Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
todays match

colin samuel on subs bench

Re: todays match

1-0 up jamieson 13mins

1-1 currie 43mins

2=1 up mcbride 47mins

Well done Fife

Superb. We march on under Brown

Brill game today.... Best I have seen for ages... Well done! ..PS Bobby Barr please sign for us!

2 wins on the bounce and it goes to show exactly what a new manager could do. Players out warming up from 2.15 (I don't think I've ever seen us out as early!) and seem to have found their desire again. Looked more up for it.

McBride looks a completely different player. Bobby Barr was outstanding and in my opinion man of the match for the second week on the bounce. We must do all we can to sign him!

Without a doubt the squad still needs strengthened at left back, right back, and another winger. We atleast looked for long spells today the team we've been capable of being all season.

We were excellent today and anything other than a win would of been day light robbery.

We were all over Arbroath and it should of been 5-1 at half time. Saying that, the Arbroath goal should of been disallowed. Clear foul on Antell.

The stand side linesman had a shocker. Some baffling decisions.

Very positive about our future in this league now. Playoffs are surely a possibility.

Well done Billy Brown and the boys. Terrific.

I have Billy Brown's post match interview videoed on my phone. Can anyone tell me how to upload it here?

Liam Anderson
I have Billy Brown's post match interview videoed on my phone. Can anyone tell me how to upload it here?

Upload it onto youtube, then post the link on here for others to see.

Officials were truly shocking today which makes this win all the more satisfying .Well done all the lads for keeping the head while still showing the burning desire to win this game.

rab b

Anyone know if he has signed now, he surely must have his visa through he hasnt been involved since Peterhead away in the cup which was July 28th 2012 but am sure if he had of scored the third goal after coming on from the bench, Bayview would have erupted big style today!

With the comment about Bobby staying is a defo yes i agree with you too, hes our main player in this team Things are now looking very postivie for us now and we hope this will continue and climb this leauge, Billy has made a massive difference since loosing 5-1 to Elgin in the cup to two wins in a row....This is much better and we have strengthen the striker area too...Roll on the 8th December now, Mon The Fife!

Cambuslang Fifer
rab b

Anyone know if he has signed now, he surely must have his visa through he hasnt been involved since Peterhead away in the cup which was July 28th 2012 but am sure if he had of scored the third goal after coming on from the bench, Bayview would have erupted big style today!

With the comment about Bobby staying is a defo yes i agree with you too, hes our main player in this team Things are now looking very postivie for us now and we hope this will continue and climb this leauge, Billy has made a massive difference since loosing 5-1 to Elgin in the cup to two wins in a row....This is much better and we have strengthen the striker area too...Roll on the 8th December now, Mon The Fife!

If you were at the game like me you would have heard that he was listed as a trialist. This therefore tells us that he has not yet signed. As to whether this is a Visa issue, I am unsure. Perhaps there was a piece in the programme about this? I sadly didn't buy one today. I hope this helps

Coonsil Tax Payer
Cambuslang Fifer
rab b

If you were at the game like me you would have heard that he was listed as a trialist. This therefore tells us that he has not yet signed. As to whether this is a Visa issue, I am unsure. Perhaps there was a piece in the programme about this? I sadly didn't buy one today. I hope this helps

Nice one!!

DLA
Coonsil Tax Payer
Cambuslang Fifer
rab b

Nice one!!

Ahhh thank you

Coonsil

That means he has been a trialist since he first joined the club in pre-season because there was something that he couldnt play for us after we beat peterhead that is why it would have been his visa or he needed to wait till his contact at arbroath was finished from SFA or something like that and his name already appears in our programme as a trialist from the start on page 26 + 27 and yes i was at the game like you. Thank you for correcting me he was a trialist, smarty pants lol nice addition if he gets the green light on a contract wealth of experience and International experience for a striker and to boost this attacking line for cover for shagger and wardlaw being sidelined. Just saying a Trialist doesnt get 4 month he would only get upto a month or so before he is improved or not by the club like on Football manager....

Heard that his visa is now through.He has been training with another team and a deal with them fell through.

A good win today and we played some really good football. Thought Stoney played really well, however it was the best team performance at Bayview for some time.
A big well done to players and management.

Penpal
Liam Anderson

Upload it onto youtube, then post the link on here for others to see.

Not sure exactly how to do it, but I'm sure it's the way to go....
Any internet techies on here help?????........

Uploading to youtube as we speak! Apologies for me 'corpsing' when the question I was going to ask about Collin Samuel went completely out of my head! Thats why there are two videos

Part one uploaded to http://youtu.be/GSEo5sTTkGE

Good interview, keep up the good work.
Will see part 2 when its up.

Part two http://youtu.be/2lNAzhz-z6s

With regards to Collin Samuel, he only played one competitive game (Peterhead in Challenge Cup) as a trialist so having played yesterday he still has game he can play before he has to sign

Good interview and straight answers.

Thank you.

Thought it was one of the most entertaining games for a long time.The players have taken a lot of criticism this season,a good deal of it justified,but everyone gave 100% yesterday and the crowd responded.Good to see someone on the posts at a corner {Sloan heading off the line} - have lost count of the goals and games we've lost through not doing this.

I believe if we can get a few more results under our belt the team will improve further.