Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Beyond embarrassing

My family have been involved with East Fife for 80 years and I can sadly say that both my grandad, who was chairman in the 60's and my dad who supported us for 50 years would be begging me to save my money more. Too many players that don't give a shit, a board that don't care or have a clue and a manager situation that, in the main is embarrassing. A club that is dying from within and one that I am struggling to support anymore. Good clubs give money back to supporters that part with their hard earned money to watch that shite

Re: Beyond embarrassing

East Football Club is an absolute shambles, on and off the park. A once proud club with an great history is being run by a bunch of hopeless, toothless so called Directors. Our ego tripping Chairman is fast becoming a puppet in the Derrick Brown mould. The situation with Rankine has to be sorted out and now and no more lies to the fans regarding this. One question I would ask is why has Rankine taken £100,0000 of the Rangers money? Where is this money going to? Dumbarton??

Also the situation with Gordon Durie can`t go on much longer. Either Gordon makes the decision or the club makes it for him. This is his team and the results and performances are a disgrace. We have (apart from a few) a team of gutless, spineless men who are pretending they are footballers. Why the hell is our best player and a guy who has saved us from even heavier defeats on the bench when he is fully fit??

Fans will now start to vote with their feet. I will still go and support the team but it breaks my heart to see my club being torn to shreds.

Gutted
Our ego tripping Chairman is fast becoming a puppet in the Derrick Brown mould.

Fast becoming? He has been that imposter since Day One.

Gutted
East Football Club is an absolute shambles, on and off the park. A once proud club with an great history is being run by a bunch of hopeless, toothless so called Directors. Our ego tripping Chairman is fast becoming a puppet in the Derrick Brown mould. The situation with Rankine has to be sorted out and now and no more lies to the fans regarding this. One question I would ask is why has Rankine taken £100,0000 of the Rangers money? Where is this money going to? Dumbarton??

Also the situation with Gordon Durie can`t go on much longer. Either Gordon makes the decision or the club makes it for him. This is his team and the results and performances are a disgrace. We have (apart from a few) a team of gutless, spineless men who are pretending they are footballers. Why the hell is our best player and a guy who has saved us from even heavier defeats on the bench when he is fully fit??

Fans will now start to vote with their feet. I will still go and support the team but it breaks my heart to see my club being torn to shreds.

Why still go and support them? Fuck that! EAST FIFE FC ARE TAKING THE PURE PISS OUT OF THE SUPPORT!

Hope the players are enjoying there pudding suppers that they have just got in aviemore they ARE just a bunch of puddings sack the board,, time for a mound day

H
Hope the players are enjoying there pudding suppers that they have just got in aviemore they ARE just a bunch of puddings sack the board,, time for a mound day

Surprised most of the players will be able to eat a pudding supper as there hands are too busy tweeting each other about going for a sunbed,getting there eyebrows done, meeting up for coffee, etc,etc.

Who said footballs a man's game!!!

6 months on and fuck all changed.

Time this board stood down!

There is no doubt we are in a mess on and off the field but do those who want an immediate mass resignation by the board have a solution to who runs the club. There is a large amount of administration involved in the day to day running of the club so who will do it ? Is there a team of five or six fans just waiting to give up their time to manage EFFC. Is there a team of five or six who can buy shares to meet the criteria for board membership ?
There are quite a few on here who sound as if the are ideally suited but the worry would be that if results weren't good they would just go shopping with their wives and start posting about why they stopped turning up and what the rest of the Directors are doing wrong.
Change is needed but there must be a plan in place. There are board members in place at the moment who have EFFC at heart and would continue to contribute.
A new board would still need to work with the the current majority shareholder.

Not The Other chairman
A new board would still need to work with the the current majority shareholder.

are we talking about Rankine. Can that shareholder not end his interest in us that he doesnt follow or on board at the club? he seems to be the talking point at bayview, was he not a member of Dumbarton FC he must be some millionaire to own two scottish clubs that are like a nightmare to run with only one stand.

someone needs to come in and run east fife fully, put a vision out for the club to follow and make changes how to run and improve the club fully but with rankine as a ghostly romanov figure this can be hard for any club and that club starts slowly going downhil......could be wrong or the board we have just simple give up because it all cost money etc... i mean stadium expansion behind the goals

btw can anyone know if julian danskin had any shares with us or have them been removed from the club once upon a time lol then thats a start....now we need a new board and a new team next season....

