to my question instead of speculation from others.

£5 for reserve league fixture, will this be reviewed?

Any score updates or line up info?

4-1 up after 30 mins. Sloan, McBride, Muir and Willis.

cheers,i cant make tonights game,so any updates or the team line-up would be welcome.i think its ideal that billy brown gets a look at the squad in action before our next league game.

5-1 Willis again

6-1 McBride

7-1 Willis hat trick

8-1 McBride hat trick

Looked like Malcolm taking the team tonight.

Thought we pissed all over them for the first 20 minutes and it really could of been 12-13 in the first half alone. Barr, Willis and McBride looking dangerous up front.

Surely that cant be shipyards first choice keeper? He actually had a belly and man boobs! He was huge.

Enjoyable night good to see a good few goals go in, but the real work starts this sat, hopefully we get a decent turn-out to cheer BB and the boys on.

Video of one of the goals tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qnilnhfh7g&feature=youtu.be

grant1903
cheers,i cant make tonights game,so any updates or the team line-up would be welcome.i think its ideal that billy brown gets a look at the squad in action before our next league game.

Copied from shipyard website....

Methil men prove too strong for Shipyard

With the club still smarting from their heavy defeat to Elgin City in the Scottish Cup and a new manager to impress, it was the East Fife first team squad that the Shipyard had to face at Bayview in the Fife Cup semi final. Ex-Shipyard player Craig Johnston was in the starting eleven but Gareth Wardlaw was sidelined due to injury. For the Shipyard Craig Hatton replaced the suspended Paul Ferrier and Steven Dow came in for the unavailable Owen McCue.

The East Fife players looked determined to impress the watching Billy Brown and within a couple of minutes Scott McBride shot wide after a corner fell to him. East Fife took the lead in the 8th minute when Robert Sloan found himself with space in the box and from around 12yards he slotted the ball beyond Martyn Melia in the Shipyard goal. The Shipyard stunned their hosts by equalising three minutes later when Liall Robertson received the ball just inside the area. He sidestepped a defender and rifled the ball into the corner of the net. Sadly for the Shipyard they could only stay level for a minute as Scott McBride, from a suspiciously looking offside position, ran on to a through ball and stroked the ball into the net. Two minutes later it was 3-1 when the Shipyard defence went to sleep and a free-kick played into the near post was easily converted by David Muir. It should have been 3-2 inside a minute when Craig Hatton burst through the East Fife rearguard. However, with keeper Michael Brown committed Hatton fired the ball straight at him when more composure would surely have seen him score. To rub salt into the Shipyard wound, East Fife went straight up the park and scored when Paul Willis lobbed Melia from the edge of the box. Paul Wilson missed a decent chance to pull a goal back for the Shipyard but it was Melia who was by far the busier keeper as he kept the East Fife attack at bay. Dow and Robertson had shots at goal for the Shipyard but neither gave Brown too many problems. East Fife scored a fifth goal just before half-time, again Willis ran onto a through ball and dispatched it beyond Melia.

The second half was bit more even in the early minutes before Melia was called into action in the 55th minute when he held a shot low to his right. A minute later a superb ball from Robertson picked out Hatton and he was unlucky to see his header come back off the bar. East Fife got their sixth goal in the 62nd minute when Wilson tried to be too clever in his own six yard box, lost possession, which led to an easy tap in for McBride. Melia made a good save when Craig Johnston was through one on one with him as East Fife kept up the tempo. The Shipyard players were still sticking to their task and were passing the ball around although no chances of note were being created. A seventh goal arrived in the 83rd minute when Willis completed his hat-trick with a powerful free-kick from the edge of the box. East Fife’s eighth and final goal arrived two minutes from time when McBride also completed his hat-trick when he rammed the ball into the net at the back post.

After the match manager Billy Whitehead was realistic enough to admit “With East Fife playing their first team it was always going to be a massive task for us. We made a lot of basic errors in conceding some of the goals but that can happen when you play a team from a much higher level. I thought we played some decent stuff and with a bit of luck we would have scored another couple of goals”.

Teams: East Fife: Brown; Durie; Johnston; Muir; McAllister; Campbell; Willis; Smith; McBride; Barr; Sloan. Subs: Collier; Jamieson; Pollock; Shaw; Wilson.

Burntisland Shipyard: Melia; Brown; Brough; Gray; Whyte; Wilson (Hay); Robertson; Lamont (Grieve); Hatton; Rutherford; Dow (Grubb). Unused Subs: Williams; Houston.

Referee: S. Lambie.