Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Just talking to Jim Jeffries

Down in Galashiels with work and got chatting to Jim Jeffries over a pint. He was saying that Billy Brown will, and i quote, "kick arses all the way from Bayview to Berwick" to get some results for East Fife.

He also gave a cryptic clue to a possible new January signing - a guy who has a surname that could be a first name and is looking to get back to fitness????

Re: Just talking to Jim Jeffries

Jim George!

Craig Gordon aint as good as Michael Brown lol

Supporter
Jim George!

Good shout - is he still starring in those Sugar Puffs adverts?

Maybe it's .... Jim Jeffries, er Jeffrey, er maybe not.

No idea if it was Gordon he meant but whoever it was Jeffries has his mobile number - he was texting him

Most of our players need a good boot up the arse (especially Paul Willis) so that is good news.

Tinsoldier
Down in Galashiels with work and got chatting to Jim Jeffries over a pint. He was saying that Billy Brown will, and i quote, "kick arses all the way from Bayview to Berwick" to get some results for East Fife.

He also gave a cryptic clue to a possible new January signing - a guy who has a surname that could be a first name and is looking to get back to fitness????

Thierry Henry, Charlie Nicholas...

i'm sure Brown will get the slackers at the club sorted out

Its The return of Robert Scott. . !

It has to be Garry Kenneth!

got to be jesie james

.....Ian Murray?

Brian Blair?

Could be Kenny deuchar or Andy Kirk?

Edinburgh EFFC
Most of our players need a good boot up the arse (especially Paul Willis) so that is good news.

I have said it before but a red hot poker up the backside always works wonders.

Paddy Kelly?

Mad Man
Edinburgh EFFC

I've said it before, but some of our supporters can be right tubes!

Murray Gavin!

Wullie's pal, Jocky
Mad Man
Edinburgh EFFC

I've said it before, but some of our supporters can be right tubes!

Jocky did say that right enough.

Tinsoldier

craig gordon from galashields i think

Stevie Archibald!?!?

I think he was definitely thinking of Craig Gordon. That's who my money is on!

Gilbert Allan

Gary Glen ?

Jamie Mole

Na, it's Boy George

Benny Andrew

Ian Murray as Assistant player / manager ? Would give us an experienced leader on the park who can get the managers ideas over to the players. Cowden always look a better side when Colin Cameron is on the pitch directing play. He also fits the cryptic clue criteria.

Gary Glen? not getting much game time at County.

I was just having lunch with Sir Alex Ferguson and he hinted that a former Man U player may be on his way to East Fife. Seemingly the player in question leaves his club at the end of the month and is looking for "one last challenge".

The main attraction for the former Man U player will be of the course, the pies. I'm sure his wife will be a massive fan.

Graeme Port

Well it won't be Ian Murray as he has just been announced as the new manager of Dumbarton !

Greg Shields (born August 21, 1976 in Falkirk) is a Scottish footballer who currently plays for Carolina RailHawks in the North American Soccer League or Tam McManus who is also in America as we speak.
What happened to Craig Wedderburn these days?

Club Scout

Signed for Clyde at the end of August 2012 his last game for us was Brechin away.

Cambuslang Fifer
Club Scout

Signed for Clyde at the end of August 2012 his last game for us was Brechin away.
Playing with leven united last i heard

Looks like JJ was referring to Colin Samuel

Steve Bruce making a return to playing days...