Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

Half Time East Fife 0 Alloa 1

Re: Latest Score

We lost 0-1

Mcbride is shit no effort at all

Interviewed Billy Brown for EFtv after the game & he didn't mince his words! If he didn't appreciate the task in hand before he certainly does now!

That's good to hear Liam.

Just hope we can stay on the pace till he gets a chance to bring his own guys in in the transfer window.

In the words of Status Quo "Down down deeper and down" bye ya all.

Hard to put into words what we east fife fans have been asked to watch in the last fortnight.We are in a very dark place and if you thought the 2nd half was bad at elgin,the first half today was as bad if not worse.Not one player put any pressure on an alloa player when they had the ball and that is the easiest 3 points they will get this season.I can accept getting beat,but find it hard to accept the lack of effort from certain players.I thought the players would have been bursting a gut to impress the new manager,but any supporter who was there would have seen differently.Billy brown would have seen the lack of effort and application in the team and im sure he will be as angry as me.No team work and a total lack of work ethic.Slightly better 2nd half as we pushed up a bit and didnt back of 30 yards to let them bring the ball out.I only have one goal for billy brown after the last 2 weeks 8th place would be a miracle.That bunch of players would test the management skills of alex ferguson,and billy brown will have to wield the axe in january.

First half was piss poor, everything seemed to be at walking pace,no closing down or getting forward at pace, Billy Brown must have used a few choice words at half time as they did improve in the second half, cert players today will not have impressed Mr Brown.

Agree!

Seems to me that a third of our team are uninterested and lazy , a third are hellishly low in confidence so the remaining third have no chance of carrying the rest to a result!

Lets hope Billy Brown can sort out the first third quickly !!

Pass marks to Div Muir, Stoney and Antell. The rest were not great. Even Darren Smith and Stevie Campbell who we know can play, were off the boil. Bobby Barr came onto a game for a spell in the second half but can offer so much more. A very frustrating day although it has to be said Alloa knocked the ball around pretty well and were worth their win.

thought the back fours passing from the back was shocking to many high balls to forwards and missing out the midfield. Smith again not at his best,would rather have Sloan in the middle.Forwards didnt press the back 4 enough 1st half and made Alloa look good without having to do too much.
Thought Antell was superb in keeping us in it late on when we were pushing for a goal but thought Div Muir was outstanding today...true commitment and passion for the shirt, well done big man,wish others showed the same as you.
McBride as the striker didnt work..granted service to him was piss poor but his closing down and energy was below what was needed from a team in our position.

1st half poor ..2nd half better ..break of the ball and things might have been different

Ive said it time and time again but Stevie Campbell...im not having him.. We continually change managers but this guy has remained constant really in the back 4 of the Crawford, Robertson and Durie (plus his ever changing backroom staff). I only think fans rate him cause he is a local lad but we have constantly leaked goals and he has played as many games in the defence that flood goals. He does plenty of shouting but only after the goals have been conceded. If he did as much talking prior maybe we wouldn't lose as many goals. Hopefully BB will note this and maybe give Stevie time on the side and a kick upl the arse

AHA
Ive said it time and time again but Stevie Campbell...im not having him.. We continually change managers but this guy has remained constant really in the back 4 of the Crawford, Robertson and Durie (plus his ever changing backroom staff). I only think fans rate him cause he is a local lad but we have constantly leaked goals and he has played as many games in the defence that flood goals. He does plenty of shouting but only after the goals have been conceded. If he did as much talking prior maybe we wouldn't lose as many goals. Hopefully BB will note this and maybe give Stevie time on the side and a kick upl the arse

For me he had his worse game ive seen in a long time and if u dont like him then you'll notice his mistakes more than others(Not a criticism).i thought last home game against Forfar him and Forster looked quite good,i must admit i like Campbell and although he had a bad game it was nothing compared to his partner Whyte...too slow and more than once in the game couldnt clear his lines.Hopefully Billy Brown will see who can pass/header/tackle/defend and pick who's best for every position

Agree Kenwit, and my 321
3 - Div was outstanding today.
He seemed to be involved in every action point box to box
Won headers in all 3rds of the park and even played the flanks.
Everywhere and passion.

