Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Liam Signs for East Fife

Liam Joins East Fife

The club is delighted to announce that Liam Gormley has put pen to paper for us.

Liam made an immediate impact last Saturday when, playing as a trialist, he scored the first goal against Albion Rovers.

We wish Liam every success in his future career at Bayview.

Re: Liam Signs for East Fife

Great news... Looking forward to seeing him on Sat.

That headline had me worried for a moment ! Thought Liam Anderson had finally realised his ambition of signing for the Fife ! To the 'real' Liam that has signed for the Fife - welcome to Bayview, I hope you enjoy your time at the club and your goals can help propel us up the League.

Sounds gid. Who is he though? Is it the ex Celt? How old is he? Previous clubs? What position does he play? How long has he signed for? Who puts this stuff up?
Hope you have a long and successful career with the mighty Fifers Liam welcome.

Didn't offer me enough money to sign so the new guy is the first Liam to wear the black & gold! Damn him! ;-)

Ex Celtic under 19 and played for Scotland Under 17s. Came though same team as Tony Watt and Dylan McGeoch I think.
Did have trail at Morton last month but they only gave him a few mins as a sub. A well regarded player. Tons loss is our gain I feel.Good signing.

Liam Anderson
Didn't offer me enough money to sign so the new guy is the first Liam to wear the black & gold! Damn him! ;-)

Did Liam Baillie not have that honour ?

Bayviewboy
Liam Anderson

Did Liam Baillie not have that honour ?

Andy WilLIAMson

Liam Anderson

Wouldn't have to offer me a penny to play for east fife! Shame on you Mr.A!

Welcome Liam G. Hope you do as good up front as Liam A does selling programmes lol

As Liam's long suffering agent,you can imagine my initial dismay when I saw this thread. No contact with me either by Liam or the club.but let me tell you what our demands would have been. Financially speaking, a mere 650 quid per week, a lease car, travelling expenses from Windygates, free pies for hIs offspring on match days plus filled doggie bags to last all the way back to the granite city.Oh, nearly forgot, unlimited bar chitty on match days, supporters club meetings, board meetings etc etc for yours truly.

The club has missed a great opportuntity in not signing the correct Liam, methinks.

@Bayviewboy,

I believe his name was Lee Bailey.

Ah Liam Baillie, I could I forget about him! He scored past Alan Main against St Johnstone & oh how we ribbed the meek Alan mercilously! Happy times during a very unhappy season!

Lee
@Bayviewboy,

I believe his name was Lee Bailey.[/quote

We did have Lee Bailey but Liam was a local lad from Thornton. Liam has now backed this up in the previous post.

Bayviewboy
Lee
@Bayviewboy,

I believe his name was Lee Bailey.[/quote

We did have Lee Bailey but Liam was a local lad from Thornton. Liam has now backed this up in the previous post.

He was from Woodside I'm sure. His cousins are from Thornton.

liam bailly played junior before signing for east fife newburgh if my memory serves me right .He came from woodside and atayed next door to the woodside inn.

Lee Bailey was around 5 years or so after Liam Baillie & formed a little & large partnership with Paul McManus, Shagger was the large part so you will know how small Lee was! He scored a lot of goals for Brechin City before coming to Bayview but didn't really set the heather on fire

Is this topic not about Liam Gormley signing for east fife instead of baileys its like we are going back in time sorry who cares i know i wouldnt loose sleep thinking about a bailey with the way this forum is going, time to move on nearly 2013 folks....

How long have we got Gormley?

"Earlier this season, Liam played eleven minutes as a trialist for Morton in the Greenock club’s 1-0 win over Raith Rovers"

That'll do for me.

Time Team in the past
Is this topic not about Liam Gormley signing for east fife instead of baileys its like we are going back in time sorry who cares i know i wouldnt loose sleep thinking about a bailey with the way this forum is going, time to move on nearly 2013 folks....

Good point. I think we East Fife fans have a natural tendency to look to our glorious past. To balance that out read the superbly topical Beyond the Breeze block column in the programme this Saturday. Items this week include the Declaration of Arbroath, a Review of Half Man Half Biscuits debut album and we ask the people will a highland league team ever get into the SFL?