Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Alloa Highlights and Billy Brown Interview

Now on the official website.

Re: Alloa Highlights and Billy Brown Interview

Very interesting to hear what billy brown had to say.The minimum you would expect from any team is effort and application,he said you would take that for granted from any football team.Sadly after watching east fife for 45 minutes he could see that even the minimum effort and work ethic were sadly missing.He said that alloa were far better than east fife and that shouldnot be the case as they are not a bigger club than east fife.Only difference i would say they have a good manager in hartley who has had time to drill the right things into the players,and they will know the standards he sets and requires.We have had no leader since the beginning of the season and the players have set their own standards, which is way below what we the fans would class as acceptable.Billy brown will use his vast knowledge of the game to man manage what we have all seen for weeks and get the team working for each other and playing as a team.Things can only get better.

cant find it.

You have to watch all the Alloa highlights as the interview is at the end.

The Rob McLean school of interviewing lessons seem to be paying off! ;-)

You're still no gettin paid Mr Anderson!

Well I'm not doing it again until the next home game so there!

Dinnae tell me you get paid for that .

fan67
He said that alloa were far better than east fife and that shouldnot be the case as they are not a bigger club than east fife.

What a fekin crass statement.What has the size of the club got to do with it?They have better players

Chic
What has the size of the club got to do with it?They have better players

he means that our club is bigger size than alloa and is well supported both home and away when things go our way ie the support at killie and the club shouldnt be heading the way it is the now. They might have better players but he doesnt want us to be facing elgin, clyde and that in the 3rd division next season. Hope this helps?

Chic
fan67
He said that alloa were far better than east fife and that shouldnot be the case as they are not a bigger club than east fife.

What a fekin crass statement.What has the size of the club got to do with it?They have better players

You're not the sharpest tool in the box are you?

Why should a smaller club have better players? That's the key point.

I think it's great an East Fife manager comes out and says East Fife should be beating Alloa (in as many words). It's fucking true!

Totally refreshing not to come out with a safe, neutral, cautious or even defeatest statement.

East Fife are shite on the park and worse off it, have no funds or ambition relative to other peer clubs (or can't cut their cloth like others do), have a far bigger support (potentially and historically)...he's totally right. It's brilliant he's highlighted it.

He'll remember when East Fife were decent. I can't.

The conclusion is that east fife and alloa are two teams in the same league with probably the same player budget,he is questioning how there should be such a gulf on the playing field.Like i said before the difference is a good manager with good ideas and a good work ethic.Billy brown will bring these qualities and i hope that results in better team performances.

Zak, my remuneration will remain between me & my accountant! Can't see it troubling myt end of year tax return some how!

St Pauli Fifer

Better facilities,better run,better finances,spend wisely and a manager in the know.

Erm...that's exactly my point

Chic
St Pauli Fifer

Better facilities,better run,better finances,spend wisely and a manager in the know.

Maybe they have that at the moment, but they haven't always and I suspect, won't always in the future either! BTW, their facilities are not better than ours actually and how do you know their finances are better? On top of that, time will tell if their manager is more 'in the know' than ours!