Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hellooooooo.......

Hello SPF.
Hello Mad Man.
Hello S-Pat
Hello Mark
Hello Chic.
Hello fan (allegedly).
Hello Santa.

Where are y'all this week? Oh, wait a minute, East Fife won, so hard for you lot to have a whinge, eh?

Re: Hellooooooo.......

Wullie's pal, Jocky
Hello SPF.
Hello Mad Man.
Hello S-Pat
Hello Mark
Hello Chic.
Hello fan (allegedly).
Hello Santa.

Where are y'all this week? Oh, wait a minute, East Fife won, so hard for you lot to have a whinge, eh?

The team did as they are meant to do, which was play with a bit of grit, determination and give a damn, something which has been missing all season. They even managed a win. Amazing what can happen when you try.
You can hardly blame people for having a whinge!

You should try making some friends mate.

Wraith Hater
Wullie's pal, Jocky
Hello SPF.
Hello Mad Man.
Hello S-Pat
Hello Mark
Hello Chic.
Hello fan (allegedly).
Hello Santa.

The team did as they are meant to do, which was play with a bit of grit, determination and give a damn, something which has been missing all season. They even managed a win. Amazing what can happen when you try.
You can hardly blame people for having a whinge!

You should try making some friends mate.

You can hardly blame people for pointing out that that, is just about all they want to do... whinge!

Will you be ma pal?

No i won't be your pal. I think you're an arse quite frankly.
You could also be a Director of the club (and that`s quite sad) but i`m still working on that bit using my special powers.

Wraith Hater
No i won't be your pal. I think you're an arse quite frankly.
You could also be a Director of the club (and that`s quite sad) but i`m still working on that bit using my special powers.

Well, I am thinking something similar about you now to be honest, (not the diretor bit of course, which would really be sad if you were)!

Wullie's pal, Jocky
Hello SPF.
Hello Mad Man.
Hello S-Pat
Hello Mark
Hello Chic.
Hello fan (allegedly).
Hello Santa.

What's your opinion on the game? You're the only one being negative here.

The thing is with you Jocky/Wullie is you`re not very bright.
That`s evident in your writings. Even more worrying if you were indeed a director of the club.
I`m sure somewhere along the line your quite a nice fellow. Just a bit confused in your own skin.
Now toddle along. There`s a good chap

Wraith Hater
That`s evident in your writings. Even more worrying if you were indeed a director of the club.
I`m sure somewhere along the line your quite a nice fellow. Just a bit confused in your own skin.

Bright enough to not have to resort to swearing and insulting, which is usually a sign of poor vocabulary!

You seem to have this 'thing' about being a director of the club, do you think that is some sort of insult? I would love to be a director of the club actually, but although not exactly short of cash, I don't quite have enough of it to become one.

You are obviously one of the named in my first post above, as I have had this "director" tag given to me before by one of them? Why do you have to think directors in a negative manner, when a fan sticks up for the team and the club in general? Strange!

I'm sure you are quite a nice chap too, when you are not thinking football and East Fife.

PS - I'm Jocky, not Wullie.

Wullie's pal, Jocky
Wraith Hater

Bright enough to not have to resort to swearing and insulting, which is usually a sign of poor vocabulary!

You seem to have this 'thing' about being a director of the club, do you think that is some sort of insult? I would love to be a director of the club actually, but although not exactly short of cash, I don't quite have enough of it to become one.

You are obviously one of the named in my first post above, as I have had this "director" tag given to me before by one of them? Why do you have to think directors in a negative manner, when a fan sticks up for the team and the club in general? Strange!

I'm sure you are quite a nice chap too, when you are not thinking football and East Fife.

PS - I'm Jocky, not Wullie.

I don't see how you think that goading fans due to one good result is making you look like anything other than slightly petty.

S-pat has had a busy weekend and I'm sure he'll respond when he has time. Questioning the board, their motives and their plans for the club is not a crime. Transparency is what we'd all like. Just because there has been a good result, does not mean that the questions he has are not still valid.

Just saying.

Jocky,
the reason i thought you may be a director was probably down to the fact you are always defensive of the team, the manager, the club even when things are going really really badly.
There is absolutely nothing wrong in that, in fact i admire your optimism.
The problem most people have is they get angry, they get frustrated and they get upset and want to vent that online which seems to be the norm these days.
Then along comes Jocky telling them that everything is great so its no wonder it kicks off in your direction.

We had a great result over the weekend but lets not get carried away. I`m sure if Billy Brown hadn't been appointed we would be staring at yet another heavy defeat. Durie and Chisolm in my opinion were a bad appointment but that's all water under the bridge now. We have a new manager so hopefully he can turn things around.
This "real" supporter and "fair weather fan" comments only stoke the fire and serve no purpose. A real fan isn't defined by how many games he attends but his/her devotion to the club. We`re all East Fife fans at the end of the day. Its just unfortunate some of us enjoy being keyboard warriors and causing rifts.
The sooner this forum goes to log in with user name and password the sooner this forum will start to progress.
In the meantime we`re all idiots out to get each other

Peace on earth bro.

Wraith hater with various other aliases unfortunately.

Okay, I was being petty by putting this post up, but it is frustrating when after poor results, there are a multitude of posts on this site, condemning just about everything East Fife, then after a good result.... next to nothing. Now I admit I do not comment much on the performances, but the people I am talking about above do, unfortunately though it seems, nearly always after poor performances. Some people put up decent critical views, but there are others who go way over the top with the slagging of individual players, the managers and the board. These are the ones that get me going.

Apologies for the original post guys (and gals)!

Wullie's pal, Jocky
Okay, I was being petty by putting this post up, but it is frustrating when after poor results, there are a multitude of posts on this site, condemning just about everything East Fife, then after a good result.... next to nothing. Now I admit I do not comment much on the performances, but the people I am talking about above do, unfortunately though it seems, nearly always after poor performances. Some people put up decent critical views, but there are others who go way over the top with the slagging of individual players, the managers and the board. These are the ones that get me going.

Apologies for the original post guys (and gals)!

We beat Albion Rovers. What do you want, a public holiday?

Wullie's pal, Jocky
Hello SPF.
Hello Mad Man.
Hello S-Pat
Hello Mark
Hello Chic.
Hello fan (allegedly).
Hello Santa.

Hiya ma pal.

I've jacked it in as you know so don't/can't comment on matches (and been away since Friday).

I can only really comment on the lack of board ambition/communication/ideas as well as the ownership issues and all-round bleak future and general lack of pride in a once proud EFFC. Would quite like a club to come back to when this current Board is history.

Great result and so thankful that Billy Brown fell into the lap of the board to hopefully stave off basement league football while he's manager. Two leagues below the other Fife teams would be the lowest point in EFFC's history. 2/1 away from home was a great bet for me too.

Genuinely don't blame you for goading. I'd do the same.

SPF is what they call an internet troll. They just like to wind folk up and criticise. He/she doesnt even go to the matches so isnt an East Fife supporter in any sense of the word.

Nope, I suppose I'm no longer a supporter.

Jocky/Wullie named me on this thread.