Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Team For Tomorow

What team should we go with against alloa ? Spoke to shagger at work and he will be out for a while to get his knee fixed. Wardlaw is still injured and that means we only have 1 striker in the big lad Sean. After a good result tuesday whats your thoughts on the team for sat. We really need to win this to keep us in the league and a chance of maybe play offs. I think we will win this and i hope the boy's are all up for it.

Re: Team For Tomorow

Front 3 off mcbride, Willis and Barr.

Pace would be electric.

Antell

Durie
Forster
Campbell
Johnstone

Willis
Smith
Muir
McBride

Barr
Jamieson.

according to the sfl website mccormack,forster,mcmanus and wardlaw all out injured
tommorrow.

East Fife vs Alloa Athletic - 10th November 2012: Match Preview
Brown worries ahead of first game

Newly appointed East Fife manager Billy Brown takes charge of his side for the first time for the visit of Alloa and he has a selection headache with four players ruled out through injury.

Darren McCormack and Jordan Forster will be missing from the Fifers defence and their attack will be without Gareth Wardlaw and Paul McManus for a match that Brown says will tell him a lot about his new squad.

"I have had one training session but I reckon I will learn more about the team in this game especially as it is between two sides that are looking to bounce back from disappointing Scottish Cup exits," Brown said.

"Alloa may have lost 7-0 to Rangers but our 5-1 defeat up at Elgin was probably a worse result."

Alloa will be missing defender Michael Doyle at New Bayview following his red card against Rangers last weekend in the Scottish Cup.

The Wasps will be able to select Aberdeen striker Mitchel Megginson though after an extended loan deal was agreed, with manager Paul Hartley telling his troops to forget about their 7-0 Ibrox defeat and get back to business as usual in the league.

Hartley said: "That is over and done with now and everyone is focusing on the Second Division again. We have a really tough game against a side that has a new manager so we have been working on that instead of going over the Rangers game."

The team which started against Burntisland was :
BROWN

DURIE MCALLISTER CAMPBELL JOHNSTONE

WILLIS MUIR SMITH SLOAN

BARR MCBRIDE

Interesting to see whether Michael Brown will start tomorrow or McAllister/White/ or Muir at centre half.

Spot The Difference
What team should we go with against alloa ? Spoke to shagger at work and he will be out for a while to get his knee fixed. Wardlaw is still injured and that means we only have 1 striker in the big lad Sean. After a good result tuesday whats your thoughts on the team for sat. We really need to win this to keep us in the league and a chance of maybe play offs. I think we will win this and i hope the boy's are all up for it.

A chance of the playoffs?

Fucksake are you for real? Relegation playoffs yes. A change of manager isn't going to make miracles happen overnight!

You've seen that dross. Go work it out.

Eh?..... Totally disagree!

after watching the way we've played this season then 3rd bottom would do me for starters then let Mr.Brown build a team.
dont know what 2 out of pollock,muir sloan and smith he'll go with in the middle of the park, i'd like to see Jameison get a run of games in the 1st team,at East End Park pre-season he look good. Coming off the bench now and again cant be easy and he has a proven goalscoring record before he joined us so, if giving his chance with the other strikers out, hopefully he'll start to score some goals.
good luck for the game lads

I agree but he has not scored at this level or even the 3rd. Look at Hislop this year that level of football is poor and there is a big jump to the 2nd. I would love to see him do well but he has not took his chance when he gets on the park to show that he should be in the team for the next game. It says alot that a winger was playing in front of him last week. I would drop pollock and play sloan because the last 2 games he has been very poor and hardly kicked a ball. Up front i would go with bobby and play mcbride out in the wing and willis other side . Mcbride is not a striker he was shocking up at elgin and just because he scored against a pub team this will be alot harder. Lets hope we can get a win under the new manager and get this mess sorted. come on east fife

Keteoj
Front 3 off mcbride, Willis and Barr.

Pace would be electric.

McBride ...electric pace??? Fu**ing electric chair!

Kateoj...

Shocking!

At least i called it right

McBride is a donkey.