Looks like we have our first new board candidate,obviously someone with his finger on the pulse. Take a look at the share register. Do you see Neil Rankine,do you see Julian Danskin. The major shareholders, as far as Companies House is concerned,form a consortium with SC as the figurehead.
SC goes,the board goes but the consortium,if they wish,can determine most of what happens at Bayview.
You were probably reluctant to reveal the names of your fellow board members and the source of £250K-£350K to buy a 50% interest.

Not The Other chairman
Looks like we have our first new board candidate,obviously someone with his finger on the pulse. Take a look at the share register. Do you see Neil Rankine,do you see Julian Danskin. The major shareholders, as far as Companies House is concerned,form a consortium with SC as the figurehead.
SC goes,the board goes but the consortium,if they wish,can determine most of what happens at Bayview.
You were probably reluctant to reveal the names of your fellow board members and the source of £250K-£350K to buy a 50% interest.

Another sarcastic post from the man who has been chairman of the Trust for ten years but admits here he would not know what to do if the directors resigned. If anyone should have a plan, or know who would be ready and willing to step in, it should be YOU. It is outrageous that fans who articulate their frustration and anger on this forum are then subjected to derision from the very person who should be addressing the problems.
"We are in a mess on and off the field" says NTOC. That includes the total lack of leadership from the Trust chairman. Where other Trusts act, he sits back and says 'it's up to the members'. Then he criticises anyone who dares to call for change at East Fife, or points out that the ownership of the club is a sham. Pathetic.
You ask if there is a team of five or six fans waiting to take over. YOU SHOULD KNOW! What have you been doing all these years? If you want fans to run a community club, have you still not identified who they might be? After ten years?
You say change is needed but there must be a plan in place. What is the Trust for, if it is not for exploring or making such a plan? For selling raffle tickets? For you to feel important as the head of an organisation?
You tell someone to go and take a look at the share register, because Neil Rankine is not on it. That's it for you, isn't it? He's not on it, so nothing can be done.
Neil Rankine owns East Fife. What have you done to flush him out? Why do you want to dissuade supporters from the notion that Rankine pulls the strings? You have taken to describing the owners as a consortium. Why? There is one owner, whose shares are held by others to keep him off the register. You know that but you hide behind the illusion of the consortium.
But you are prepared to go along with this week after week, keep supporting the team, loyalty comes first no-matter if the club is heading for the Third Division and supporters have given up supporting. For any sake, there must be someone at the Trust with a pulse who can do better than this. An aversion to ridiculing fellow supporters should be enough to get anyone else the job.
'Beyond embarrassing' is the title of this thread. I couldn't agree more.

Great post by Also Raging.
Sums up the Chairman of the Trust quite nicely.
No doubt he`ll come back when he`s thought of another well worded post criticising lonelies and Saturday shoppers.
Fucking fud.

Well that got the girls off twitter and on to AFTN but some of the language is terrible.
As much as I appreciate the advice and the support I have neither the time nor the money to do the things you suggest. I know exactly what it will take to bring change at EFFC and as I said its £350K and 6-8 people with at least time and preferably some money to act as Directors. I do what my time allows me and openly admit that does not include finding someone with £350K and a love of EFFC.
Thanks again but I have forgotten what it was that you proposed at the last Trust meeting.

Brian, if we meet at Forfar or when you buy your programme on Tuesday night please tell me your plan. Your way with words could be invaluable

