Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
V Albion Rovers

Right here we go...

team is,

Antell Durie McBride White Johnstone Barr Campbell Smith Willis Jamieson Gormley

Gormley???

Re: V Albion Rovers

Liam Gormley

ex celtic youngster??

0-1 Gormley

GOAL!!!
Liam Gormley
C'mon the fife

Cannae make this one due to working the night... But a few interesting things in the line up.... McBride centre back, Campbell in midfield, no Div and Gormley comes in .. Fae where?.... Significant changes!

Celtic goal-grabbing kid Liam Gormley is on the lookout for a new club after being released by the Parkhead side after 3 years in green and white hoops.

Gormley, who was part of the Celtic under-19 double winning side this season moved from Motherwell in 2009 and gained Scotland recognition at under-16 Victory Shield and under-17 level.

Gormley said, “I am hoping that the experience and education I gained from Celtic will help me find a senior club. I am a striker but can also play on the left wing and I am really keen to get back into the game for the new season.”

Bobby Barr no2 goalllllllll

0-2 barr 67mins

Mcbride scores no3

Woop woop!!! Well done Fife. A much needed 3 points

and a clean sheet.

Happy supporters bus heading home from a very driech Coatbridge. 100% from every player today.

Just back from the game.... superb effort from the team today. Although not one way traffic throughout the match. Defended well when needed. Team seemed to be better balanced. 3 really good goals. For me if we show the same dig for the rest of the season there's no worries. No slackers today. Good work all round. Well done boys!!!!

Don't get side tracked by the numbers. Cruyff played 14 but wasn't on the bench for Holland.

Campbell No 6 but played centre half, Mcbride No 4 midfield and Div was ill prior to game.

Big difference from last week well done. Playing 2 real strikers helped the shape of team and work rate at closing down was at a much higher tempo.

fife coast
Don't get side tracked by the numbers. Cruyff played 14 but wasn't on the bench for Holland.

Campbell No 6 but played centre half, Mcbride No 4 midfield and Div was ill prior to game.

Big difference from last week well done. Playing 2 real strikers helped the shape of team and work rate at closing down was at a much higher tempo.

Cheers for that fife coast.... Typical sounds like I missed a good team performance... Glad to see Jamieson got a start... He has been treated pretty unfairly since he joined... Hope he did himself justice!

wee man
Celtic goal-grabbing kid Liam Gormley is on the lookout for a new club after being released by the Parkhead side after 3 years in green and white hoops.

Gormley, who was part of the Celtic under-19 double winning side this season moved from Motherwell in 2009 and gained Scotland recognition at under-16 Victory Shield and under-17 level.

Gormley said, “I am hoping that the experience and education I gained from Celtic will help me find a senior club. I am a striker but can also play on the left wing and I am really keen to get back into the game for the new season.”

I dunno if he has a brother called David Gormley who was a striker and played for Alloa Ath and Ayr United.

Gormley also had a trial with Greenock Morton this season after he left Celtic's Youth team. Dunno if he has signed for us then? good news if he has looking at todays win against Albion he looked very sharp and caused their defence problems all day something we were needing at the start of the season more pace upfront and a eye for goals, well done to the kid he could do the bussiness to help young jamieson. This is only the start there is more games yet to play before the end of the season.

I was at the game today and i was surprised at the line-up when i got there but i think BB had to make changes from the lost last week and it paid off. Every player gave their all today, espically scott mcbride was outstanding the best performace he has gave in a east fife shirt. Hopefully we can start to climb up the leauge and be consistant with our form now. The rain cloud in the second half made the conditions worse but that no excuess for any side all it matters we got the result we needed and brought the three points home. Well done Make a good day out and made my wee short 20 min journey home on the choo-choo nice...aaaaah wish all away games was like this tbh Roll on next week at home to smokies, Mon The Fife!

Broonies! Broonies!