Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Youths Turmoil

East FIfe took the decision to release a number of coaches from the Pro Youth set up this weekend. Sounds as if some of the coaches released who have previous pro youth coaching experience upset the old guard within the club by vocally implying where the current deficencies are and what is required to address them. Seems as if the club intends to maintain an insular outlook.

Also heard that some within football authorities are not happy that East Fife Pro Youth players pay on average £20 a month to play for the club

Re: Youths Turmoil

Maybe it is the coaches who were released that are the old guard and not prepared to move with the times? Just a thought.

Sour grapes methinks

I hardly think the youths r in turmoil, personally i think the boys will benefit from their departure.

Don't have an opinion either way, just highlighting the word on the street. In retrospect using the term "turmoil" may be somewhat extreme.

It generally costs parents more than £20/month, not including transport, for their kids to play boys club football! Just making a comparison like!

Observer
It generally costs parents more than £20/month, not including transport, for their kids to play boys club football! Just making a comparison like!

That's the point exactly it's supposed to be Pro Youth , however .............

So, if you are a parent, you would rather pay more for your son to play boys club, even though he is good enough to play Pro-Youth which is cheaper, because you think it should be for nothing, (I assume)? Or if East Fife can't afford to do it for nothing, they should just stop their Pro-Youth set up? What are you saying here?

Not a parent, however the SFA provide funding for all clubs that run Pro Youth setups. Just seems strange that EF charge boys they have "invited" to the club from Tayside, Central, Lothian and Fife Regions.

I may be wrong and would be interested to know if any other pro youth set ups charge their players.

I Have been here before with this, but more than happy to explain again.
The Youth set up cannot possibly be run by the SFA funding alone in fact that has been cut by £12000 this year their wisdom not ours as we cover the criteria to the letter.
THE AMOUNT OF MONEY REQUIRED TO RUN THE SET UP WILL STAGGER MOST.
fOR THIS SEASON ALONE IT WILL COST £110.000 COMPARE THAT IF U WILL AGAINST £ 23,000 IN SFA FUNDING
THE ENTIRE YOUTH SET UP IS SELF FUNDED,and entirely ringfenced and stands alone. The amount of work that goes into raising funding is very hard giving the financial climate,When this was starting we did our homework on the amount of monies req Thankfully most parents in fact we have had only one or two question the d/ds price are more than happy to assist.And yes other pro youth charge in many different ways.

These monies are not for kit but assist us in training costs mainly which on average cost us around £12,000 per season

Finally any one and i mean anyone that would like to see our accounts feel free to contact myself and i will not hesitate to oblige Thank YOU

Hear hear Brian!!!

Can I also add that the pro youth teams compete in fixtures all over te country from cowdenbeath to elgin etc, the club provide buses for these games, so that itself is a big ask.

I can also confirm that other clubs have started or will be copying the clubs way of doing things by charging players/families to be at the club. Its crazy to think that money is just there and turns up with no questions asked, cruel world we live but needs must im afraid. My son is at the club and he along with myself cannot be happier!!

Seems to be no real reason for this thread, just as previously said sour grapes. All the guys and girls do a lot of work for not a lot of expenses some I am told do a lot for nothing. You can't please all of the people all of the time, as the saying goes but these folks are giving it a bloody good try.

So get a grip and move on.

There's a few things wrong at East Fife but I don't think the youth set up is one of them.

As others have said, looks like pointless shit stirring/sour grapes...

Another piece of shit steering that could be avoided if you had to register to use this forum.

Shit stirring or a point for debate. One man's loose change is another man's gold. Don't shoot the messenger just thought that this medium was a vehicle for open debate and comment. No sour grapes on my part I have no connection, merely expressing an views etc currently being voiced within junior / pro youth environs.

Certainly the running of some aspects of the EFSC Golds is a farce.

Meant to be development?....Aye Right!!!

While attending the Burntisland game I noticed Sids Bar set up with for a small function. Asking what was going on that night I was told it was for the youths as they need something after training.

My questions are
1, Do the parents pay for this?
2, Do the 1st team get the same?

Walter Pidgeon
While attending the Burntisland game I noticed Sids Bar set up with for a small function. Asking what was going on that night I was told it was for the youths as they need something after training.

My questions are

And why do you want to know this and what has it got to do with you?

Kings of Fife
Another piece of shit steering that could be avoided if you had to register to use this forum.

Not really.

Anyone can just register an account, from any email address (I have about 10 I could use) and just post away.

It makes no difference whatsoever.

Walter Pidgeon

My questions are

It is normally set up for breakfast. The parents do not pay for this. It either comes from the funds (the separate Modern Apprentice monies) or more often is paid for by Colin Martin and Brian McNeill out of their own pockets. The players, as do the staff bring their own lunch. Funny how you saw it set up that evening as I have been told it wasn't set up at that time. Someone with more access than a supporter methinks.

The Youth Set up is separate from the 1st team it will be totally up to the Board of Directors to initiate something similar for the first team. Since you obviously have plenty access to the club why not try suggesting it.

DLA
Certainly the running of some aspects of the EFSC Golds is a farce.

Meant to be development?....Aye Right!!!

The EFSC Golds? What you really mean is the JSC (Junior Supporters Club). They are a completely separate entity from the Pro Youth set up.
They are not development. Pro Youth and JSC have a good working relationship but are not one and the same.

Still don't understand why WP needs to know this information?

We get a great result on Saturday so the moaners cant have a go at the first team this week, so instead they turn their attention to the youth set up.
Its just pathetic.
Folk are working hard, often off their own backs, and yet some people just want to tear them down. Notice in another thread some one having a go at Eugene Clarke for not posting enough information on Liam Gormley on the website. Well why not volunteer to help out?
Surely all that negative energy could be transformed into something actually productive?
But then.. well..who am I kidding?

Lesley
Walter Pidgeon

My questions are

It is normally set up for breakfast. The parents do not pay for this. It either comes from the funds (the separate Modern Apprentice monies) or more often is paid for by Colin Martin and Brian McNeill out of their own pockets. The players, as do the staff bring their own lunch. Funny how you saw it set up that evening as I have been told it wasn't set up at that time. Someone with more access than a supporter methinks.

The Youth Set up is separate from the 1st team it will be totally up to the Board of Directors to initiate something similar for the first team. Since you obviously have plenty access to the club why not try suggesting it.

Thanks for the reply Lesley.

Just to keep the record straight I an not stirring I was just curious as you know when money is mention folk like to know how its spent, also I have no inside knowledge I'm just an ordinary supporter of some 50 years standing (and sitting) but thats for another topic.