Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fans????????

where are the 700+ who voted for East Fife to say no to Sevco/Newco.
i didnt vote and some maybe abroad BUT Saturday 10th Nov(new manger introduced) against Alloa under 500 East fife fans bother to turn up yet so many were angered about how the club should vote, some calling for boycotts and posting videos off Rangers fans crying on tv yet cant be arsed even coming to Bayview.
Next time theres a vote then dont bother if you cant be bothered.

Re: Fans????????

Rangers (RIP) sympathiser?

kenwit
i didnt vote and some maybe abroad BUT Saturday 10th Nov(new manger introduced) against Alloa under 500 East fife fans bother to turn up yet so many were angered about how the club should vote, some calling for boycotts and posting videos off Rangers fans crying on tv yet cant be arsed even coming to Bayview.

The poll was posted on a few other teams forums so you'd have to be pretty thick to think that it was purely EF fans that voted on it. Also, after watching yet another shocking performance yesterday I'd suggest we have bigger issues than ranting at non existant fans.

Got to agree with the original post. There's people on here (St Pauli Fifer for instance) who spout opinion after opinion yet dont even go to the games. All they do is criticise.
So can someone please explain the definition of supporter to me?
How the hell can someone call themselves a supporter when they dont go to the matches and all they do is give opinions, generally negative, on an internet forum?
They are just a complete and utter joke

St Pauli Fifer
Rangers (RIP) sympathiser?

What did you think of the match yesterday?

I haven't been to a game since Brechin away, and to be honest I don't miss it. Hopefully Billy Brown can turn us around in January with new players but I am not paying £13 to watch terrible players going through the motions.

3 wins all season is embarassing.

Have to agree with Joe. I haven't missed a game all season but i realised yesterday that no matter who the manager is, it's still the same useless fuds running about.

Can't justify the 13 pound plus traveling costs anymore. Hopefully something changes in January.

kenwit
Next time theres a vote then dont bother if you cant be bothered.[/quo

"are you Jocky in disguise, are you Jocky in disguise"

Have to disagree with Joe and Keteoj. I believe and will continue to support the team, come what may! Negativity helps no one!

kenwit

A bit sanctimonious there kenwit. People don't go because unless there are some strong signs of progress on thevpitch, some evidence that players actually care about their performances and evidence that the Board actually have some sort of vision for the club then it is understandable that fans are staying away. A new manager, at least not yet, does not correct any of the underlying and long term problems at the club.

Wullie
Have to disagree with Joe and Keteoj. I believe and will continue to support the team, come what may! Negativity helps no one!

Come what "May" we will be relegated.
Worst EF team I've witnessed in 30+ year's. These guys can't play and don't care and are an embarrassment to football.

Interesting that so many people are certain of the final league outcome despite there being over two thirds of the season left!

I guess that these guys constantly make a fortune on the fixed odds with their ability to predict the future.

It's all about opinions. Strange thing is...We're all entitled to them!

Shame that isn't it?!

Eugene Clarke
Interesting that so many people are certain of the final league outcome despite there being over two thirds of the season left!

I guess that these guys constantly make a fortune on the fixed odds with their ability to predict the future.

Eugene Clarke

Aug 27, 2011 - 7:34PM

QuoteReply
Maybe I'm an Optimist but...

Our dire performance and result today do not mean we are a bad team any more than our great performance and result against Dunfermline mean we are a brilliant one.

I have sufficient confidence in our management team and the players to forecast as follows:

After 9 league games we will not be in the bottom 2.

After 18 league games we will not be in the bottom 5.

After 27 league games we will will be in the top 4

On the last game of the season we will still have a chance of promotion (unless of course we've already been promoted!)

Feel free to bookmark this post and either congratulate me on my prescience or thoroughly mock me
sorry Eugene

Jimbob
Got to agree with the original post. There's people on here (St Pauli Fifer for instance) who spout opinion after opinion yet dont even go to the games. All they do is criticise.
How the hell can someone call themselves a supporter when they dont go to the matches and all they do is give opinions, generally negative, on an internet forum?

