Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest....

1-0 Elgin

Re: Latest....

2-0

Changes made NOW!

A clear out is needed. Start a fresh with a new manager and assistant. This whole season has been a fucking joke!

i know this is the cup but were going down.
i wont be back

I feel sorry for Durie not getting a fair chance after his illness but he has to take responsibility for the team he's put out on the pitch.

Utter dross.

3-0

this is a fukkin descrase joke of a prefomence

sack the board.they are turning the club into a joke.

Glad I never made the effort to go. Was thinking about it cos I know I can't go to next week's game. Glad I'm not going to that either!

Play-off placed Elgin were 11/8 at home against a broken, managerless, 3rd division-bound team. Easy money. A home win today is not a shock

Can't take this anymore. New manager, new board, new team.

Agreed.

oh look 4-0

4-0 total joke

The whole squad is muck. 5-0

5-0

ARE YOU FUCKING READING THIS SID?????????

What a fucking disgrace.

5-0
Says it all.

Cowden win 8-1.

We're 0-5 down.

Well done to all the fans who made the trip - you deserve so much more. The Club must make a statement now. What is going on? We're still waiting for an answer.

PS: Seems the loan players weren't so bad after all?

5-0 now heads must roll now.starting from the top.a effing disgrace.

Starting lineup?

5 doesnt even flatter then it couls easily be 8 9 or 10 its embarresing

It's got past the funny stage, some of these players need to take a long hard look at themselves, if they don't want to play for EF then they should fook off right now. don't mind us losing games if they put the effort in but this shower just don't look like they give a fook.

Time for Durie to make a decision or the hopeless board to make it for him. That was Duries players out there and if that's them playing for their sick manager would hate to see what they would be like if they didn't care! The club is a complete shambles from a joke of a pre-season and bunch of faceless blazers on the board who seem happy to watch the team lurch from one embarrassment to another.
The players also need to take a long hard look at themselves as well. Far to many players just think they are playing pub league and watching some of them that would be about their level!

Could be worse, mind. Alloa gubbed 7-0 by a Third Division team.

Thank fuck I didnt invest my time and money in this game.Have supported EF for over 40 years but now am even considering missing home games.

Thank Christ we got knocked out before we had to face a non-league team.

KotS
Thank Christ we got knocked out before we had to face a non-league team.

Just back from game and the worst result in all my time as an eastfife fan. We started the game really well and should have been up 2-0 by half time. Mcmanus hit crossbar with a great strike from great play from muir then smith , mcbride missed good chances to get us the 1st goal. We stared with 4-4-2 and we put so much pressure on elgin for 30 min then they run up park and score very easy goal. The next goal was going to kill game and from corner elgin scored again with poor player from pollock. Its time to act now and as a fan i cant take anymore. It cost me alot of money the day and to say im angry is a understatement. Ive had enough and the the club has become a joke. Only players with pass marks is antel, muir , mcmanus the rest can get to france quick. Next week will be a big game but i dont think many will turn up and i dont blame them embarassing.

My 11 year old daughter plays for Glenrothes Strollers and puts more into a 40 min game than the current load of spineless gutless cowardly yellow backed lily livered talentless losers that are playing for E.F. do over 90 mins.
Apart from Broony,everybody please leave now,including management and board,go away please.
We are 3rd Division bound for sure.
Supporter for 38 years,aint going back EVER.

We scored more today than you shit's have scored for half the season now. No newco for you cunts next season. your the weest team in fife just after the shityard.get it up ya fucking erseholes o fife.ma cum ken's mair aboot fitba than yoooos.

I spoke to a player on friday and was told that the loan player's wont play against elgin and that Campbell,Muir ,Mcmanus,Wardlaw have all had injuries and were a big doubt for the game. This just shows how short we are as a squad that these player's had to play with knocks. Our 5 loan player's are what is making a very tight squad and we have to make change's in january window to bring in a squad that can compete against teams and most of all each other.The board have to take alot of blame and so do the players but surely we should have more competition for places in the team rather than playing injured player's

cowdengelly
ma cum ken's mair aboot fitba than yoooos.

thats exactly whaur yer cum is - in yer ma

If broony picked up any money for being sub keeper he should donate it to charity. I was really disapointed in his lack of professionalism during the half time warm-up. He's in the huff(understandidly) at being dropped so didn't go in goals forcing the young subs to shoot into an empty net. As one of the senior players at the club he should be setting an example. Really disapointed in his attitude at a time when the squad is in need of leadership and fight.

Broony is the best keeper at the club in terms of ability but with his current attitude, it's no surprise he's been dropped.

We need fighters not huffers.