2- Overall we probably deserved a draw but Antell was the busier keeper throughout and pulled of a few great saves to keep us in it to the end.
The young lad deserves credit too.

1 - Stoney - again passion and effort.

We were beaten today by a better 1-11 team and certain promotion contenders.

But we more than competed 2nd half.

Wouldnt brand any one of them as "shite" "donkey" or to be given the "electric chair"

Grow up kids.

Our squad is made up of 19 or so first team players with 4 loan players and the rest are youths but we look weak and out of balance espically in our striker area like today. We have three in that area for the club and mcbride didnt show much not really a forward, two were unavaliable through injuries and young jamieson who came on late....we do miss not having fit strikers like wallace this season! agree with aha and kenwit about the centre backs but its upto BB what he does with the players we have till replacements come in.

AHA

I have to agree with you regarding Campbell and have been saying the same since last season. He is ok at high balls down the middle. However he doesnt seem to attack the cross balls very well or at all and we always seem to end defending everything on our 6 yard line. I also think that his distribution is very poor and certainly not any better than Whites. But i think that if Forster stays and we get another left back, then McCormack and Forster will be the 1st choice pairing.

1st half against Alloa was dreadful, even though we didnt have a recognised forward up front it didnt matter as the ball rarely made that far up the park.

2nd half was a big improvement. But that was when the lack of fire power was obvious. Sloan came onto a game before picking up his booking. Barr had looked dangerous and we where a bit unlucky with the break of the ball at times. Muir also looked like he got bundled over in the box. But it was still hands over eyes time when defending though.

It wont be so easy to rebuild a team in January as the players will all have contracts and to release them will cost money and if we are adrift at the bottom it wont be easy to attract players. I cant see Barr staying and he will be a big loss. We cant sign any more loan players as we have signed 5 already and there isnt going to be a lot quality floating around for nothing in January. Brown really does have a massive task on his hands avoiding the bottom two.

Campbell had a poor game but his touch and arial ability are miles ahead of most other players at the club. He has constantly played in terrible back fours alongside poor centre backs and full backs. I think we'd see a huge improvement in him with semi decent defenders around him.

In the past we had strikers who would score goals.In losing Wallace and Linn we have lost two goal scorers and playmakers.Basicly the replacements brought in have been terrible.We go on about the defence what about the forwards.

Totally agree, last year we were not great but just missed a play off place. The back 4 is about the same standard as last year but now we have nothing going forward and we cant keep the ball. This just puts even more pressure on the back 4.
Yesterday we were totally out played in the first half by a good, sharp team sitting near the top of the league. Unless we get better quality going forward we are screwed.

Wardlaw is shocking and wouldnt get a game in the 3rd division, Mcmanus has been carrying a knock all season and missed all pre season so will find it hard to be at his best, And from what i heard him say to another fan on sat is he wont be back for at least 3 weeks and that depends on thevtreatment he gets. The big lad jamieson has not had many starts and looks low on confidence and fitness. Mcbride is not a striker and never will be,no pace and cant make the runs behind defender's. I agree with you on the striker's not been as good as wallace and bobby but the only player who i was happy we got was Mcmanus because he scores goals and had a good season last year in a team that finished 8th. Wardlaw couldnt get a game for ayr last year and we signed a player from juniors and no disrespect but you wont win leagues with these guys. We need a striker in badly and i would try and get rid of two to bring in someone with a bit of quality. Billy brown will know what he has to do in january and im confident he will get us up the league.

i have said this from the start our lack of strikers to score goals is our area we are missing and last season we had wallace, hislop and linn and we missed the play offs thank god those two above this comment sees what am seeing week in week out. so with us wanting wingers and other areas is isnt the key where we are lacking they might be weak but the weakest part of the team is going forward? time something was done about it. What happened to samuel he was a striker that was on form in pre-season, other players at other clubs got visa after they applyed and signed. if we didnt have enough we should of signed in other players along with jamieson, wardlaw and shagger to strengthen this area of the park. hopefully january there is someone on the radar that billy sees to improve the team.
i would Love to see bobby barr sign we will badly miss him if he goes from this bunch of team when his loan deal expires.

Mon The Fife!
Supporting the fife in glasgow...CF