Sigh, here we go again.

Nope, wasn't at the game, thankfully. I won't be back for some time I don't think. Nothing to do with us losing every week (we've lost for the majority of my 25+ years watching East Fife), it's just not East Fife anymore to me. Not a proud wee club to be proud of following. Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton are light years better than us. Match day experience, the 3 walls, the black and blue strips, the Twigg/Rankin shambles, zero communication with fans

That's why I stopped going, even after the Newco stance (could any club seriously have made any other decision?). There no enjoyment going to watch EF anymore - nothing pleasurable at all.

I'm no longer a supporter of East Fife. I can live with that. They will always be my team and if the current board/owners don't kill the club, i'll probably be back after they're gone (if we're not a pub team by then).

Ask yourself why the crowds are so poor?

St Pauli Fifer
Jimbob

Sigh, here we go again.

Nope, wasn't at the game, thankfully. I won't be back for some time I don't think. Nothing to do with us losing every week (we've lost for the majority of my 25+ years watching East Fife), it's just not East Fife anymore to me. Not a proud wee club to be proud of following. Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton are light years better than us. Match day experience, the 3 walls, the black and blue strips, the Twigg/Rankin shambles, zero communication with fans

That's why I stopped going, even after the Newco stance (could any club seriously have made any other decision?). There no enjoyment going to watch EF anymore - nothing pleasurable at all.

I'm no longer a supporter of East Fife. I can live with that. They will always be my team and if the current board/owners don't kill the club, i'll probably be back after they're gone (if we're not a pub team by then).

Good post and one which sums up how quite a lot of East Fife fans feel at the moment. Well said and well put SPF.

Eugene Clarke

If I was an East Fife fan and read this from a director, I might be tempted to think: that's a bit arrogant, we're joint bottom of the league on merit, and we'll be outright bottom of the table if Stranraer get a point from their game in hand.
If I was an East Fife fan and then re-read this same director's bold predictions from August, I would now put the two together and think: what a fucking prick.

mark
Wullie

Come what "May" we will be relegated.
Worst EF team I've witnessed in 30+ year's. These guys can't play and don't care and are an embarrassment to football.

Just in case anyone thinks Ive gone all glass half empty the above Mark insy me tho I defend his right to free speech. My take on things is that performances have been terrible, there are some (by no meas all) of the current crop that dont seem interested but that the board have to be congratulated for BB's appointment.

He will have already seen what he needs to do to turn things around which I think he will. Whether that means survival in Div 2 or a Div 1 play off place I dont know,

With regards to the overall ownership and direction of East Fife, I wont be satisfied until the club is predominately fan owned and community focused. For me a good managerial appointment dosent change that. Personally Ill keep going to games in the hope of seeing some signs of improvement but I also understand why folk find better things to do with their Saturdays.

mark
St Pauli Fifer
Jimbob

Sigh, here we go again.

Good post and one which sums up how quite a lot of East Fife fans feel at the moment. Well said and well put SPF.

Agree good post SPF. Can't disagree with most of your comments! Its sad you feel that way and the choice you have made. For me still digging in but geeze it tough the now, surely it can't get any worse; can it?

mark

Shame that isn't it?!

Amazingly, your statement also applies to others, who DON'T agree with your opinions??

Shame that, isn't it?

No, it isn't a shame at all. I would have thought that obvious Wullie.
Maybe your confused.

mark
No, it isn't a shame at all. I would have thought that obvious Wullie.
Maybe your confused.

Eh... I think it is yerself that is getting confused Mark??

Check >>>>>

mark
Nov 11, 2012 - 11:03AM

Shame that isn't it?!

Ask not what your club can do for you, ask what you can do for your club.

