Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Reserve League Match

The forthcoming Reserve League Match will take place on Monday 12th November 2012 against Ayr United with a 7.30pm kick off.
The cost will be £5.00 for adults and chilldren will be allowed in free when accompanied by an adult.

Re: Reserve League Match

trying to figure out if the £5 admission money is to try and attract fans to go or deter them?
Personally as my kids are of Primary school age then bringing them down free of charge, on a 'school' night and a cold winters night isnt appealing to me or the kids.
As i've stated before Raith Rovers charge £2 adult £1 concessions for the same Reserve league fixtures ,U-16's at Partick Thistle and Dunfermline are free for LEAGUE fixtures.

What are the attendances for the reserve league games? if fans are paying then are the figures printed somewhere?(i.e in the matchday programmes)

no doubt i'll get the usual replies like last time..." this is what the club think is acceptable for these games and either go or bloody dont go". Reserve league is 13 home games at £5 a game =£80.

interested in the fans views that go to the reserve games and also what others think of this pricing

Aye, let's make everything free for kenwit and his family. Why should East Fife charge for entry into games, it's just not right. Okay, they have to pay the electric bills for the floodlights, but after all they have volunteers giving up their time for free, so really, all things considered, families like kenwits should be able to have a free night out at the football.

C'mon East Fife, kenwit is going to have to make the choice of going to watch RR for £2/£1 PLUS additional fuel costs btw, rather than watch us for a whole £2 more! Also, why don't you have the games on Friday nights just like the linos? Kenwit obviously would prefer that too I guess, (not a freezing cold school night)?

Silly me on forgetting that we're the only team that pays electricity bills.
Im not expecting free football, far from it, the club needs funded but was asking if the price for these games attracts a crowd and if not then is it due to pricing but well done Wullie on a truly constructive answer.

The crowds for Reserve Matches are very poor.
The FREE game v QOS attracted about 30.
The pay at the gate v Morton about 20.
Burntisland Shipyard probably about 90.

Kenwit, why not get someone older than you to go in as your parent so you get in a child then you can take your kids too & it will work out at £2.50 per adult, sorted!
Just saying like!

The usual sensible answers to trying to raise funds from the same ones who'll moan and whine "we need to sign better players" yet offer nothing in ideas.
Id suggest an option of £30 or 40(just a figure ) on season tickets that includes reserve games that way the club gets extra funds at the start of the season, whether you attend all these games or not.
But then again we can all moan and offer nothing.

I'm more interested in your maths kenwit!:-) 13x£5=80? 65 when i was at school or is that methil money! !!!

kenwit
Silly me on forgetting that we're the only team that pays electricity bills.
Im not expecting free football, far from it, the club needs funded but was asking if the price for these games attracts a crowd and if not then is it due to pricing but well done Wullie on a truly constructive answer.

And this is constructive??

"trying to figure out if the £5 admission money is to try and attract fans to go or deter them?
Personally as my kids are of Primary school age then bringing them down free of charge, on a 'school' night and a cold winters night isnt appealing to me or the kids."

What is it you are actually saying there kenwit?

?
I'm more interested in your maths kenwit!:-) 13x£5=80? 65 when i was at school or is that methil money! !!!

Lol oops typing error.

Wullie if u don't know what Im getting at then everything in ur world is ok, when/if u actually go to reserve games then u can thank the club for making the admission money easy for you. ......its the blue note in ur wallet.

Im sure ur happy to watch the club in need of funds, would there be anything wrong with a reserve season ticket?
Or maybe u can come up with an idea of ur own? Im sure the club would welcome ur input

kenwit
?

Lol oops typing error.

Wullie if u don't know what Im getting at then everything in ur world is ok, when/if u actually go to reserve games then u can thank the club for making the admission money easy for you. ......its the blue note in ur wallet.

Im sure ur happy to watch the club in need of funds, would there be anything wrong with a reserve season ticket?
Or maybe u can come up with an idea of ur own? Im sure the club would welcome ur input

Your post doesn't make sense -
"Personally as my kids are of Primary school age then bringing them down free of charge, on a 'school' night and a cold winters night isnt appealing to me or the kids."
That looks like getting in for free isn't good enough either? Are you wanting paid to go if its too cold for you and the bairns are at school next day?

I think you are either just wanting to whinge, or you are just tight!

Wullie
kenwit
?

Lol oops typing error.

"Personally as my kids are of Primary school age then bringing them down free of charge, on a 'school' night and a cold winters night isnt appealing to me or the kids."
That looks like getting in for free isn't good enough either? Are you wanting paid to go if its too cold for you and the bairns are at school next day?

ok your obviously struggling to understand what i'm saying, the club are saying that kids go free..ok? but a parent and child elsewhere is only £3 now 1 of the reserve games atrracted around 20 fans and i dont think it would be 10 adults and 10 kids...i have no intention of taking my kids to bayview ANY night regardless of price yet the price structure is obviously incorprating a parent and child fee...i dont think you can actually see that the kids are NOT going free. Its advertised as if its some great benefit when i pointed out the fact that some clubs let kids in for free to actual league games.

i'm still waiting for your own idea to increase revenue and also if a reserve season ticket is a crazy idea??? do you attend the reserve games Wullie and what is your master plan......or will you simply avoid the question

kenwit
Wullie
kenwit
?

Lol oops typing error.

ok your obviously struggling to understand what i'm saying, the club are saying that kids go free..ok? but a parent and child elsewhere is only £3 now 1 of the reserve games atrracted around 20 fans and i dont think it would be 10 adults and 10 kids...i have no intention of taking my kids to bayview ANY night regardless of price yet the price structure is obviously incorprating a parent and child fee...i dont think you can actually see that the kids are NOT going free. Its advertised as if its some great benefit when i pointed out the fact that some clubs let kids in for free to actual league games.

i'm still waiting for your own idea to increase revenue and also if a reserve season ticket is a crazy idea??? do you attend the reserve games Wullie and what is your master plan......or will you simply avoid the question

You certainly won't increase revenue at reserve games if you lower the prices. How many go to the linos reserve games? I would not be surprised to find out that reserve game attendances are pretty static anywhere and that the same people go to them regardless. The prices will not change that a bit (that is reducing them by £2), in my opinion. The 'kids' could be 16 year olds by the way. not all 'kids' are at primary school, therefore savings will be made by those people.

Yes, I go to some reserve games (with 'kid') and no, I don't see the point in a reserve game season ticket. I do see the point in paying a fiver, if I choose to go to watch a reserve game. Why should I expect it be lower, or free? A couple of quid is not going to make any difference and to be honest, I don't see why you are making such an issue about a couple of quid!

I was at the game on Tuesday. The price for the game and for every other reserve game for east fife is very postivie a fiver for adults and kids 3 quid its helps the club out and pay for the facilities ie the lights and food etc... The more people attend every game the better players the club will get or buy also we can check out our new talents too ie jamieson, mcallister, Ross brown etc...
Also I like the idea mentioned of a reserve season ticket includes 1/2 fife cup games in the package, hopefully that could be discuess. Bring more revenue to the team and look at prices for Celtic games its expensive compared to our prices. We should all be supporting the club we love. Everything doesn't come free in life that's how life goes am afraid.
Mon the fife!