also raging
Not The Other chairman

Another sarcastic post from the man who has been chairman of the Trust for ten years but admits here he would not know what to do if the directors resigned. If anyone should have a plan, or know who would be ready and willing to step in, it should be YOU. It is outrageous that fans who articulate their frustration and anger on this forum are then subjected to derision from the very person who should be addressing the problems.
"We are in a mess on and off the field" says NTOC. That includes the total lack of leadership from the Trust chairman. Where other Trusts act, he sits back and says 'it's up to the members'. Then he criticises anyone who dares to call for change at East Fife, or points out that the ownership of the club is a sham. Pathetic.
You ask if there is a team of five or six fans waiting to take over. YOU SHOULD KNOW! What have you been doing all these years? If you want fans to run a community club, have you still not identified who they might be? After ten years?
You say change is needed but there must be a plan in place. What is the Trust for, if it is not for exploring or making such a plan? For selling raffle tickets? For you to feel important as the head of an organisation?
You tell someone to go and take a look at the share register, because Neil Rankine is not on it. That's it for you, isn't it? He's not on it, so nothing can be done.
Neil Rankine owns East Fife. What have you done to flush him out? Why do you want to dissuade supporters from the notion that Rankine pulls the strings? You have taken to describing the owners as a consortium. Why? There is one owner, whose shares are held by others to keep him off the register. You know that but you hide behind the illusion of the consortium.
But you are prepared to go along with this week after week, keep supporting the team, loyalty comes first no-matter if the club is heading for the Third Division and supporters have given up supporting. For any sake, there must be someone at the Trust with a pulse who can do better than this. An aversion to ridiculing fellow supporters should be enough to get anyone else the job.
'Beyond embarrassing' is the title of this thread. I couldn't agree more.

I don't gert it. Do you want to be Chairman of The Trust? Is that your beef?

Not The Other chairman
Do you see Neil Rankine,do you see Julian Danskin.

nah no on here but if you take a look at our worst chairman's we have had at Bayview its scary its goes from Danskin to Brown then Collumbine and that time only WG had been successful in running a club like East Fife. With fans coming on here saying sack the current board in the another topic i say to myself who are we going to replace or get in to do that job as a director or a chairman at this club...mean we are a club in a area of Methil and its rather depression to live in never mind trying to splash the cash on a football team unless we could get Michael Barrimore least he has been saving but come on who we going to get?
maybe rankine still puts in his cash to help us we dont know if these accounts that are shown could be actually true.

down with the shovel?
Not The Other chairman
Do you see Neil Rankine,do you see Julian Danskin.

nah no on here but if you take a look at our worst chairman's we have had at Bayview its scary its goes from Danskin to Brown then Collumbine and that time only WG had been successful in running a club like East Fife. With fans coming on here saying sack the current board in the another topic i say to myself who are we going to replace or get in to do that job as a director or a chairman at this club...mean we are a club in a area of Methil and its rather depression to live in never mind trying to splash the cash on a football team unless we could get Michael Barrimore least he has been saving but come on who we going to get?
maybe rankine still puts in his cash to help us we dont know if these accounts that are shown could be actually true.

Hm, I did get the club from bottom of the Third Division and near-insolvency to promotion and stability when I was Chairman 10 years ago. Don't be carried away with praise of a Chairman who actually contributed little and achieved less.

Difficult times these days but we've seen it before and lived to fight another day. That's football nowadays. Keep the faith, guys.

Bruce, why dont we see you at East Fife anymore? Why dont you come to games if you have the club at heart?

come on bruce
Bruce, why dont we see you at East Fife anymore? Why dont you come to games if you have the club at heart?

The club wont mind a extra director on board at the club if it means that so be it why dont you bruce? You could put the club back on track and kick some off these guys that are on the board to do their job properly and give them your exprience and show this mob how to earn a place in the directors box at bayview rather than a retirement camp of useless inputs for the team going forward.

mind the gap when crossing
come on bruce

The club wont mind a extra director on board at the club if it means that so be it why dont you bruce? You could put the club back on track and kick some off these guys that are on the board to do their job properly and give them your exprience and show this mob how to earn a place in the directors box at bayview rather than a retirement camp of useless inputs for the team going forward.

Kind of you. Always have been willing but I have to be invited to the party by the Board!

Bruce Black
come on bruce

Kind of you. Always have been willing but I have to be invited to the party by the Board!

Thank you! am sure stevenson, barclay or marshall still have your details written down somewhere to invite you on board but maybe its a case of inviting yourself nowdays to be a member as things look grim am sure another member on board wont cause too much and its a way of if you have spare cash you can donate to the team yourself and have your views

Bruce Black
come on bruce

Thank you! am sure stevenson, barclay or marshall still have your details written down somewhere to invite you on board but maybe its a case of inviting yourself nowdays to be a member as things look grim am sure another member on board wont cause too much and its a way of if you have spare cash you can donate to the team yourself and have your views

Not quite so simple as that, I fear. Maybe they wouldn't welcome a boat-rocker! But the Board (and the owners) know where to find me if they feel I can assist.

Bruce, Can I ask what your views are on the 50 plus one fan ownership model that many community clubs in Germany use?