Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pars

Heard Dunfermline need 81k by the 19th inst. or they are heading doon the same path as the Jambos.... Will hit the press the morrow!

Re: Pars

just been reading this..HMRC want their cash,they also have to cut costs by a further £300-£400k a year...and Yorkston maybe jumping ship, they look in the sh*t

If they owe it, they owe it - I pay my taxes.
But... it galls me that Pars and even Hearts are faced with this "pay or be shutdown" approach, when Sevco march (or maybe plod) on owing multiple times that. "Previous owners no us" or not.

Would be bad for fife football if that happened. What amazes me is how cowdung manage to compete with the worst gate you could have. They took about 200 to the derby with pars! Their board must be doing something right? Pars suffer from investing in what is a decent stadium which they can't fill very often, in the past that was spl and old firm demanding all seater 10'000 stadia. It is those numpties again who have contributed to the mess the real clubs find themselves. News is not good if they stop paying players and go bust let's get Ryan back.

Looks like EF Board's decision to hold the Rangers cash for a bit is the right one.

if there's 2 more newco's(hearts and pars) league reconstruction maybe at end of this season.
obviously Pars not going up has affected them big time but also with Dundee promoted it took away another big home gate.
An interesting page on their forum from a meeting the club had regarding costs/cut-backs, reasons/blame and possible solutions.talking about going more with youth players.
Look forward to the day when we can produce,play and sell on our own players and have the team part filled with them instead of developing other teams youngsters through the Loan system

DReW_PeaCoCK
Looks like EF Board's decision to hold the Rangers cash for a bit is the right one.

Why? Do we have a £120K tax bill to pay?

I've a funny feeling their problems maybe stemmed from having a wage bill that was 104% of turnover during the Calderwood era, rather than them building a nice stadium.

S-Pat
DReW_PeaCoCK

Why? Do we have a £120K tax bill to pay?

No but I don't think tax bills are the root caues of the problem - tax is an expected expenditure. What is unexpected is the loss of income. And for the next wee while at least, all clubs face uncertainty over their income. By using the rangers cash as a buffer, east fife are in the best position they can be to ride out the uncertainty. The buffer buys us time and options should we need to rebalance the books ........ Clubs like Dunfermline have little time and few options.