But Wullie,
that wasn't an opinion dear boy. Twas a mere statement i made.
Look up democracy and free speech.

East fife results and performances since the board had the vision to sack john robertson are there for all to see.Last saturday and first half yesterday is the lowest i have felt watching east fife since the end of the jim moffat era.Im willing to give the board credit for appointing a manager with vast expierience.When robbo came in we got thumped 4 1 by dumbarton in his first game,it was around the same time of year and we were in about the same position,but by february he had us mid table and by the season end we could have sneaked a play off place.Give billy brown a month or so and he will know what players are giving their total commitment to the club and those who are fakes.A few of the players who we know can play but lost form need a bit of tlc and told he believes in them and re builds their confidence.Confidence is very low and the players need the manager to re build that.Football is all about results and managers will live and die by results,but billy will need time, so i am willing to give my support as he tries to sort out this sorry mess we have allowed east fife football club to get in.Two rookie managers in crawford and durie were a mistake,lets hope another man with expierience can sort out this sorry mess by may.

Mark
But Wullie,
that wasn't an opinion dear boy. Twas a mere statement i made.
Look up democracy and free speech.

If you say so Mark!

kenwit

You really post some PISH on this forum ? Have you read some o the pish you post on here ?

I've not been to Bayview since Albion Rovers played us off the park in the 2.1 defeat. Simply wasn't enjoying it anymore and i have to say i really don't miss it. 13 quid to watch that? Sorry but not for me. Good luck to Billy Brown, he will need it as most of these players are not good enough for Eastvale, nevermind East Fife. Hopefully the board support the manager in Jan transfer window and he can get us out this mess, maybe then, i and many others will return and spend our hardearned cash watching a hardworkin, half decent football team......

DPH
I've not been to Bayview since Albion Rovers played us off the park in the 2.1 defeat. Simply wasn't enjoying it anymore and i have to say i really don't miss it. 13 quid to watch that? Sorry but not for me. Good luck to Billy Brown, he will need it as most of these players are not good enough for Eastvale, nevermind East Fife. Hopefully the board support the manager in Jan transfer window and he can get us out this mess, maybe then, i and many others will return and spend our hardearned cash watching a hardworkin, half decent football team......

Think this about sums up how quite a lot of fans feel.
And i mean quite a lot!

Mark
DPH

And i mean quite a lot!

How many is that then?

Wullie
Mark
DPH

And i mean quite a lot!

How many is that then?

Ahh Wullie,
you still feeling small?

Jocky's back as Wullie. Class

Calling folk 'son' and saying how we do not necessary have a weaker team than last season.

Board member.

fan67
East fife results and performances since the board had the vision to sack john robertson are there for all to see.Last saturday and first half yesterday is the lowest i have felt watching east fife since the end of the jim moffat era.Im willing to give the board credit for appointing a manager with vast expierience.When robbo came in we got thumped 4 1 by dumbarton in his first game,it was around the same time of year and we were in about the same position,but by february he had us mid table and by the season end we could have sneaked a play off place.Give billy brown a month or so and he will know what players are giving their total commitment to the club and those who are fakes.A few of the players who we know can play but lost form need a bit of tlc and told he believes in them and re builds their confidence.Confidence is very low and the players need the manager to re build that.Football is all about results and managers will live and die by results,but billy will need time, so i am willing to give my support as he tries to sort out this sorry mess we have allowed east fife football club to get in.Two rookie managers in crawford and durie were a mistake,lets hope another man with expierience can sort out this sorry mess by may.

In general I agree, confidence is the key word. On Saturday there were a few guys who needed to show more for the ball and really want it. They also needed to put a bit more pressure on all over the park. Not sure that I agree that Durie was a mistake. I certainly was not worrying when he was at the helm. Saturday's attendance wasn't great as mentioned however I can't really have a go at those who did not turn up as it was a bit disheartening to say the least. Didn't have to wait too long for a pie though.