Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Next fixture

After today I'm obviously looking forward to out next game. However, it appears as though our next game is Ayr away on 15th December. Is this correct and if so can anyone tell me why we've no game on December 8th? I've checked the fixtures on the BBC website and we seem to have disappeared that week. Don't know if i could go that long without a game now that we seem to have turned the corner!

P.s. well done today. Our new Bobby is superb!!

Re: Next fixture

Official web site says 15th of Dec too :(... That Cannae be right?

i think we play Stranrear at home two weeks today??

Im going with what the fixture list says on the book it says Stranrear at home on the 8th December 2012 which is two weeks and 15th December 2012 is three weeeks away its Ayr United away....Look closely if you were there and brought the programme like me.

But we dont have a game next weekend which will be Saturday 1st December as its Scottish cup week and Rangers play Elgin on the Sunday....Does this help???????

Mon The Fife! Another great win....Officials on the park were total clueless at there deicsion making in the match but we deserved the points and the crowd were brilliant...Two wins in a row but dont want to get too carried away there more work to be done and 23 games yet to play still...Great effort all round. Johnstone, Barr, McBride and the rest were brilliant in the game. Well done Mon The Fife!

We are definitely at home to Stranraer on 8th December. I've noticed that sometimes the BBC web site has fixtures missing.

Also missing from the SFL web site!

Jim Corstorphine
We are definitely at home to Stranraer on 8th December. I've noticed that sometimes the BBC web site has fixtures missing.

Thanks all.

I'll be there as always and may treat myself to a programme to mark the occasion. I'm sure most people will be aware that it's game on nearer the time. Thank goodness we've got a massive sign outside the ground. However, I would love a good old school advert in the East Fife Mail! On a serious note it's strange the game is missing from so many sources. Presume the SFL are to blame as the BBC source the fixtures from them. I'm guessing that the official site also takes the lead from the SFL. Overlooking East Fife in such a way is reason alone to demand league reconstruction. Perhaps this is more evidence of this social unrest / disorder that we have been warned of?

Anyway, who cares as long as we can make it 3 wins on the spin!

Get back to the days when you got a big gold and black poster pasted onto the Bawbee Brig telling you the next home fixture.

Coonsil Tax Payer
Jim Corstorphine

Thanks all.

I'll be there as always and may treat myself to a programme to mark the occasion. I'm sure most people will be aware that it's game on nearer the time. Thank goodness we've got a massive sign outside the ground. However, I would love a good old school advert in the East Fife Mail! On a serious note it's strange the game is missing from so many sources. Presume the SFL are to blame as the BBC source the fixtures from them. I'm guessing that the official site also takes the lead from the SFL. Overlooking East Fife in such a way is reason alone to demand league reconstruction. Perhaps this is more evidence of this social unrest / disorder that we have been warned of?

Anyway, who cares as long as we can make it 3 wins on the spin!

Don't blame the BBC. Try looking at our own website. On the home page it highlights our next game as Ayr away (wrong). Then try to find a fixture list for the season. The tab on the left for 'results/fixtures' gives fixtures up to today, very poorly displayed without dates or competitions, and nothing for he rest of the season. The tab at the top of the home page under 'league' takes you to the same place. And the 'results/fixtures' link at the foot of the page gives all last season's fixtures instead.
Why haven't we got a full list of fixtures on our own website? And if we do have one, why is it so hard to find that I can't locate it?

we could have a electronic sign post and its less hassle re-changing the sign post we could do that way? dunno how much that would cost and would the vandels destroy something like that, be good during the winter seasons get people converted into following their local side every week aswell as doing a bit of shopping espically during the winter when games might get called off and they cant check websites, idea

I agree that our own website needs updated badly espically with fixture list every season, squad list some players are missing (love to see players profile in order to their postions like raith had before on there website and click on the player for info would make a good site) and club management still has gordon chisholm as assistant manager but the layout, pictures and EFTV is been the best thing we have had on it but the lack of information is poor. love to help but i will leave those that are in charge, doing a great job i will leave the professionals to sort it out whenever.

The tab at the top of the home page under 'league' takes you to the same place.

They've just changed it, too. When I looked last week, it said our next game is against Airdrie Utd and, although all the season's fixtures were there, it didn't tell you whether the games were home or away!

The last three posters look like the right type of guys to volunteer, to help the VOLUNTEERS, get the website sorted. C'mon guys, you know you can do it, get yerself down to Bayview in your spare time and help the club out here!

Hmmmm . . interesting . . . TBH I'm not involved with anything on the official site apart from match photos and writing pieces about new signings etc., but I've just had a look at the official site and see what you mean. I think the problem is that the future fixtures bit on the right of the screen must update automatically from some remote resource, and presumably the BBC site and other sites update from the same source?
.. and yes, the player profiles etc. need updating. Not actually my department but I'll see what I can do.

Opinion
The last three posters look like the right type of guys to volunteer, to help the VOLUNTEERS, get the website sorted. C'mon guys, you know you can do it, get yerself down to Bayview in your spare time and help the club out here!

If the existing people at the club can't provide a fixture list to let supporters know when to turn up, why are they at the club? This is a basic provision that every football supporter in the land should be able to take for granted on their club's website. This is the end of November, not July or August.
Car boot sale? Step this way, sir. Next home match? No idea.

Opinion

I'd never knock anyone who volunteers - I wish I'd a pound for every hour I'd spent trying to help the Club on an unpaid basis, and there are plenty who've spent far more time on this than I have. Hats off to them.

However, that does not contradict my post. The Club are a commercial concern and the Board have a duty to the Club. Basics like allowing people to know when games are on should not need to be managed by volunteers. To be honest, I get a bit pissed off hearing how it's our duty as fans to make the Club a success. No, it isn't. If we can do stuff, great. But we're paying customers and it's not our obligation.

Perhaps, it comes back again to a lack of transparency. I'll be honest - I'm less inclined to help the Club so that Samantha Twigg gets richer. Or, perhaps that's wrong. Perhaps, the Directors and Ms Twigg saved the Club and should be applauded. The point is, I genuinely don't know.

So, is it fair to point out the apalling fixture list on the website? I think so - after all, the Club asked last week what could be better.

By doing this, am I criticising volunteers? Absolutely not.

Will I be volunteering myself anytime soon? No. But I have done in various ways on and off over the years and may do again in the future. But, it certainly won't be because I'm obliged to.

As always, happy to explore others' points of view on all this.

Fixture list in the programme is correct although I noticed this morning that I hadn't changed the Stenhousemuir game to the 22nd December, apologies for that! The game v Stranraer may change yet as if they somehow manage to get a drawat home to Dundee United next week they would be entitled to have the game replayed on the 8th due to the 100 mile rule for Scottish Cup ties!